• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Downgrading a Handful of High 6-A Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
I legitimately believe this is my very first CRT that's a downgrade. Can't believe it took this long. Anyways, Human Form Acnologia, Human Form Dragon Gods, and Suzaku are all currently High 6-A. However, I believe the scaling for this is very flawed for multiple reasons.
  1. One major reason for this scaling is that Suzaku scales above a somewhat weakened God Seed Aldoron for one-shotting Base Natsu when that Aldoron couldn't. This, however, has multiple flaws. For starters, not even Full Power Aldoron could one-shot Base Natsu, so this logic would require Suzaku to scale above Full Power Aldoron, which is completely contradicted by Dragon Form Selene's utter superiority to Suzaku. Keep in mind that the Dragon Gods are stated to be equal to each other, which is why this is inconsistent. In addition, Aldoron was likely toying with Natsu. This is very in-character due to him viewing humans as mere food, not being worth taking seriously. In fact, he was surprised when Base Natsu managed to tag him (which happened due to Gajeel attacking Dragon Form Aldoron), further proving this. Based on the context, Aldoron seemed to be toying with him up until he used Forest of Swords, whereas Suzaku went straight for the "kill," meaning he was serious from the start.
  2. Another proponent for this High 6-A scaling comes from Mercphobia seeing the storm caused in Earthland by Human Form Selene getting serious and referring to it as "the true power of a Dragon God." However, this in itself is very flawed for two reasons. For starters, he is basing this off of the resulting storm rather than an actual gauge of magic power, making it far less reliable. Second, it's inconsistent with Selene's own showings of her Dragon Form being far superior to her Human Form. Given this immense gap, it's inconsistent for her human form to be regarded as a Dragon God's true power, as in their full power, and it is far more likely referring to the general fact that Selene didn't have her power hindered in any way like Mercphobia and Aldoron did.
  3. The last major proponent of this High 6-A scaling is Acnologia scaling above Dragon Cry for killing the dragons that fuel it. However, this logic is very faulty due to the fact that killing each dragon individually wouldn’t scale him to the total combined power that went into Dragon Cry. He just needed to be strong enough to kill these dragons individually.
With all this, I think that the aforementioned characters should no longer be scaled to High 6-A. Instead, I propose that they be scaled to “At least Low 6-B”, scaling above Zeref as they did in the past.

Thoughts?

A: always disagreed with suzaku scaling above weakend aldoron by those and other reasons

B: you still need more evidence to convince me that human selene is less than 1% of dragon selene because it would need to be gap like that for them to drop bellow
multi-conti

Could you list out the affected characters and what key, for sake of easy viewing. Seems pretty solid from my memory, but I wanna see counter arguments too.

Sad, but true, this CRT needed to be done

The flawed logic of the Human Forms of the Dragon Gods scaling near there Dragon Forms and above Weakened Aldoron makes sense

TBH, I had a serious doubts about the Suzaku scaling thing, Suzaku's speed made Base Natsu defenseless, and he went for a sure fire "kill", Aldoron was toying around with Base Natsu until he used "Forrest of Swords", which absolutely dominated Base Natsu

So I agree with the downgrade, sorry Suzaku Fans

Damn, and I actually had interest in Suzaku too

I agree with the downgrade

Could you list out the affected characters and what key, for sake of easy viewing. Seems pretty solid from my memory, but I wanna see counter arguments too.
Suzaku, Human Form Mercphobia, Human Form Selene, Human Form Ignia, and Human Form Acnologia

I agree with points 1 and 3 but I think point 2 is enough for the scaling. Merc’s statement is for Selene in another dimension being able to affect the planet with feats comparable/superior to his 50% power. Don’t see why we can’t take the statement for one of the gods about another one.

Definitely agree with points 1 and 3 (point 3 always stood out as weird to me), but not totally sure about point 2.

I agree with points 1 and 3 but I think point 2 is enough for the scaling. Merc’s statement is for Selene in another dimension being able to affect the planet with feats comparable/superior to his 50% power. Don’t see why we can’t take the statement for one of the gods about another one.
How would Human Form Selene getting serious really be the full power of a Dragon God when her Dragon Form is so vastly superior?

How would Human Form Selene getting serious really be the full power of a Dragon God when her Dragon Form is so vastly superior?
Just like Dogramug’s corpse still having the power of a true dragon god. That guy is weaker but he is still on that level. Merc even compares Selene’s power in that scene to his 50% and weakened Aldoron, saying she is stronger.

At most, you can downgrade Human Selene to one of Aldo’s numerous country feats but when he is comparing this show of power to the previous two gods and still saying she is superior, it makes no sense to downgrade her and thus the rest ……. actually, Human Acno should be fine to downgrade as we know that Dragonification makes you far stronger than stuff like Dragon Force as seen with Nebaru.

That’s actually false, he never outright says she’s superior. All he says is that unlike himself and Aldoron, her power wasn’t handicapped like theirs were.

That line is essentially more along the lines of “this is what happens when a Dragon God’s power isn’t handicapped”

Okay? That still puts her > them. He and the glasses girl are talking about power in that scene and he says that this is the kinda shit that happens when Dragon Gods aren’t weakened. Human Selene is doing this by flexing her magic power.

That’s a jump in logic actually, as that doesn’t exactly imply she’s superior, just that her power wasn’t restricted like theirs was.

And again, it’s inconsistent overall. Dorgamug was considered a Dragon God but we don’t know how strong he was because Selene’s statement of the Dragon Gods being equal came after his death, so he’s not a good example to use.

I somewhat agree with this, however I have a different scaling proposal.

August didn't think anyone could stand up to even human form Acnologia at the time. Given he has Ars Magia at his disposal Human Acno and the human Dragon Gods should simply scale to that instead.

This would make them 14.4 Petatons, still high 6-A just significantly lower
It’s because he has a resistant to Magic. That’s pretty much reasons why it’s already hard for others to even take him on

Ars-Magia also negates durability via blood vaporization so I’m not sure how reliable that is for scaling.

That’s a jump in logic actually, as that doesn’t exactly imply she’s superior, just that her power wasn’t restricted like theirs was.

And again, it’s inconsistent overall. Dorgamug was considered a Dragon God but we don’t know how strong he was because Selene’s statement of the Dragon Gods being equal came after his death, so he’s not a good example to use.
How is it a leap in logic? They still had a load of power and flexing it couldn’t do what she could. Ergo, she is stronger. How do you read this and somehow come to the conclusion that he isn’t talking about Selene’s power?

Weren’t there some 6-B and 6-B+ calcs performed by Aldoron and Giant Gajeel? So wouldn’t the Dragon Gods be somewhere around 6-B if they no longer scale to High 6-A?

Edit: Oh wait this is talking about human form not dragon form. My bad.

Weren’t there some 6-B and 6-B+ calcs performed by Aldoron and Giant Gajeel? So wouldn’t the Dragon Gods be somewhere around 6-B if they no longer scale to High 6-A?
The dragon gods are still high 6-A, only their dragon forms are getting downgraded

Could human Ac be scaled above giant Gajeel? At least from a normie viewpoint it feels weird that giant girl could just have gianted Gajeel to beat human Ac.

Could human Ac be scaled above giant Gajeel? At least from a normie viewpoint it feels weird that giant girl could just have gianted Gajeel to beat human Ac.
Well Giant Gajeel did as well as he did because Natsu was fighting the Brain, they were both nerfed in a sense, but this does bring up a valid point
I somewhat agree with this, however I have a different scaling proposal.

August didn't think anyone could stand up to even human form Acnologia at the time. Given he has Ars Magia at his disposal Human Acno and the human Dragon Gods should simply scale to that instead.

This would make them 14.4 Petatons, still high 6-A just significantly lower
I can sorta agree to this, it doesn't make much sense for August to have anything above any Acnologia
Just like Dogramug’s corpse still having the power of a true dragon god. That guy is weaker but he is still on that level. Merc even compares Selene’s power in that scene to his 50% and weakened Aldoron, saying she is stronger.

At most, you can downgrade Human Selene to one of Aldo’s numerous country feats but when he is comparing this show of power to the previous two gods and still saying she is superior, it makes no sense to downgrade her and thus the rest ……. actually, Human Acno should be fine to downgrade as we know that Dragonification makes you far stronger than stuff like Dragon Force as seen with Nebaru.
This is also a valid point

I honestly think a good solution would be to make the Human Forms and Dark Dragon Knights

"At least Low 6-B, possibly High 6-A" (At least 1.72 Teratons, possibly 14.4 Petatons to 241.2 Petatons)

Last edited:
I like Mitch's proposal, especially because it makes no sense for Ars Magia to be above Human Acnologia.

But what's with the "up to 241.2 petatons"? Shouldn't human Acnologia just be > 14.4 petatons? The 241.2 stuff is for the Dragon Cry, which we're agreeing isn't scaleable for human Acni.

There’s nothing to suggest scaling above Ars-Magia when in reality its main effect toward humans is durability negation. It’s unreliable for scaling

There’s nothing to suggest scaling above Ars-Magia when in reality its main effect toward humans is durability negation. It’s unreliable for scaling
It's still power based and It just doesn't make much sense for Acnologia to be below Ars Magia in any form considering how August handles Human Form Acnologia

Another thing to note is that Human Form Acnologia may be stronger than Igneel's Power+FDKM Natsu since that form of Natsu couldn't solidly put Base Zeref down, while August, Irene, and Zeref were confident after only encountering Human Form Acnologia that Base Zeref stood zero chance without Fairy Heart

So we could potentially upscale them above the Low 6-B+ rating to 6-B and have them be "At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A"

Them being High 6-A in any capacity is a no from me. I have too many issues with that

I still think they should scale right above Ars Magia, but if the majority opinion is that they are 6-B up to Ars Magia level then I'll agree with that

Another thing to note is that Human Form Acnologia may be stronger than Igneel's Power+FDKM Natsu since that form of Natsu couldn't solidly put Base Zeref down, while August, Irene, and Zeref were confident after only encountering Human Form Acnologia that Base Zeref stood zero chance without Fairy Heart

So we could potentially upscale them above the Low 6-B+ rating to 6-B and have them be "At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A"
I could see an "At least 6-B, likely far higher" based on that.

I still think if giant Gajeel is High 6-A, then human Ac should upscale that, else what was stopping giant girl from gianting Zeref to smack Ac around.

I could see an "At least 6-B, likely far higher" based on that.

I still think if giant Gajeel is High 6-A, then human Ac should upscale that, else what was stopping giant girl from gianting Zeref to smack Ac around.
Well the narratively speaking answer is that Mashima probably didn't think of that but in-universe, it may have been determined that not even that would be enough. Given Zeref's intelligence, he likely would've thought of the possibility. It's also possible that Zeref didn't care what happened to the current world by Acnologia simply because he was planning to erase the present world to begin with.

I think human Ac upscaling giant Gajeel should be considered as at least a possibility. Granted I'm speaking heavily as a normie here, but it feels really weird that giant Gajeel could just waffle stomp one shot human Ac without breaking a sweat. Ik that's disbelief, so I'll leave the rest to the knowledgeable members.

I'd love to scale human Acno to Giant Gajeel, but at the same time Gigajeel matched a weakened Aldoron, so having Human Acno be comparable to 40% of Aldoron (give or take a bit) is just weird.

I'm ok with upscaling the Human Forms above Igneel's Power+FDKM Natsu and therefore be 6-B, but I'll admit that's only based on how hype August and Irene treat him and imply Base Zeref stands no chance, while Igneel's Power+FDKM couldn't even knock Base Zeref down fully

Acno should scale above Ars Magia since nothing says that any of them actually know that Acno resists magic. The dura neg aspect just supports Acno scaling even more tbh since August doesn’t even think vaporising Acno’s blood will stop him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back