• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 16 (Another one that will disappear into the void)

Damage3245 said:
You gotta do something about that ungodly Wall of Text first though.
Break all the paragraphs up. Use some bullet points. Please.
Broke it up somewhat

Completely disagree with SbT, as that's never directly compared to Etherion and Ignia's statement is neat but unquantifiable given we don't know how long it took him, we don't know how it was done and the size of said countries. August also ignores durability so that can't be used.

@Mitch Not to distract from ur explanation blog, but u added a PE end for Aldo's feat. In what circumstances would PE be more appropriate to use than KE?

Who's that? And why's he relevant?

He's the only High 6-A I have, he's relevant because I'm putting him against FT.

LordGinSama said:
Completely disagree with SbT, as that's never directly compared to Etherion and Ignia's statement is neat but unquantifiable given we don't know how long it took him, we don't know how it was done and the size of said countries. August also ignores durability so that can't be used.
Space Between Time scales above Dragon Form Acnologia regardless, the Ignia statement is solid support, because we scale Etherion to destroying Fiore, which is one the smallest countries on Ishgar, which is the smallest continent out of the bunch we know of, meaning if Ignia has destroy countries, it just gives more validity to the scaling, also August's attack doesn't ignore the durability of the land, he was producing the energy to melt the country itself, which isn't durability negation

But in general, I just compiled absolutely everything that I could to be justification, all I actually have to do is prove Fairy Heart has more magic power than Etherion or the Eclipse Gate and that's it, but I really wanted to hammer in the point

The method August used is very different than what Etherion does, first of all melts the land so it would take a lot less force as opposed to the nuclear blast Etherion gives us, so regardless I don't think he should be used as an example given that his feat would have produced much lower results than Etherion. Ignia, again is unquestionably vague. Etherion is irrelevant in regards to his statement as you can't assume that he can bust them in a singular attack, which isn't shown and we don't know his method of destruction or the timeframe so that's a moot point.

Everything else looks good at first glance but I'll look at it again later.

Just a thought, but I noticed that the Etherion calc uses the widest diameter of Fiore possible in order to find the radius of the Etherion explosion.

Instead of the largest value, perhaps we should use an average of Fiore's diameter?

August's Magia spell would be based on pulverization method as it would turn the land to dust. While Etherion would be vaporization

Damage3245 said:
Just a thought, but I noticed that the Etherion calc uses the widest diameter of Fiore possible in order to find the radius of the Etherion explosion.
Instead of the largest value, perhaps we should use an average of Fiore's diameter?
We're already lowballing the calc by using the ground level explosion calculation and by using Fiore, which is one of the smallest countries on the continent

I'd prefer if we just leave the calc the same as it is, the change would be very minor anyways

@LordGinSama

Melting all of Fiore would actually require more energy than what Etherion is currently calced at, we have just been lowballing to be safe

Melting typically requires a lot less energy than outright vaporization, so I'm not sure how melting fiore is gonna output more force the nuking fiore. And I wouldn't say lowballing either, considering we're using Fiore as opposed to smaller countries, and we could be using Air Burst which would decrease the feat significantly so all in all I'd say lowballing isn't the proper term here.

1. Fiore "IS" the second smallest country, lots of countries on the continent that are far bigger

2. Melting an entire country requires more energy than what we are using now, it's lower than vaporization, but it's still really strong

3. Air Burst is just flat out wrong for the type of destruction Etherion does

So yeah, we have been lowballing

>I'd prefer if we just leave the calc the same as it is, the change would be very minor anyways

Itd be a pretty big change actually if we used the shorter width.

Trinimac15 said:
Pretty sure that the blast was states that it was going to hit Cal elum from the tower of heaven that's a greater distance that the all of Fiore anyway.
If so, that's a greater value, but Fiore's size was used as a lowball due to the statement that it could wipe out a country in one shot and Fiore is one of the smallest countries on the planet.

If so, that's a greater value, but Fiore's size was used as a lowball due to the statement that it could wipe out a country in one shot and Fiore is one of the smallest countries on the planet.

I know i wrote what i wrote in response to Imade who sudgested we uses a smaller size of fiore to scale and there is simply no reason to do so.

Can people who haven't already post what they think of my argument on the explanation blog

Basically whether you agree or not with the scaling

Thanks, I try, as for 100k, that is a very long journey... I think I'll just make my goal 30k next

Imagine if the magic council on Giletina ever decides to measure the power of a DG & we got numbers in the billions of edeas....sucks that the numbers were never brought back as a form of power lvls.

Though I can defiantly see the issues that can come with it.

@BlackeJan

Dude... I think you should really read the blog to get the best possible justification, but fine then, to sum it up as simply as possible

Fairy Heart is stated to be the "Pinnacle of all magic" and has plenty of other evidence that scales it above Etherion and Dragon Cry in terms of magic power, and this concept is reinforced many times over by statements of Acnologia and Dragon Gods being really strong and having superiority to human weapons

Once again, it's said far better in the explanation blog

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Thanks, I try, as for 100k, that is a very long journey... I think I'll just make my goal 30k next
What do you think about lucy becoming a moon dragon slayer during the selene arc. Ive just thinking about her eventually getting a major power upgrade and gaining the central spotlight.

^I want Lucy to get mega upgrades, she's been the weakest member of Team Natsu for the entire series, she deserves some OP powers

Especially now. She's the only non-Exceed member of Team Natsu that has yet to break into Tier 6

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
^I want Lucy to get mega upgrades, she's been the weakest member of Team Natsu for the entire series, she deserves some OP powers
I have a hard time coming up with new magic that would make sense and how she would get it considering selene is evil.

Damage3245 said:

Etherion blast has a whole country in it's blast Radius. Such a statement wouldn't be made without one of the smallest Countries like Fiore within it's blast Radius.

And to have entire Fiore within the blast radius, it's blast radius has to be half of the largest diameter of Fiore, the existing one should be perfectly fine.

Back