• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail - 7-A/High 7-A Tier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, as discussed in this thread, 7-A and High 7-A characters have no justification to be at that tier. They're scaling above characters who applied a 51 Megaton feat (and a 63MT feat), which is 7-B, City level.

As such, it has been agreed that all 7-A characters be listed as "At least 7-B" while all High 7-A characters be listed as "Possibly 7-A", as there are no feats that are being used to scale any of these characters to their current tiers. Being "much stronger" is absolutely no justification.

People are arguing feats that are 7-A or High 7-A (For Natsu), but they are NOT on any of the profiles, and thus do not support the tiers. If this is a mistake and needs to be brought up, the profiles need to have such calculations applied.

Thoughts?

I moved this to the staff forum, so the thread does not go out of control, but Cameron is allowed to continue to comment.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/652815#151

It was linked to Natsu for his High 7-A tier as Fire Dragon King Mode.... Which was out of nowhere upgraded to High 6-C, despite the fact that the only way Natsu harmed Zeref was: Igneel's remains (and then added FDK) and then FDKM+Dragonforce. But his FDK (Made by himself) only has that feat and one shotting Jacob

The 51 Megaton feat is for the Celestial Spirit King and the 63 Megaton one is for Brandish, correct? Okay then.

Now I have a couple of questions:

1. Doesn't Natsu have some 7-A feats? I recall one where he vaprozied a large chunk of Earth with a Fire Dragon King Roar (it was while fighting against the Alvarez fodder before fighting Zeref). And then there is his lake boiling feat (which yielded 200+ Megatons).

^ I was under the impression that this is where 7-A Spriggans came from.

2. Where does the High 7-A feat come from? I recall seeing some calc for a Spriggan in the 1.2 Gigaton range. I can't seem to find it.

1. The chunk of rock was base Natsu and it was just Low 7-B

2. Brandish, but the calc was redone to be 7-B+

So, all 7-A would be "At least 7-B+"

All High 7-A, "At least 7-A+"

And the current 7-B+ (Cana, Wendy, Lisanna, Elfman, Base Mira etc) be Likely 7-B

And the Low 7-B... Maybe just add a Likely?

Soldier Blue said:
^ Yes. This was the one.

I still don't understand why High 7-A though, if the result is higher end of plain 7-A.
Because it was rather casual and just his transformation was vaping it

AidenBrooks999 said:
1. The chunk of rock was base Natsu and it was just Low 7-B

2. Brandish, but the calc was redone to be 7-B+
1. Yeah, I found the blog. I was disappointed.

2. I know of her 60+ Megaton calc. I think there was a High 7-A feat from Jellal.

Natsu vaping the lake was just a casual aura of transformation, bumping to the next tier makes sense considering it was high end.

Didn't Jellal have a feat against Acno?

Soldier Blue said:
AidenBrooks999 said:
2. It was rejected. And it was for Tartarus Arc Jellal, so rather outlierish
No. I'm talking about when he fought <a href="https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Neinhart" title="Neinhart">Neinhart</a>.
I just remember someone assuming jellal opened the atmosphere, when the stars we saw where simply part of his magic

AidenBrooks999 said:
And the Low 7-B... Maybe just add a Likely?
Want to clarify, not all Low 7-B.

Because several have calcs for them. I mean for the ones that scale from the Alvarez Soldiers (Max, Milianna, Mest)

I only remember a 239MT and 600+MT version of the Natsu vaping Lake calc. Either way, that's not high-end and shouldn't justify a High 7-A upgrade for the reason of it being "casual". And wasn't the calc eventually rejected over something? Just heard some things.

What about Levy and Lissana? lets be honest how in the world can those 2 be City+ when we NEVER seen them actually pull off that feat

The weaker members are comparable to each other, elf and lis went fought ajeel together. That's why city level plus. Also are historia spriggan still 7-A? If not Minerva and rogue should be downgraded.

Dragon Ariia said:
The weaker members are comparable to each other, elf and lis went fought ajeel together. That's why city level plus. Also are historia spriggan still 7-A? If not Minerva and rogue should be downgraded.
But thats like saying Lisanna can beat KCM Naruto (yes I know they r from different series but they have the same Tier) and not only that we have NOT see Levy do anything that makes her City+

EDIT: we need more evidence on these characters tbh

I'm not gunna defend that character, and don't use another characters strength of a dif series to try to make sense of why a char isn't or is this strong. It doesn't work, it's like saying kaguya can't be 5-B cause raddits is 5-B

Dragon Ariia said:
I'm not gunna defend that character, and don't use another characters strength of a dif series to try to make sense of why a char isn't or is this strong. It doesn't work, it's like saying kaguya can't be 5-B cause raddits is 5-B
But the thing is can Kaguya beat Raddits? (see what I'm saying) and I shouldnt have done that and I'm sorry *bows head* but u do understand what I mean right? We just need more evidence for most of these charcters. As much as i dont see it (even though its true) i can understand Lisanna, but Levy and others we need more proof

Lis doesn't need evidence she fought a spriggan but idk about levy, can she even fight? I don't recall seeing levy fight someone. ( I know this is a staff thread but not many are here )

Elfman and Lisanna defeated Ajeel and your comparison doesn't make a lick of sense. Also please don't derail with Naruto or other similar stuff. Also staff only please.

ScarletFirefly said:
Elfman and Lisanna defeated Ajeel and your comparison doesn't make a lick of sense. Also please don't derail with Naruto or other similar stuff. Also staff only please.
yes yes I'm sorry plz find forgivness in me *bows head*

Alright well now since I've woken up I'll cast my opinion on this.

1: The Natsu Lake feat is incredibly inconsistent, I've seen Dont Talk calc the feat from low 7-B to 7-A and there was another calc of the same feat which was High 7-A but this was rejected due to Don't Talk correcting it in the comments. I think someone should do a re calc of the feat again and try to find the most accurate end.

2: aside from that I do agree with the scaling that Aiden has to offer. High 7-A is just a no go.

Aiden posted a link to a calc he did that resulted in Mountain level+, but I think it should be put in a blog.

If it's good, I'm fine with High 7-A Natsu, since it was as a result of him merely transforming.

Well by reading the thread he posted it doesn't seem like it was accepted as multiple people, including Don't Talk himself seemed to have issue's with that calc.

Well, DT's was also 7-A, so in the end is either "At least 7-A" or "At least 7-A+" (ThoughI don't remember the exact end of DT's version)

Also, the Fire Dragon King Roar, which resulted in Low 7-B should be recalced.

Millenium Forums got around 100 megatons for this feat using vaporization, and the OBD(which is well known for it's bias against FT) got Low 7-B using PULVERISATION.

And VsBattles somehow got Low 7-B using vaporization, which just makes no sense :/

I still don't see a reason to place Natsu at High 7-A when there's no feat even close to that. IIRC the highest is 600+MT and I seriously doubt that was the accepted value once all the edits went through (even so, that's irrelevant now. The calc needs to be re-evaluated or re-done). It being "a result from him just transforming" isn't justifiable for suddenly bumping him into the next tier, especially since it happened during one of his attacks.

He'd just be "Mountain+" assuming the 600MT feat is actually what we're going with. That not even close to Large Mountain level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back