• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 4

@Blackejean that presumes that the qualifying level of "being vitally strong enough"is uniform among all the dragon slayers. Instead of being relative, Gajeel is very much proof of this, he has always depicted as being comparable to Natsu but he didn't get motion sick until much later than Natsu

Captain Torch said:
Natsu is an "outlier" because at first Hiro wanted it to be purely Natsu's quirk. At GMG however, he decided to make it a "dragon slayer" thing.
U shouldn't say it like that cause that would mean that everything Natsu related would be an outlier + Laxus had motion sickness (Mira asked about it and Laxus didn't want anyone to find out)

@David

It was established that the other DS (other then Base Wendy/Gajeel already had motion sickness cause they were strong enough. U can't also just think that just cause they fought together that wouldn't automatically mean they r comparable

Ex: Goku and Piccolo fighting Raditz but Gokus PL was higher then the Yoshi

When was it revealed that Laxus had motion sickness though. I don't remember anything of the sort pre timeskip and if it was in X791, Hiro was only then adding it as quirk of DS.

Gajeel and Natsu are comparable though as seen when they fought almost completely evenly during the Phantom War and against Laxus.

IIrc it was in the GMG when Natsu and Gajeel was doing the race and when Sting said what he said, Mira asked if Laxus had it and he was like "don't tell anyone"

It wasn't a quirk since it was said in the Pre Timeskip by Happy that he gets motion sickness easily cause of his DS powers and I don't remember Natsu and Gajeel being comparable during Phantom arc simce (iirc) Natsu had a good edge on Gajeel but the moment the Iron man used those scales, he was stronger then Natsu

BlackeJan said:
Well remember when FT first started and Natsu had motion sickness? iirc it was said from Sting that DS gets that when they vitally become strong enough. A 7-C Base Natsu had motion sickness....and what also was funny is that's abase Gajeel also didn't have motion sickness until the GMG.

This basically shows that Base Gajeel/Wendy were NEVER on the same lvl as Natsu if he had motion sickness at a tier of 7-C
Can you post the scan?

So sad we're never gonna see them like this together in the manga, I wish they could've reconciled
Natsu Zeref Good Brothers

Is that Igneel? How are they going to explain him returning?

Well, at least him being on Acnologia's level should make him fighting the Water Dragon God believable if they do it right.

Yoyco said:
It might be the fire dragon god due to having a different pattern on his hand.
Yeah ur right, I genuinely didn't notice the different pattern initially good catch.

What're the chances the Fire dragon god is Igneels dad and consequently Natsu's grandpa?

I just want to know so much more about the lore ahhh

What does it mean to be a God?

How many Gods are there?

How did the God Dragons get so strong and why are they Dragons?

How strong is Anhkseram?

Is there a God of Creation?

I honestly figure that to be a god u either have to be of a certain level of power or be of the god "species".

I figure the dragon gods fall into the first category, they're probably just unnaturally powerful dragons, which considering how op dragons generally are in FT qualifies them as technical "gods"

But other entities like Anksheram, Chronos and the 18 battle gods are what I refer to as the god "species", these guys seem to be akin to the traditional definition of gods. I don't really expect to get much info on these guys.

But these are just my thoughts

That makes sense but I want something like an origin explanation for these Gods.

That reminds me, what happened to those Feral Dragons that loved eating humans that were from another continent? Did they get wiped out in the war between them and the Ishgar Dragons+Dragon Slayers?

Acno was supposed to have killed off all the dragons from Ishgar and Alakitasia afaik.

Speaking of things from other continents, isn't Gray from the Northern continent? How'd he get to Ishgar?

AnonymousBlank said:
Speaking of things from other continents, isn't Gray from the Northern continent? How'd he get to Ishgar?
He had a spin-off called Ice Trails following his journey to Isgar IIRC

The elf says DG never take part in dragon king festivals and they keep their identity hidden maybe that's why acnologia never know about them

So any thoughts on Natsu tanking Merc's full power roar?

Also really hyped for next chapter. If it is a new DG hopefully it's a fire DG. Who can teach natsu some new moves & better control of his power.

Fun fight chapter, also while Natsu hasn't actually damaged the water god, he has done far better than everyone else, I mean he is definitely giving it his all... in his base form, on another note, I don't think the dragon is Igneel, but most certainly a Fire Dragon God, if it is Igneel, I'm calling BS

Lastly Natsu really needs a powerup, if he's actually going to compete against the Dragon Gods

20190219 233915 rmedited
I don't think he is ingeel since the patters are different, but who knows, maybe it ueda art style, but knowing hiro, i don't think igneel will back

I DONT understand why gray is screaming Please freeze when he isn't even in his form hes just in base typa bran usage

At this point it's pretty obvious that Natsu's base forms and FDKM are interchangeable, given that he is spamming FDK techs.

This was a pretty cool chapter, but once again... too short.

The end is really intriguing. A fire dragon god perhabs? Surprised that we're getting an introduction of one so early.

Back