• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 6

Fire Dragon v Iron Dragon part 2?! Sign me up, the first fight between these 2 was the highlight of the phantom lord arc, time to see where they stand now.

Lucy vs the Strauss? That's actually unexpected, here's to hoping she pulls through.

Gray vs the Thunder Legion. Again this was another unexpected matchup, looks like he's going to get payback for getting taken out by Bickslow way back when.

Plus Jellal and Laxus are still stalking around. Looking forward to this.

Lets face it, Erza is about to fight Laxus and Jellal again but actually win this time lol

I am still curious to see how Team Natsu stack up against each other cuz depending on who is stronger than who, people like Mira, Elfman and the Raijinshu could drop from being usually comparable to base Team Natsu members to considerably below when they get 1v2'd or 1v3'd.

Nice to see Gajeel is probably still even with Natsu though I could see Levy and Lily jumping in and helping out Gajeel a bit into the fight.

Chances are this arc will give us a better idea of who scales to who by the end.

Or it could screw up the scaling as we know it. But at least it'll clear up the scaling chain even then, it wasn't particularly clear in Alvarez. All Alvarez told us was that everyone had gotten much stronger. Now at least we'll know who's behind and who's gone ahead.

Was there really a scaling chain in Alvarez aside from the Dragneels, Irene and Acno? Everything else was literally some named Fiore mages scaling to a Spriggan who are > Ikusa.

I think jellal is playing dumb in reality, because jellal already get whitewashed by ultear then maybe he tries to develop resistance to mind control so no one can control him. He isn't dumb to search for a zeref lvl threath without any prep, but who knowƒñÀÔÇìÔÖÇ´©Å

Everybody has their opponents but Wendy and Erza, so they'll probably be teamed up again. Maybe fighting Laxus will give Erza a chance to bust Belserion out again.

Erza will most definitely end up fighting Jellal, Wendy will likely help Erza or Lucy, Juvia will... don't know, Natsu should be able to handily beat Gajeel now, although we know Hiro won't admit Natsu's stronger and make them equal again, as for Laxus, he'll likely fight Jellal at some point, whether Jellal is freed and fights for the heroes or vice versa, they got to fight, however I would like to see Natsu take on Laxus solo and win, proving he actually is stronger

Because one thing I'm very worried about is the series making Natsu scaling wise weaker than Laxus, Gildarts, Jellal, and Erza, because he's not, so if he gets put below them, I'm gonna call total bullshit, maybe if he only uses Base Mode, but if he breaks out Dragon Force he could beat every enemy in a one on one

It's pretty obvious that Mashima doesn't want the power levels within the guild to be heavily skewed in Natsu's favour.

That's probably y he gets power ups and forms that make him a top tier easily but they're generally temporary or difficult to activate (as seems to be the case with DF).

How's Natsu gonna be able to reach Ignia's power level on his own, if he doesn't surpass everyone else, he's the main character who defeated people far above everyone else, of course the power scaling should skew in his favor

I have no issue with Natsu being stronger than everyone else I'm just saying it as I see it.

Maybe he wants to avoid a situation like Naruto, where he's gotten so absurdly powerful relative to everyone else that the other characters don't have much impact on the plot anymore. For instance:

The kage when they were first introduced were all presented as the pinnacle of ability and any character capable of going against one was deemed a massive threat. But now unless an enemy can solo all of the other 4 at once, they don't even register.

Or maybe I'm wrong and we see a clear shift in the balance of power inseries idk.

I highly doubt Natsu is gonna get the Naruto treatment. While Maruto is definitely about people putting aside differences and overcoming prejudice to help each other get stronger as a result, FT is far more about actually needing friends to achieve such heights. Natsu getting stronger will always be accompanied by his friends getting stronger as him becoming so strong that they are practically useless and metaphorically leaving them behind goes against the entire message of the series.

Inb4 Natsu confesses his love to Lucy and channels the One True Magic while fighting the final boss of this manga. I didn't specify the Moon Dragon because I'm not sure if it is going to be the real final boss.

Moon Dragon Tries to bring the Moon to crash into Earth, that would be a solid tier 5 feat

So when fairy tail members get freed of their control, they won't be able to use magic until the link with the white mage is broken, looks like Laxus vs Jellal won't happen, at least with the current info we have, that means Team Natsu has to solo the guild in a multitude of fights, which won't be impossible because Natsu... regardless We could see some major upgrades for Lucy if she can beat Mira, the battles we have and I expect to see are...

Natsu vs Gajeel

Gray vs Thunder Legion

Lucy and her spirits vs The Strauss's

Erza and Wendy vs Jellal

Natsu vs Laxus

Erza vs Makarov

Lucy, Gray, and Wendy vs everyone else

Either Natsu or everyone vs Touka

These are some of matches I suspect will happen in this fighting festival, maybe a Human version of Aldron will jump in at some moments, and possibly the Dragon Eaters too, I also suspect Natsu will get controlled by Touka and have to fight the guild and Lucy will save him, wow there are so many characters to deal with now, looking forward to the coming fights in this arc, although I suspect most of them will be one chapter quick fights, that's usually how Fairy Tail works, which is fine, I'm used to it by now, if they look cool, that's really all that matters to me

Yo guy's, I have a question, what ever happened to the sea feat that Mercuphobia did in 100 year quest? Was it ever calced?

Mr.Cinos15 said:
Yo guy's, I have a question, what ever happened to the sea feat that Mercuphobia did in 100 year quest? Was it ever calced?
Iirc its wasnt that impressive according to some member who can calc, also the whole panel didn't show that how much water he actually lift

Iirc its wasnt that impressive according to some member who can calc, also the whole panel didn't show that how much water he actually lift

Hmm if thats true then darn, I would prefer to see an actual calc of the feat though. And since they said sea, can't we make an extremely conservitive estimate like for example the smallest sea in our world?

I think so. I remember a DxD calc used the smallest mountain range in the world for a feat that didn't describe the size of the mountain range that was destroyed.

Back