• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
Hey guys. We should scale Gohan, Piccolo, and Krillin to Frieza for the same reasons! They supported Goku.
See what this leads to? If she just "backed him up," and provided no true damage, then she shouldn't scale at all.
I think all but one person agrees to their downgrade......Not really needed.....No offense but you are a few comments too late.

i agree with downgrading juvia and levy, but elfman and lisanna shouldn't be downgraded, that's just dumb, both of them worked together to defeat ajeel and no one can lie about that.

Rin Rokudo said:
Antvasima said:
I admittedly also find the scaling of Levy, Lisanna, and maybe Juvia suspicious.
Levy and Juvia are suspicious and should probably be rated as Unknown for now.

But I don't see a reason why Lisanna shouldn't be there. She and Elfman clearly defeated Ajeel. And if you say that Lisanna only supported him, that wouldn't be the case.

As I said earlier she reacted to Ajeel's attack and survived hits from him. Her Magic isn't support based at all. She has the exact same magic as her brother, focused on the offensive. And she said that "they barely managed through it", which means that Elfman couldn't defeat him alone.
Becouse thats plot. Mages like Kagura couldn't defeat a Spriggan (she couldn't even harm Larcade), and even Erza struggled against Ajeel and needed her strongest Armor. Do you really find ok that those two that were always Low Tier suddenly have the power to beat a Spriggan?. Basically, do you find reasonable Lisanna beating Hades o mard Geer?

No, it isn't. Those two defeating Ajeel is a clear outlier, or Ajeel was still weakened for his fight with Erza.

If you people really find Ok to give Island level stats for people like Lisanna or Levy just give Island level to everyone, becouse no one in Tartaros o Grimoire is weaker than them.

Soldier Blue said:
Wasn't he still recuperating from injuries? I honestly find it hard to believe that Elfman and Lisanna could take on a fully healthy Spriggan even two on one when stronger characters struggled.
I believe he did recuperate from them, but if that's the case, perhaps a downgrade to 7-A would be better?

Hey guys. We should scale Gohan, Piccolo, and Krillin to Frieza for the same reasons! They supported Goku.
Except Gohan is scaled to a certain form of Frieza because he did some damage to him.

If Lisanna and Elfman can tank hits from Ajeel, I see no reason why they shoulnd't be at least close to him.

No as we don't generally give the character the rating of "Unknown" unless they literally are described, stated, and ect of being "Unknown."

Juvia is as strong as Elfman. Lisanna and Levy are weaker than those two. Strongest Fairy Tail guild members other than the main powerhouses would be:

Dragon Force Wendy

Freed

Base Wendy, Elfman, Juvia, Cana (without Fairy Glitter)

Lisanna, Levy

Am I forgetting someone?

The real cal howard said:
Kid Gohan is 5-B at best. 2nd form Frieza is Low 4-C. The former does not scale to the latter.
Except he goes to Low 4-C when enraged. Are we reading the same profile?

Starkiller215 said:
@Rin Using his Super Saiyan 2 form. Please don't bother at this point as Cal was using it as a example of powerscaling.
I'm not sure I understand where the Super Saiyan 2 is coming from. I'm talking about Namek Gohan but w/e I'll leave this.

In any case, any more possible objections (In this content, it means opposition) to the downgrade for certain characters proposed by Soldier Blue?

Here are my propositions for Elfman, Lisanna and Juvia.

Elfman and Lisanna High 7-A -> 7-A (Together managed to defeat a somewhat injured Ajeel) with Lisanna being a lower 7-A than him.

Juvia -> Likely 6-C -> 7-A (Should be as strong as Elfman)

Freed, Base Cana: High 7-A -> 7-A they should be comparable to Elfman and the others.

Base Wendy stays where she is because she fought Dimaria.

Levy - > I got nothing.

Did Levy got involved in the fighting? I meant she should have participated during the battle as well. Anyway I think it will be between High 7-A and 7-A.

Edit: @Rin I think Wendy was using her Dragon Force form so no on that one.

Elfman and Juvia are much stronger than Lisanna. In fact Juvia and Elfman should stay on high 7-A whole Lisanna and Levy on 7-A has more sense...

WilliamShadow said:
Elfman and Juvia are much stronger than Lisanna. In fact Juvia and Elfman should stay on high 7-A whole Lisanna and Levy on 7-A has more sense...
I know Lisanna is weaker than him, but if Elfman stays on High 7-A, then Juvia, Freed and Base Cana should stay there as well. I would be fine with Lisanna being 7-A.

As for Levy, I dunno, She doesn't have any showings but she should be around Lisanna's level so 7-A would probably be a safe bet for her as well.

Please just give 7-A to everyone xD. Mard Geer, Silver, Hades and a lot more are definetely not weaker than Lisanna xD

@Rin Are you really sure it was Base Form Wendy? I petty sure during the fight involved Wendy using her Dragon Force so yeah I am doubtful on that.

@sieg we won't scail Mard geer and similar because of the time skip.

Base Wendy is just like Elfman more or less it's her DF that gives her island status.

Siegfried10 said:
Please just give 7-A to everyone xD. Mard Geer, Silver, Hades and a lot more are definetely not weaker than Lisanna xD
mhe, casual Island to everyone in FT, including Randoms, Filled's, Non-Canon/Spin-Off, etc, to start in the conception of FT sounds better

WilliamShadow said:
@sieg we won't scail Mard geer and similar because of the time skip.
Base Wendy is just like Elfman more or less it's her DF that gives her island status.
Basically you are saying that Lisanna > Silver, Hades, Mard (to name a few)? I'm supposed to laugh or what?

I'm so lost what's going on? I thought that scaling to characters b4 the time skip was frowned (backwards scaling I believe it's called?)

This thread is turning completely unmanageable in terms of the sheer amount of replies in quick succession after another. As such, I am going to close it, and start a staff only thread instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back