• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

This?

IMG-20220824-182809.jpg
Yea thats the one

Anyways I see nothing wrong with the statement

She was one of the strongest in the original series for sure

....I'd probably rank her in the top 10 by EOS tbh

Hmm...my original series top 10 would probably be

I'd probably rank her at number 9. Just somewhat above X792 Gildarts but still somewhat weaker than August who I would put at Number 8 at the time

The other 7 spots would be taken up by ( Acnologia, Igneel, Zeref, Natsu, Eclipse CSK, Phoenix, Mavis if she actually used FH )

Those last 7 aren't in order btw

if we are going by top ten taking into account the power scale for even In OS and disregrding FT guild, I guess my pick would be something like this:
  1. Ignia
  2. Selene
  3. Merc
  4. Aldoron
  5. Vierrene
  6. Dog Dude
  7. Zeref
  8. Igneel
  9. Elf dude
  10. August

if we are going by top ten taking into account the power scale for even In OS and disregrding FT guild, I guess my pick would be something like this:
  1. Ignia
  2. Selene
  3. Merc
  4. Aldoron
  5. Vierrene
  6. Dog Dude
  7. Zeref
  8. Igneel
  9. Elf dude
  10. August

Please tell me when you say Zeref>Rusty Igneel you meant Fairy Heart and not Base 😭

Please tell me when you say Zeref>Rusty Igneel you meant Fairy Heart and not Base 😭
Considering that a nerfed Zeref could damage even Aldoron who still has 5 seeds, I would say that even Igneel then would be below Zeref, even his magic could affect Igneel’s scales.

Considering that a nerfed Zeref could damage even Aldoron who still has 5 seeds, I would say that even Igneel then would be below Zeref, even his magic could affect Igneel’s scales.

Zeref was damaging him via hax not AP though lmao

Like a legit fraction of a fraction of Igneel power let Natsu slam Base Zeref

Zeref was damaging him via hax not AP though lmao

Like a legit fraction of a fraction of Igneel power let Natsu slam Base Zeref
It is physical damage though, not simple Death magic, Igneel’s power for Natsu is hax to presumably nullify his immortality which Zeref wants.

considering that Zeref Seed killed himself instantly as soon as he started letting out the curse to destroy Aldo would imply that not a lot of time would pass to kill Aldo.
No, the Zeref seed didn't kill itself, it vanished itself to prevent the curse from spreading any further.

I think Zeref's power would kill Aldoron over time, not instantly.
Only reason Aldoron would've died over time is because how big he was, not because his scales are resistant to Zeref's magic (we actually saw the opposite). Zeref's death hax would affected Igneel even worse since Igneel's such a small target compared to Aldo, and would probably get one shot. I still think Igneel would beat Zeref though considering that his fire easily burns his magic, the only problem is he wouldn't have a way to kill him (unless it's half dead Igneel, then he easily wins).

No, the Zeref seed didn't kill itself, it vanished itself to prevent the curse from spreading any further.
Wolfen said that he erased himself, I doubt that is the same thing as vanish as he was never seen again, considering that there were more of him prior to that.

Only reason Aldoron would've died over time is because how big he was, not because his scales are resistant to Zeref's magic (we actually saw the opposite). Zeref's death hax would affected Igneel even worse since Igneel's such a small target compared to Aldo, and would probably get one shot. I still think Igneel would beat Zeref though considering that his fire easily burns his magic, the only problem is he wouldn't have a way to kill him (unless it's half dead Igneel, then he easily wins).
I doubt that half dead would be able to kill Zeref, only implied that Igneel‘s flames when dead could do it. Interesting note, we even see Zeref’s magic affected Igneel’s scales.

I doubt that half dead would be able to kill Zeref, only implied that Igneel‘s flames when dead could do it. Interesting note, we even see Zeref’s magic affected Igneel’s scales.
A tiny sliver of his magic was going to kill Zeref (or at least get him very close to death) had Happy not pulled Natsu away. Half dead Igneel was matching dragon Acnologia's blows and even ripped off his one of his arms without using any magic. His stats eclipse Zeref, the only thing he needs to kill Zeref is the power of the dead, which he only has in his half dead state.

A tiny sliver of his magic was going to kill Zeref (or at least get him very close to death) had Happy not pulled Natsu away. Half dead Igneel was matching dragon Acnologia's blows and even ripped off his one of his arms without using any magic. His stats eclipse Zeref, the only thing he needs to kill Zeref is the power of the dead, which he only has in his half dead state.
I wouldn’t trust what even Zeref had not seen before with something that is hax worthy, Igneel was stated to used the last of his strength to deal that damage to him, and he could only do that because he is a dragon and that was what can harm Acno. Half dead is not dead, you are either dead or not. If it is a matter of power, then Igneel would have killed Zeref a long time ago When he was already in that state.

I wouldn’t trust what even Zeref had not seen before with something that is hax worthy, Igneel was stated to used the last of his strength to deal that damage to him, and he could only do that because he is a dragon and that was what can harm Acno. Half dead is not dead, you are either dead or not. If it is a matter of power, then Igneel would have killed Zeref a long time ago When he was already in that state.
Zeref had studied his curse for 400 years so I would put his word above anyone else's. The fact that Igneel could even tank and match dragon Acnologia's blows in the first place show's he's far above anyone in the verse who isn't a dragon god tier character and this puts him way above Zeref. Igneel along with the other parent dragons were literally dead in Tartaros, we had a whole chapter at the end of the arc explaining that to us. Igneel didn't' kill Zeref way back when because of their plan to send the dragon slayers to the future to kill Acnologia (Igneel's plan) and to kill Zeref (Zeref's plan). He had 0 reason to have fought him.

Zeref had studied his curse for 400 years so I would put his word above anyone else's. The fact that Igneel could even tank and match dragon Acnologia's blows in the first place show's he's far above anyone in the verse who isn't a dragon god tier character and this puts him way above Zeref. Igneel along with the other parent dragons were literally dead in Tartaros, we had a whole chapter at the end of the arc explaining that to us. Igneel didn't' kill Zeref way back when because of their plan to send the dragon slayers to the future to kill Acnologia (Igneel's plan) and to kill Zeref (Zeref's plan). He had 0 reason to have fought him.
If he was certain that Igneel’s power was needed, he would have just done it when they met where he already lost to Acno the first time, even Natsu who thinks that a power he never used before and was a one time thing is less credible. They were being alive temporarily is not the same as being dead, it is like someone is sentenced to be executed, they are pretty much already dead, they still have life, like the apparent Dragons have but not for long. as they were about to die for real, not just in a state in between. They could have gone ahead with the plan without Zeref, find a seventh to replace Natsu.

Last edited:
If he was certain that Igneel’s power was needed, he would have just done it when they met where he already lost to Acno the first time, even Natsu who thinks that a power he never used before and was a one time thing is less credible. They were being alive temporarily is not the same as being dead, it is like someone is sentenced to be executed, they are pretty much already dead, they still have life, like the apparent Dragons have but not for long. as they were about to die for real, not just in a state in between. They could have gone ahead with the plan without Zeref, find a seventh to replace Natsu.
That was 400 years ago, he likely didn't know that the power of the dead worked back then, or you could argue that in case the Heartfilias couldn't open the door for some reason, Zeref would be the only other person who could. How does it being a one time power up for Natsu make it less credible?

Being sentenced to execution isn't the same because your soul isn't literally stripped from your body like it was for the dragons:
https:// m a n g a fairy-tail.com/manga/fairy-tail-chapter-415/

Zeref was crucial to their plan because he's the one who built the Eclipse gate, so they couldn't go one with a plan without him.

Zeref was 100% confident in chapter 465 that the power of the dead could kill him, the only thing he was uncertain of was if Natsu had enough strength to finish him off.

That was 400 years ago, he likely didn't know that the power of the dead worked back then, or you could argue that in case the Heartfilias couldn't open the door for some reason, Zeref would be the only other person who could. How does it being a one time power up for Natsu make it less credible?

Being sentenced to execution isn't the same because your soul isn't literally stripped from your body like it was for the dragons:
https:// m a n g a fairy-tail.com/manga/fairy-tail-chapter-415/

Zeref was crucial to their plan because he's the one who built the Eclipse gate, so they couldn't go one with a plan without him.

Zeref was 100% confident in chapter 465 that the power of the dead could kill him, the only thing he was uncertain of was if Natsu had enough strength to finish him off.
Like Natsu doesn’t even know anything about himself or Zeref to make a credible source for how Igneel’s dead magic to work on Zeref, even Zeref is unsure about whether it would work, saying maybe or perhaps. Well in GMG, Zeref was not needed to open the door. In the chapter they states that they still have their lives, which is not really the same as being dead, it is just temporary. Well they could build the gate, then have him die afterward To continue the plan. Again, he was not sure as he said “maybe” as in he has nothing to base it on being that it’s the first time seeing it. I mean, even Natsu’s Savage Flames which are able to counter Zeref’s FH magic which is leagues above Igneel’s power could not kill Zeref, so level of power can’t really work there.

Like Natsu doesn’t even know anything about himself or Zeref to make a credible source for how Igneel’s dead magic to work on Zeref, even Zeref is unsure about whether it would work, saying maybe or perhaps. Well in GMG, Zeref was not needed to open the door. In the chapter they states that they still have their lives, which is not really the same as being dead, it is just temporary. Well they could build the gate, then have him die afterward To continue the plan. Again, he was not sure as he said “maybe” as in he has nothing to base it on being that it’s the first time seeing it. I mean, even Natsu’s Savage Flames which are able to counter Zeref’s FH magic which is leagues above Igneel’s power could not kill Zeref, so level of power can’t really work there.
I'm not basing it on Natsu's thought process, im basing it on Zeref's. In chapter 465 he was completely confident that it would've worked so I don't see why we should deny it? Zeref wasn't needed to open the gates because they had celestial spirit mages.

My guy, the dragons straight up said they're dead. Sure it's a weird situation because they're not completely dead, but they still counted as it. I'd assume it's somewhat like Atlas Flame's situation in the Sun Village arc.

Natsu's savage flames didn't have the power of the dead so it never would've killed Zeref.

I'm not basing it on Natsu's thought process, im basing it on Zeref's. In chapter 465 he was completely confident that it would've worked so I don't see why we should deny it? Zeref wasn't needed to open the gates because they had celestial spirit mages.

My guy, the dragons straight up said they're dead. Sure it's a weird situation because they're not completely dead, but they still counted as it. I'd assume it's somewhat like Atlas Flame's situation in the Sun Village arc.

Natsu's savage flames didn't have the power of the dead so it never would've killed Zeref.
Even then, Zeref says it is only a maybe and only possibly which is in the area of doubt. They said that they are Only dead because they would die without a way of maintaining their lives. Would not count Atlas as he was a soul. Right as Savage flames have power and not hax.

guys, I have a suggestion, we should stop putting everyone at continental tier because it's bs(like elfman and lissana) and accept that Mashima like all other authur has fu*ked up power scaling, because I don't see elfman+lissana having enough magic power to activate etherion( as wahl can do it and ajeel=wahl)

guys, I have a suggestion, we should stop putting everyone at continental tier because it's bs(like elfman and lissana) and accept that Mashima like all other authur has fu*ked up power scaling, because I don't see elfman+lissana having enough magic power to activate etherion( as wahl can do it and ajeel=wahl)
Are you trolling or serious?

You're right, everyone should be universal scaling above the eclipse CSK 😈

If this isn't a troll, then it should be known Elfman and Lisanna aren't scaling to 1/2 of Etherion, they scale to 1/10 of Etherion, cause Ajeel backscales from Etherion

Last edited:
I never scale the Spriggans to Etherion, or anyone appart from Acno, Zeref, Natsu at his best, Phoenix and Dragon Gods.

Like I said before, it's a shame we use Etherion scaling and Selene's moon feat, otherwise we'd be able to use Ignia's 2-petaton feat and thus have a lot of 6-A fights between One Piece and Fairy Tail, as well as a bunch of 6-C/High 6-C fights.

Like I said before, it's a shame we use Etherion scaling and Selene's moon feat, otherwise we'd be able to use Ignia's 2-petaton feat and thus have a lot of 6-A fights between One Piece and Fairy Tail, as well as a bunch of 6-C/High 6-C fights.
This man really said it's a shame to have Fairy Tail's two best calcs

This man really said it's a shame to have Fairy Tail's two best calcs
1. You literally looked at the scaling status quo and fired a bazooka at it. I mean 5-A Fairy Tail rocks (and is so consistent that it's kinda funny) but still.

2. Dear LORD, what happened to your profile pic? It looks unnecessarily edgy, like Shadow the Hedgehog.

Latest info from Hiro about 100 Years Quest

He said that the publication of 100 Years Quest will be on hiatus once in the future. However, he has not told us when that will be. The reason for this is that one of Ueda's staff members was infected with Covid. Hiro also told us that the 100 Years Quest story will be starting a new arc soon. Before going into that arc, he plans to include a few fun chapters. Edens Zero's story has been gloomy for a while and he said it is hard for him to draw it. He likes to draw scenes where the characters are in swimsuits or taking baths, and he hopes to draw those soon and we may soon see such scenes in 100 Years Quest.

Back