• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Downgrading a Handful of High 6-A Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acno should scale above Ars Magia since nothing says that any of them actually know that Acno resists magic. The dura neg aspect just supports Acno scaling even more tbh since August doesn’t even think vaporising Acno’s blood will stop him.
Well I think that blood part would be more of a resistance than anything, and my biggest issue with scaling him to this is the fact that August could have been referring to Acnologia's full power and, honestly way more importantly, the fact that the High 6-A feat itself is basically an Environmental Destruction feat.

To be fair, if Human Acno was weaker than Ars Magia, wouldn't August have tried to find a way to trap Acnologia so that he could use Ars Magia on him?

the fact that the High 6-A feat itself is basically an Environmental Destruction feat.
Yeah I was thinking about the attack, and considering its wide spread over an area, it's not like human Ac would have to even tank the whole thing. He'd just have to tank the small part overtop of him. The only way I see human Ac hitting High 6-A is upscaling giant Gajeel.

KT, the High 6-A from Ars-Magia is essentially just Environmental Destruction. The part that actually attacks people is durability negation via blood vaporization

KT, the High 6-A from Ars-Magia is essentially just Environmental Destruction. The part that actually attacks people is durability negation via blood vaporization
I understand that, but the attack still having an AP value should be good enough for someone to scale above the yield.

The point isn't that he's superior to what August can focus on specific people, I think the point the others are trying to make is that it's superior to whatever he can wield period

I honestly don’t care whether or not we have the “Possibly High 6-A”

A lot of lore and hype suggest potential High 6-A hype for Human Acnologia, but it’s far from certain

I’m ok with Low 6-B to 6-B Human Forms, but also adding a “Possibly High 6-A” if people believe it’s necessary

Last edited:
With all this, I think that the aforementioned characters should no longer be scaled to High 6-A. Instead, I propose that they be scaled to “At least Low 6-B”, scaling above Zeref as they did in the past.

Thoughts?
1)the 1st reason for suzuku tier is flawed because Natsu was already somewhat tired from previous fight, he was not at his full power.

2)>another proponent for this High 6-A scaling comes from Mercphobia seeing the storm caused in Earthland by Human Form Selene getting serious and....
the storm was causing because of Selene magic power even though she was in another world, she Merc assistance said "so her power is this world from another world" again proof that merc statement is coming after judging/feeling Selene magic power. her dragon form is indeed stronger than her dragon form, but that does not mean her human form is weaker, her tier in human form should be likely high6A or any tier one lvl below high 6A

3)>The last major proponent of this High 6-A scaling is Acnologia scaling above Dragon Cry for killing the dragons that fuel it. However, this logic is very faulty due to the fact that killing each dragon individually wouldn’t scale him to the total combined power that went into Dragon Cry. He just needed to be strong enough to kill these dragons individually.

Animus after getting out of the Sonia body said that "this isn't the freedom i want", and after when he absorb dragon cry, he said" dragon cry grant me my true power/full power, indicating that dragon cry power=Animus in his prime, which was killed by Acnologia, All those dragon Acnologia is killed were not at the same tier.

Wait then how did they find out that Acno resists magic? let’s not forget that this is august and Irene who are very smart people and is around Zeref who had the most knowledge in the world and even was gonna take him on himself

I understand that, but the attack still having an AP value should be good enough for someone to scale above the yield.

The point isn't that he's superior to what August can focus on specific people, I think the point the others are trying to make is that it's superior to whatever he can wield period
If the yield is just Environmental Destruction, it’s completely unreliable for scaling.

Wait then how did they find out that Acno resists magic? let’s not forget that this is august and Irene who are very smart people and is around Zeref who had the most knowledge in the world and even was gonna take him on himself
Acno told Erza, Wendy, Jellal and Blue Pegasus when he nommed their attacks. You can say that Zeref might have known since he was certain that he and Mavis would never beat Acno but he also wasn’t handing out info like candy on Halloween since a limited form of END surprised Dimaria by moving in timestop which makes no sense when Zeref is the one who gave END his powers and can just read the book.

Possible high 6-A should be fine, but i am iffy on upscaling the to 6-B , since the low 6-B has a upscale on it as well
The Low 6-B isn't an upscale. Dragon Form Irene scales to Low 6-B now instead of High 6-C, Base Zeref scales above that, DF+FDKM Natsu scales to Low 6-B+ with the 4x multiplier. The 6-B would be upscaling from the Low 6-B+

Also, my biggest issue with using Ars-Magia for scaling is the fact that despite being High 6-A, it couldn't kill a single person through its AP. Gray, Lucy, Mavis, and even regular mages were only being affected by the blood vaporization, which makes it far more reasonable for the High 6-A to simply be Environmental Destruction, which isn't reliable to scale from. This also means that if August were to try and use Ars-Magia against Acnologia, the only thing that'd be attacking him directly is the blood vaporization.

Also, this part isn't necessary for this argument as I'm not 100% sure about this (it's just interesting at most), but it's very likely that Acnologia was caught in August's Ars-Magia as he was on his way to Fairy Hills and as shown, he crashed onto Fairy Hills in his human form.

The Low 6-B isn't an upscale. Dragon Form Irene scales to Low 6-B now instead of High 6-C, Base Zeref scales above that, DF+FDKM Natsu scales to Low 6-B+ with the 4x multiplier. The 6-B would be upscaling from the Low 6-B+
The low 6-B rating that natsu has come from a chain of multipliers stacked on top of the 4,0 gigatons to 4,3 gigatons upscale
But since that natsu would be low 6-B even without that upscale it should be fine

So what’s are the actual options were got? let’s be accurate as possible instead of just choosing which we think is best

Weakened Aldoron is High 6-A and above the Human Forms
Why tho? He is weakened and stated to not have his OG power which Merc said was less than Selene’s flex. Why would we take Aldo’s “slightly weaker” statement over Merc’s when Merc is being an unbiased third party and doesn’t have the same cockiness of Aldo. Never fully awakening = he was not necessarily High 6-A, Aldosmol only shows up after Wolfen was beaten and his statement about being weakened is after Metro dies. Being slight weaker doesn’t necessarily mean that he is comparing Awake Aldoron to his current self.

Merc says Human Selene > 50% Merc and Weakened Aldoron, Aldosmol’s statement is vague and can easily refer to the drop he suffered from Metro dying. There isn’t anything to say he is High 6-A.

This just sounds like an attempt to push the scaling above Weakened Aldoron through any means necessary. Aldoron was only somewhat weakened, that's actually more trustworthy because he knows his own magic power and how the God Seeds work.

Why tho? He is weakened and stated to not have his OG power which Merc said was less than Selene’s flex. Why would we take Aldo’s “slightly weaker” statement over Merc’s when Merc is being an unbiased third party and doesn’t have the same cockiness of Aldo. Never fully awakening = he was not necessarily High 6-A, Aldosmol only shows up after Wolfen was beaten and his statement about being weakened is after Metro dies. Being slight weaker doesn’t necessarily mean that he is comparing Awake Aldoron to his current self.

Merc says Human Selene > 50% Merc and Weakened Aldoron, Aldosmol’s statement is vague and can easily refer to the drop he suffered from Metro dying. There isn’t anything to say he is High 6-A.
Dragon Force Natsu is explicitly said to have a Magic Power comparable to Igneel, who fought Acnologia toe to toe

Merc doesn't say that Selene's current power is above them, all he said is that she has the true power of a Dragon God, which we know is their Dragon Forms, I don't see how the Human Forms are the True Power of a Dragon God when the Human Forms fodder to Dragon Forms

This just sounds like an attempt to push the scaling above Weakened Aldoron through any means necessary. Aldoron was only somewhat weakened, that's actually more trustworthy because he knows his own magic power and how the God Seeds work.
Push? If by that you mean “reconcile everything we were told and not dismissing statements out of hand” then yes, I am “pushing” for this. What you are doing is the akin to people calling stuff outliers and not even trying to make everything work.

For yours to work, you are assuming that Aldo was talking about his actual full power when he is awake, and also dismissing Merc’s statement of the general power of DGs, contradicting one of the most reputable sources in the verse. Mine only requires us to look at context of the Aldoron situation where nothing concrete is actually stated about what he is referring to. You are using an ambiguous statement to say with certainty that X is true when X directly goes against Y, which is actually certain.

Points 1 & 3 are fine but Point 2 I gotta disagree with hard.

Saying Merc was basing it off the storm is just weird way of trying to write off his statement considering he legit compares the DGs later on.

As for other part of Merc's statement...like their is no other way of taking it. Its clear what it's trying to say. Human Selene > Weakened DGs

Dragon Force Natsu is explicitly said to have a Magic Power comparable to Igneel, who fought Acnologia toe to toe
No, that Natsu is stated to have flames with the properties of Igneel’s. If you want to say that he has magic power comparable to Igneel, that same statement would also say he has magic power comparable to Atlas Flame.
Merc doesn't say that Selene's current power is above them, all he said is that she has the true power of a Dragon God, which we know is their Dragon Forms, I don't see how the Human Forms are the True Power of a Dragon God when the Human Forms fodder to Dragon Forms
He directly compares the power she is showing off to both his and Aldoron’s weakened states and saying she is above them. Your Dragon form point is irrelevant as she doesn’t use it at all and is just using her Human form. It just places her Human Form > above their weakened Dragon Forms.

Alright I’m putting my foot down, after lunch I’m dropping a large comment that appeases both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back