• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 3

Laxus One Shot a Spriggan while he was weakened and the opponent was resistant to Lightning

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Laxus One Shot a Spriggan while he was weakened and the opponent was resistant to Lightning
He one shot the spriggan after he managed to heal himself of his magic illness and obtained a whole new form, I'm not saying it isn't impressive but not so much so that it overshadows Jellal getting pissed, ripping a hole in the sky and one-shoting a spriggan with one of his more basic spells.

Well, Neinhart is the weakest Spriggan when it comes to physical durability

Point is, Laxus One Shot a much more durable Spriggan who is resistant to his magic

also, laxus has consistently shown being stronger than Jellal in every single arc, so yeah

Laxus>Jellal

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
also, laxus has consistently shown being stronger than Jellal in every single arc, so yeah

Laxus>Jellal
I wouldn't say that, neither character was ever directly compared to the other. Plus the one character both of them have mutually faced off against was Jura; Jellal managed to keep Jura on his toes and even Jura was concerned when Jellal started pulling out Sema. Laxus on the other hand finished his fight with Jura (a long drawn out fight) and managed to scrape out a win. Also, they even have the exact same tiers for all their keys

Yeah Laxus and Jellal are pretty much equal, except for either one being slightly stronger

IMO Laxus is stronger, and a better character

but Jellal being stronger is just as likely

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Yeah Laxus and Jellal are pretty much equal, except for either one being slightly stronger

IMO Laxus is stronger, and a better character

but Jellal being stronger is just as likely
Yeah, both are pretty much neck in neck. As for who's the better character, I like both of them pretty evenly which is y I'm hyped for this fight.

I like Jellal a lot less, because I never really liked his romance with Erza, I feel like she never should have forgiven him for killing Simon, which would've been more interesting

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Jellal x Erza is sucks. I prefers Ichiya x Erza. ::v
Ichya as awesome as he is has to leave some good fortune for others.

@Mitch I can see not liking their romance, but I personally enjoyed it. Erza forgives Jellal cuz he was under Ultears thumb and cuz she genuinely was in love with him. Jellal on the other hand couldn't forgive himself and believed he didn't deserve anything good in the world. I don't know but that dichotomy in both characters thinking always made there romance interesting to me.

I just think Erza could do much better cough* cough* Mystogan AKA Better Jellal

Eh Mystogan was cool but if that was the way Mashima ended up going it would almost feel like Mystogan would just be a replacement for Jellal as a romantic interest instead of his own character imo

Yeah that does seem like what Mashima would do ... still voting Mystogan via superior quality though. Jellal got sucky after the Oracion Seis arc with his whole repentance crap. Preferred the guy as a villain.

As a character? Maybe, I'm sure there are a quite a few Jellal fans around here. Aside from him getting pissed against Neinhart, post OS arc I only liked his powers. Awesome fights boring convos

I just never forgave Jellal for killing Simon, felt his redemption arc wasn't great, and didn't like his romance with Erza, which is all he really had, his romance with Erza and a weak redemption arc, and since that's all he really had, I just feel Meh about his character, IMO Mystogan is done much better, and he's had an entire arc about him, also Laxus is a better character as well, who I feel has come a long way, and should be the next guild master

I Hope Laxus sends Jellal back to Erza Crying

I became a fan by watching a Top 10 anime fights video, and saw the Natsu vs Zero fight a few years ago, and I was hooked, I watched more and more of the show and eventually I started the Manga at the very beginning of the GMG arc

I remember watching FT for the 1st time....I remember wanting to watch It cause I saw a big boob blond girl on a thumbnail on YouTube titled "Fairy Tail Episode 1" back in 2009 😂

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Anyone believes me that I became an FT fan....from Fanfiction?
I discovered more than half of anime/manga I watched/read from Crossovers.

I like a series, I see it has good crossovers with an another series, I started to read the crossover, I realize I know nothing about the other series but I also get interested in it and I start to follow it. Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, RWBY, etc. are just some examples. The only anime/mangas I started to like in a different way are Death Note (a friend told me it was beautiful and he wasn't wrong), JoJo (internet told me it was beautiful and it wasn't wrong) and Eden's Zero. Not counting series I dropped halfway.

I started into FT when I read that Bleach x FT fanfic back then. I started to like it since the character design are purely awesome. The other manga/anime I love from Fanfic are Code Geass and Fate Series.

PMMM and Danganronpa are the only ones I found out from YT.

How we discovered FT huh?

>I came home from school one day to see my sis watching it on my laptop and called it stupid (it was the Daybreak arc, can you blame me?).

>Saw her watching it two weeks later (ToH arc), joined her for an episode, found it boring (Jellal and DF were the only good things in that arc).

>Heard Mystogan (thought his design was awesome when I saw it in the Phantom Lord arc) shows up in Battle for Fairy Tail and finally decided to watch the series just to see more of him (I was cheated). On the plus side, I found one of my top five shonen manga/anime to date.

Hey so like it just clicked to me but if Touka indeed is the white witch that had sucked up the magic from others....maybe she does it by lip locking!!! ƒÿ▒

I mean think about it:

1). She loves Natsu

2). We've been waiting for romance between Natsu/Lucy

3). Battle of Lucy and Touka will happen

So Touka will steal Natsu magic through lips!

Just read the chapter, and have to say I really enjoyed it.

Jellal vs Laxus seems to be hype, and despite me loving both of the characters a lot, I'm rooting for Jellal on this one.

Also, it's always Erza who gets into situations like these isn't it? Slavery in tower of heaven, torture in tartaros, and now this. Also, since she was *technically* crying, wouldn't it count for Natsu to go batshit mad? He did promise that he won't let anyone make erza cry.

Also really glad to see Brandish back. One of the best Spriggans personality wise, and I feel like she wasn't explored well enough(which admittedly can be said for most Spriggans). Also, she might be helpful in powerscaling later on.

Also, honestly surprised so many people dislike Jellal on this forum. While I agree that his redemption arc was poorly handled, it never stopped me from loving the character. I enjoy him a lot, and like his personality. He is also quite badass :p

I always liked that both Jellal and Laxus are basically equally badass, but in completely different ways(Laxus is the classic "badass", while Jellal is the "skilled prodigy badass" type)

Huh, why are Laxus and Jellal fighting? I prefer Laxus, by the way.

I got into one of my favorite series from fanfiction as well. I also got back into Naruto from fanfiction. Lol.

So we're on opposing sides Captain

I don't dislike Jellal, however I'm Team Laxus, and hope he wins... tho it's likely gonna be interrupted and end in a draw which would basically mean they're equal

As for Brandish, She could be great for Powerscaling

As for the Touka Kiss thing, 100% possible

I mean on one hand I don't want Touka to Kiss Natsu before Lucy, but on the other hand, It would push Lucy to Confess

I'm 100% we getting romance I mean we already have a Gray x Juvia + Levy is pregnant with Gajeel baby so hell yeah y'all better look forward to this!

Man, I just love reading Hateful *********** comments

1.Why is Laxus dumb, Jellal clearly ain't a bad guy 2.This is lazy writing, they should talk things out 3.Laxus is an evil prick

Why is everyone overthinking it, Jellal, to be fair, did not give enough info about Touka to justify taking her, they should just be hype that Laxus vs Jellal is happening, there is no need to overthink this scenario

Back