• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail upgrade clarification

Okay, so I know this verse went through some major upgrades recently and I wanted to know how some of these are done because they seem wrong.

I'm curious as to why all the spriggan were scaled to Brandish's hax feat of shrinking an island. Only the top tiers of the spriggan and not the weaker ones. Unless you have a scan saying all the spriggan are equal in power, it seems like a baseless assumption, as they clearly have stronger and weaker categories.

On my phone now so I can't give u links or scans but I can direct u to where the statement that the Spriggan were equal was made (if that's alright) chapter 443 page 30 I believe. Brandish displays her power then warns the main cast that there were 11 others of the same caliber as her. The only 2 real distinctions made were August and Irene (Lacarde was by his own statement so I don't know if he counts)

@lordAizen don't know if it should be "pure hax" considering it does seem to have some direct combat applications; she showed she could shrink and/or enlarge normal and magical attacks exponentially, she did it when she enlarged her initially tiny blade to stab August, was able to increase her size (I'd imagine that would cause at least some increase in her dc) and shrunk and rapidly enlarged Lucy's own attack and turned it against her.

she can use her hax to inflict damage, yes, but what she is doing is just changing the size of things. Which is hax.

I'm not even sure when it was accepted as AP, last I remember there was a lot of people against it.

Here is one instance of Brandish saying they are all "of her calibur."

http://*********.com/Manga/Fairy-Tail/Fairy-Tail---443?id=307899#28

While some are clearly above others. It shouldn't be by so much. Obviously Irene and August are far above the others and thus are High 6-C. The others are low end 6-C due to Brandish and Invel.

@LordAizen ur not wrong that what she's doing is basically changing the size of things, but I disagree with the idea that because that is the basis of the ability it should be completely written off as a purely hax based power. Gosh I'm not explaining myself well am I? Ok let me try again, if the ability to manipulate her mass and the mass of things around allows her to increase her dc and ap y should it be written off, isn't it essentially her talking maximum advantage of the benefits her powers provide? Ok I'm fairly certain that wasn't very coherent but im really tired, pls let me know if I'm not being clear and I'll try to adjust it

Some people just don't like the fact that Fairy Tail got upgraded.

Anyway brb, trying to update Donte to MHS and Kirito to Multi continental and relativistic via light novels :^ )

But no serously, FT does at least deserve this.

@COB sorry, I just thought that the mechanics and classification of Brandishs' power was just a more engaging argument.

Well he asked for clarification on the Brandish stuff in which is confusing considering our previous stance on it. I think many people forgot about Invel though.

No worries, that is the core argument here. But the point is it's being assumed here that only Brandish' feat matters.

Which is fairly inaccurate.

Well Invel's another pillar for this scaling. A much better one. I partly think Brandish's stuff is haxx based too but I wonder how much it would hurt for her to toss something small into the sky, turn it into an island and slam it on an enemy.

Invel produced a feat of at least comparable power to Brandish, and Irene one that considerably exceeded it. In addition, I think that the feats have been stated to be directly proportionate to raw magic power. Hence, we are now able to scale from Brandish.

Well, as pretty much everyone said

Between Invel, Brandish and Irene's feat, I thought that this scaling may work

Back