• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siegfried10 said:
I mean, Erza's feat is clearly an outlier but the fact that everyone even gets PS from her...
see the OBD, Multy-Continental and Relativistic to City/island and Hypersonic to Massive Hyperosnic v:

mhe, NakamaPower/Plot Armore

I think it's a outlier aswell but ┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬» Erza literally states a chapter earlier if it hit her she'd die, then friendship speech and oneshots the meteor in her usual equip in a heavily weakened state... (which was from a casual hit from Irene that broke her bones, no less..) goodluck convincing people.

Once again we decided the feat was not an outlier from Invel's feat. We had this discussion before including on the upgrade thread itself. Seriously, the moment Fairy Tail gets a revision it becomes a huge issue.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Once again we decided the feat was not an outlier from Invel's feat. We had this discussion before including on the upgrade thread itself. Seriously, the moment Fairy Tail gets a revision it becomes a huge issue.
Invels feat is completely irrelevant in deciding whether this is a outlier, the context of Erza's feat is absurd. See my post above, i'm interested in hearing a actual answer to it.

This also does not need to be highlighted as it has been discussed multiple times why this is not an outlier...

Why is Invel feat negating the fact that it is an outlier? Erza said it would kill her, then she destroys it the next chapter cause wew nakama power. So can you stop bringing "oh it's because of Invel" and actually discuss what's we're talking about?

From the blog itself.

"Well, the armor she used is actually one of her strongest (Killing Azuma, who was beating her; defeating Ikagura, who cutted all of her armors; and killing Kyoka, who's etherious form should be stronger than Seilah's, who oneshotted Sitri Mirajane)"

"Yes, Clear Heart Armor is one of her strongest "armors". It abandons all defense in favor of maximizing her attack power."

Well, let's tackle this issue with the calc shall we? After reading chapters 518 and 519..

• 1. The meteor had already approached the Earth's atmosphere when Erza looked up.
  • 2. The meteor reaches a certain point in altitude before Erza actually noticed said meteor.
  • 3. Erza actually reaches a significant altitude by the time she approaches the meteor,
Using the mid-end for the timeframe, which is 30 seconds, we got the speed of Mach 20193.56 for the meteor. That is about ~6872km/s, which is rather staggering.

I do not see any evidence that the meteor slowed down to standard ablation speeds in the panels, considering that this meteor was moving WAY higher than the standard meteor speeds. An object moving at that speed would literally cut through the atmosphere like butter, disregarding friction altogether (similar to how bullets don't slow down significantly travelling through air)

Now then.

Contents
[show]==1. Meteor size==

Credit to AidenBrooks from original calc.

• Width = 20.882m
  • Mass = 21584324.7kg
2. Finding the altitude of the meteor
The meteor was at a certain altitude when Erza started to fly up.

• Meteor width = 25.46px = 20.882m
  • Meteor altitude = 456.83px = 374.69m
3. Erza collides with meteor
I guess there's this picture. The middle of the cloud split is the point where the collision between Erza and the meteor occured.

But first, I am going to find the height of the dragon shown in the picture above.

• Erza height = 40px = 1.75m
  • Dragon height = 735px = 32.156m (This is the actual height of the dragon, just around the eye level).
Now, to find the altitude where the collision occured, we can use the picture shown below.

• Dragon height = 155px = 32.156m
  • Collision altitude = 355px = 73.65m
4. Speed of Erza

• Distance Erza travelled upon collison = 73.65m
  • Distance meteor travelled upon collision = (374.69 - 73.65) = 301.04m
  • Speed of meteor = 6871868.5m/s
  • Timeframe of meteor = Distance/Velocity = (301.04m)/(6,871,868.5m/s) = 4.38e-5 seconds
  • Speed of Erza = Distance/Time = (73.65m)/(4.38e-5 seconds) = 1,681,507m/s. Mach 4941.57
Erza's speed = Mach 4941.57. Multiply this result by 3 if using 10-second timeframe.

Scales to Natsu's lightning dodging feat of Mach 1300+. Hardly an outlier in this case.

Originally we were using "At least Island level" until Lina brought up the fact that FT Earth is larger than ours. Our reasons are on the Revision thread itself.

"Strongest armor", you mean the armor she had for the WHOLE series? We know the reasonings, and the reasonings are what we find faulty. Can you actually discuss with us rather than link past threads/blogs?

Why can't an armor she had throughout the entire series be one of her strongest? She's had Purgatory Armor and Adamantine for longer periods of time.

The only problem you've brought up is that Erza said she'd die if she got hit by it. This is not the first time something like this has happened. Just like how she would die if she got hit by the Jupiter cannon. In which she blocked. I guess the entire Irene fight is an outlier seeing as she later beat Irene. By doing the exact same things she has been doing since the series began.

Erza was getting casually beat by Ikaruga. Brought out Clear Heart and won. Just like that.

Was getting destroyed by Azuma. Brought out Clear Heart and won.

We clearly only allowed Erza to scale to High 6-C with her strongest Armors. Clear Heart Clothing has shown time and time again that it pushes her power above her limits. Characters do this crap all the time.

Do I agree that some ratings are higher than they should be? Yes. Can I see why people think Erza's feat destroying the meteor is an outlier? Yes. Would "Likely higher" be safer? Yes. Do the others agree? We will see once Aiden gets here since he was the main one taking care of the revisions.

@Cin Hey the 1 min makes a difference XD. But in all honesty Clear Heart Clothing has shown to be her "Limit Break" armor in a way.

It's her strongest armor, but she's had it the entire series, it's not like it's a new form or powerup, Erza was down for the count with broken bones,from Irene's casual hit in her base form, then she puts on a armor that reduces her durability even further, to nothing according to Erza, and tanks/destroys Irenes strongest attack, the meteor, no problem. Seemingly none the worse off. Because it's Erza.

Erza's feats have always been immensely ridiculous...

IDC about her fight with Ikaruga, as it could have been Erza being more skilled with the blade, but:

In the case of Azuma: Erza is caught in his explosion, but because "her friends are depending on her", she powers through unscathed and kills Azuma in one blow.

In the case of Kyoka: Do I even need to say it? All 5 senses are dead, but it doesn't matter since she is "Erza"

In the case of Irene: Erza is clearly overwhelmed to the point in which a mere physical strike from Irene cripples her. Dues Sema comes down, and Erza destroys it unscathed.

Something is clearly wrong with the feats involving Erza. She wins her fights when she should CLEARLY lose.

If I recall correctly, yeah. Ikaruga was definitely outmatched in skill and likely raw AP

You can spin that one in Erza's favor...somehow...

Lol wut? That's bulls*** if I've ever heard of it. C'mon FT's mangaka. Do better.

No comment. I ain't tryin to start a war.

This has been nothing new for Erza. Question is do we count every single fight of hers an outlier? I don't think we should.

Is this Thread really about Levy or is it just a chance for any FT hater's to bring back things that was already decided?

@Dragon - Every single fight, no: but ones where she is fighting an Opponent of equal, or arguably superior power, yet she somehow tanks an attack from them without any damage due to "Friendship" and one-shots them, yes.

Opponents such as Minerva are legitiment victories in favor for Erza, while Azuma is COMPLETELY PIS.

LordAizenSama said:
Infact it should also be considered PIS, or EIS in this case..
Yes but at the same time even when we had comments saying PIS. We still decided to upgrade them in the end. With Ant's approval as he stated that we cannot be so restrictive on Fairy Tail when we have lets similar things pass from other series.

JBennett said:
Is this Thread really about Levy or is it just a chance for any FT hater's to bring back things that was already decided?
Can you bother to read the other comments before commenting something that lacks a shred of thought? We said past conversions does not matter and that our points are valids as we are questioning the reasons you guys used. Calling us FT haters is completely biased and a rude thing to say. You should not insult respected members like Aizen.

This is supposed to be about Levi, but like any thread it comes down to Erza's feats...again.... Heck no one has even posted what Erza should be downgraded to.

I am actually reading the other comments and while I admit its just my personal opinion so no one has to follow it, it still feells like it to me, of course I'm not saying their wrong in their points just that it seems obsolete to bring up things that are already decided.

Y'know I should rename this to Fairy Tail downgrades since that is what this has turned to...

Like I said it is best we wait until Aiden gets here as he was in charge of the Fairy Tail updates.

I suggest bringing Erza's feat into question, as her feats have been incredibly inconsistent on more than a few occasions throughout the course of the series.

I think pretty much what you guys want is

"Island level, higher with her strongest armors" Except "Island level, Large Island level with her strongest armors." correct?

I don't see why erza feat's should be taking as outlier when the verse has shown power level close to what erza has always been doing, also erza got way stronger than before the timeskip, she even got some new armor like the wind armor and wing blade armor.

also when erza said she will die if the meteor hit her, she wasn't using any defence armors.

erza without any of her strongest armors is just island level, and her strongest armors have some rules of their own, like clear heart armor, it has power but not defence. A large island attack like sema is gonna kill her without any defence.

also zoro from one piece has done a lot of the same stuff that erza has been doing and he doesn't get any hate for it because he is badass??

and don't bring up "friendship powerups" bullshit, fairy tail isn't not the only serie that uses this kinda stuff, a lot of other shows do and i don't like it.

Ikazi is kinda right on this, just because a character performed a feat against all odds doesn't instantly mean it's an outlier especially when there has been showings of feats on that level around. Otherwise discussions with other verses and characters have to be done. Just because it's Fairy Tail, which is shit let's be honest, doesn't mean everything about it has to be lowballed.

That said it's better to wait for Aiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back