• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Revision: Phantom Lord Arc

Hello, This is to discuss the Phantom Lord Arc Stats and feats regarding the Spell Abyss Break, and the Element 4.

The Abyss Break is described as a darkness blast that with such a size is capable of wiping out half of Magnolia, everything all the way to Cardia Cathedral.
FAIRY TAIL 054 13
Though I am no expert on pixel calculations, this is from what I can tell from educated answers. Magnolia is large enough to house 60,000 people, which by settlement hierarchy (which measures a settlement's geographical size by populations numbers) is considered large town size. so wiping out half of that is impressive.
Magnolia
with even half of that being at least still Large Town (550 kilotons), the Abyss Break is powered by the Element 4's magic power, so divided by 4 is 137.5 kilotons at least for each member. High 7-C can be scaled from strongest to weakest element 4.

I know that this is vague and unlikely to pass, but I wish to get some people's advice about this?

I doubt that this scales to the 4 elemental since it was shown that a lacrima was the one that powered the shot, not the 4 elementals. And Natsu just shoved a sword in the lacrima to destroy it.

That the Jupiter Cannon not the Abyss Break which is stated to be powered by the Element Four.

the abyss break only summoned literal phantoms to fight the mage iirc. I don't remember it having a back up attack to destroy the town.

What?

The Abyss Break is a spell that the Giant was about to cast with the Element Four powering it. Each member that was defeated slowed the Giant.

With all members defeated the Giant couldn't cast the Abyss Break.

Jellal could also cast the Abyss Break which would have destroyed the Tower of Heaven.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
These seems like a pretty big outlier.
I mean, it's undertandable because this is not the unsual pixel calcs, that is why if anyone can help with that this would be appreciated. I mean, The Magic Giant's casting the spell i very much tied to the magic that is the Element 4, if one falls, it effects the progress of the Giant.

Theglassman12 said:
ok, that sounds more like they were a fuel source than giving the giant more power.
the fuel source does give the Giant Power, cutting it off from the source just stops the supply of magic to have it cast the spell. plus the DC of the spell depends on the size of the Circle it draws. plus it is more unique than just magic power, but magic itself as Abyss Break is powered by the four elements, fire, air, water and earth.

Oh I'm not judging the calc itself ( I suck at them.) I'm talking about the yield. At this point IIRC the strongest thing we've seen in FT was MCB and this here is several magnitudes above that, not only that but it'd likely cause massive issues with scaling which already seems to be an issue for FT.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Oh I'm not judging the calc itself ( I suck at them.) I'm talking about the yield. At this point IIRC the strongest thing we've seen in FT was MCB and this here is several magnitudes above that, not only that but it'd likely cause massive issues with scaling which already seems to be an issue for FT.
fair enoug, which is why I would like to keep this going for now to get people talkin, because there are other matters I wish to talk about as well.

Back