• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

If you could find some proof I would appreciate it because I seriously can't remember a single time he actually copped a feel.
Idk if this is anime-only but during Phantom Lord when they were in the basement, Makarov told everyone to shut up and in the same bit spanked Lucy with a lanky arm

FAIRY%20TAIL%20-%2021%20-%20Large%2007.jpg

Hey, if all Spriggan's are High 6-A now and that when I saw Bisca's page saying High 6-A with Jupiter Cannon that severely hurt Ajeel. Should the Jupiter Cannon page also be updated along with Seliah's Ultra Concentrated Ether Light Sphere (which is 500 times stronger)?

Hey, if all Spriggan's are High 6-A now and that when I saw Bisca's page saying High 6-A with Jupiter Cannon that severely hurt Ajeel. Should the Jupiter Cannon page also be updated along with Seliah's Ultra Concentrated Ether Light Sphere (which is 500 times stronger)?
Dang, you right, I missed Jupiter

Am I the only one who finds Jerza bland? It's easily the weakest ship out of the big four (Nalu, Gale, Gruvia, Jerza) Like it doesn't feel like Jellal deserves to be the one person Erza shows vulnerability to.
Like I don't hate it or anything, it's just I've seen like 3 different OC x Erza fanfics/natza fanfics that were way more compelling than Jerza

I mean, I've never been against Kagura x Erza either (and there was some ship tease for that in Fairy Girls)

But yeah, in my planned mass crossover Erza is definitely not dating Jellal, who won't even be in the story.

And NO, it's not Zoro.

Jellal treats erza as the reward for completing his narcissistic redemption quest; hence why their relationship isn't compelling and why jellal doesn't deserve her.
Hard disagree here, Jellal post 7 year timeskip is the furthest from narcissism as he can be. Jellal has little regard for himself, and prevents himself from having any sort of happiness because of all the terrible things he's done. He doesn't treat Erza as some reward either. Erza is the one that is actively pursuing Jellal at this point.

If I'm being honest, and I know people are gonna disagree with me but, from a romantic standpoint, Nalu is quite literally the weakest developed ship rn. We actively know the various feelings floating between the ships such as Jerza almost kissing, Gray saying he loves Juvia to Juvina, Gale having a baby on the way, except for Nalu. We don't have anything that 100% confirms romantic feelings in either direction.

Hard disagree here, Jellal post 7 year timeskip is the furthest from narcissism as he can be. Jellal has little regard for himself, and prevents himself from having any sort of happiness because of all the terrible things he's done. He doesn't treat Erza as some reward either. Erza is the one that is actively pursuing Jellal at this point.
Valid. I think it's a relationship that has good chemistry yet has bad origins, if that makes sense.
If I'm being honest, and I know people are gonna disagree with me but, from a romantic standpoint, Nalu is quite literally the weakest developed ship rn. We actively know the various feelings floating between the ships such as Jerza almost kissing, Gray saying he loves Juvia to Juvina, Gale having a baby on the way, except for Nalu. We don't have anything that 100% confirms romantic feelings in either direction.
Heathen.

Nalu still the best of all four tho, which says a lot considering they're the least romantic pairing

Had to say it, since no doubt that would be the first assumption.

Besides, by the End of the Series, Zoro's gonna have 3 other women as his wives. And so will Sanji.

Which of course will make them fight about it.
You're fanfic has a harem ending?
y8Q1Y7I.jpg

You're fanfic has a harem ending?
It'll only be one of those "10 years later" sort of ending chapters.

Besides, Luffy will only be with Hancock and no one else, which is unlike 90% of Luffy shipping fanfics out there.

Although Luffy will be at least 18 when they meet instead of the canon 17, due to both the pre-timeskip story having far more arcs and also it being less creepy than canon since canon has a 31 year old (albeit with the mind of a teenager from her time as a slave) lusting after a 17 year old.

And asides from those 2 everyone else will be just a single pairing.

Am I the only one who finds Jerza bland? It's easily the weakest ship out of the big four (Nalu, Gale, Gruvia, Jerza) Like it doesn't feel like Jellal deserves to be the one person Erza shows vulnerability to.
Nah I agree I like Jellal's redemption, Hell he's one of my top 10 favorite FT characters

But Erza x Jellal is a horrible ship to make canon. Pretty sure I gave my opinion on this before on here

But my reasoning is-

The whole "Ultear was mind controlling them the WHOLE TIME" thing is BS to me

Here's how I see it

It had been stated on many occasions that Jellal is an super strong mage. One of the most powerful in Fiore. He was a Wizard Saint when cannon started when he was about the age of 19 ( iirc )

As strong as Ultear was pre time skip.....she was not on Jellal's level

Maybe more so around Erza tier tbh ( tenrou island arc erza probably )

So it's hard to believe Ultear could continue to control every single one of Jellal's actions. She probably was controlling all his moves at first when they were younger and she was the strong, ya know to steer him in the direction she wanted

But as they grew older and Jellal completely surpassed her in power....I doubt she could influence him like she used to. Sure she still stuck around to make sure he was still on board the whole "revive zeref plan"

But at that point I fully believe Jellal was in control of his own actions, by the time canon started he lost himself to his own darkness making all these new decisions while fully understanding the consequences of his actions. In short, Ultear opened the door but he walked through it.

That's why, I firmly believe that he was in full control of himself during the Tower of Heaven arc, basically jellal was controlled at first but eventually he grew strong enough to make his own decisions and be a grown ass man

The "mind control the entire time" from ultear feels like a plot device that cheapens his redemption somewhat

As I said, I love Jellal's redemption and character and currently in 100 YQ I think he's payed his price multiple times over by this point and just want the dude to be happy for the first time in a long time....but he does not deserve to be with Erza

He lost whatever shot he had with her the moment he told her to run all those years ago. You do not gain a sakura like obsession with jellal ( the sasuke ) after this dude basically left you in a state of mental torture for a decade. That ship ( pardon the pun ) long since sailed, crashed and burned from childhood days of theirs

That's why in the FT AU I am currently writing I am using this interpretation of Jellal^

And there will be no Jerza pairing, Jellal WILL eventually redeem himself and earn Erza's forgiveness the proper way and they will become friends again, eventually strengthening the bond they once had as a children.....but no romantic tension between them

Erza can't see him that way anymore and Jellal realizes even if he did still have feelings for Erza that was in the past and he needs to look towards the future

Anyways that my rant

**** I wrote an essay lmao

What do you think of my view on this?

Anyone else is free to comment too

I am meh about Erza x Jellal, but that's just kinda cause Jellal is a bit boring of a character after he turns good. He is very much the straight man to Fairy Tail's whackiness. Now he can be badass and I really like his magic, but personality wise, he's far from Fairy Tail's best.

Also Erza is mine, **** off you blue haired e-boy

I am meh about Erza x Jellal, but that's just kinda cause Jellal is a bit boring of a character after he turns good. He is very much the straight man to Fairy Tail's whackiness. Now he can be badass and I really like his magic, but personality wise, he's far from Fairy Tail's best.

Also Erza is mine, **** off you blue haired e-boy
Honestly I didn't like Jellal—and, by extension, Jerza—in this sequel manga at all, mostly because I felt his character became too attached to Erza's existence, didn't accomplish much and was needlessly sexualized.

Maybe it is because I haven't read the main series in a long time and much of his characterization and actions had vanished from my memory but I felt that 90% of the time he's on screen was mostly just to appeal to Jerza shippers. He was really sexualized when he was under the White Witch's control which was bizarre since I don't remember Jellal fawning over Erza this much and being this incapable of getting his stuff together. Literally everyone else's personalities and feelings to each other were pretty much intact—just that their perspectives were warped by the mind controller—so what was it about Jellal that would cause his sexuality to dominate so much of his actions and feelings?

His battle against Aldoron's seed also annoyed me since once again when he was inside Ultear's world he only thought of his connection to Erza rather than literally everyone else in his life. No mention of Natsu, Kagura or the members of Crime Sociere—not even freaking Meredy who was like one of the first people to join. He didn't even accomplish much of anything in the sequel manga up to this point, he was ragdolled by the White Witch's whims and utilized by the plot for fanservice until the writers realized that he was actually strong and put him up against a seed, except he got ****** and needed some saving to win.

I don't know what else to say, Jellal just sucked! That one minor plot line between Erza and Jellal at near the end of the arc was indeed serene and I liked that tid-bit a little, but it still did not make up for that whole mess about their relationship.

I think that fandom has ruined my taste for shipping, because that is all they really care about. I like NaLu as much as the next guy, but almost every piece of fanfiction I've read makes it so Lucy is the only thing Natsu cares about, and its kinda infuriating. There is a goldmine of interactions waiting in Natsu conversing with Wendy, or reconnecting with Lisanna, or literally any exchange that doesn't involve him with Erza or Lucy. Like I would like to see Natsu training Romeo, remember Romeo? Cuz I don't think anyone else does.

I've always found that platonic relationships can be just as compelling as romantic ones.

I think that fandom has ruined my taste for shipping, because that is all they really care about. I like NaLu as much as the next guy, but almost every piece of fanfiction I've read makes it so Lucy is the only thing Natsu cares about, and its kinda infuriating. There is a goldmine of interactions waiting in Natsu conversing with Wendy, or reconnecting with Lisanna, or literally any exchange that doesn't involve him with Erza or Lucy. Like I would like to see Natsu training Romeo, remember Romeo? Cuz I don't think anyone else does.

I've always found that platonic relationships can be just as compelling as romantic ones.
I agree honestly, I love the shipping in FT, but it's far from the best or even my favorite thing about FT

I swear half the fandom only cares about just the shipping and gave up on story and characters...

I agree honestly, I love the shipping in FT, but it's far from the best or even my favorite thing about FT

I swear half the fandom only cares about just the shipping and gave up on story and characters...
I would kill a man to get to see Natsu and Lisanna become friends again, or get more Natsu and Wendy sibling interactions.

I like Jellal as a character and by extension Jerza as a ship.

He has a decently written story about a depressed man who did horrible things trying to find self atonement and imo his reaction to the situation is fairly realistic. What sane person wouldn't feel absolutely horrible about killing one of their closest friends, and almost killing the person they care about the most, among many other crimes. His redemption started with him contemplating if his death would be better for everyone. He finally found a purpose which was to cleanse the world of darkness. However he relapses and Erza has to help him regain himself once again. Afterwards he focus's on a more specific goal in defeating Zeref, the one that was the root of the worlds pain. and while he didn't accomplish that goal, he proved to everyone the changes that he's made and the good he's done for the world, but he has yet to prove it to himself.

Finally we get to 100 YQ stuff and this is where he finally begins to make legitimate progress towards forgiving himself. He once again was about to relapse into his old depressed self in the Gears fight due to forgetting himself because of how Gear's magic works, but this time he was reminded by Ultear of his biggest supporter, that being Erza of course, every lesson he's learned from her came rushing back and he's finally gotten over the last seemingly insurmountable mental struggle. Now he's finally ready to move forward with himself and actually look towards not just a future, but his future, a future where he can finally be happy with who he is again.

Last edited:
I would kill a man to get to see Natsu and Lisanna become friends again, or get more Natsu and Wendy sibling interactions.
in my AU I am writing

1. Lisanna stays dead so sorry can't do that ( it the main premise of the story )

2. Natsu and Wendy I am definitely doing. I feel like before meeting Lucy, Wendy was the only person he ever cared about on the same level as he did Lisanna and Happy, maybe even more so considering they go WAY back..... ( like 4 centuries back )

I love Lisanna, and her and Natsu being friends is cool, doesn't have to be romantic at all
I like Jellal as a character and by extension Jerza as a ship.

He has a decently written story about a depressed man who did horrible things trying to find self atonement and imo his reaction to the situation is fairly realistic. What sane person wouldn't feel absolutely horrible about killing one of their closest friends, and almost killing the person they care about the most, among many other crimes. His redemption started with him contemplating if his death would be better for everyone. He finally found a purpose which was to cleanse the world of darkness. However he relapses and Erza has to help him regain himself once again. Afterwards he focus's on a more specific goal in defeating Zeref, the one that was the root of the worlds pain. and while he didn't accomplish that goal, he proved to everyone the changes that he's made and the good he's done for the world, but he has yet to prove it to himself.

Finally we get to 100 YQ stuff and this is where he finally begins to make legitimate progress towards forgiving himself. He once again was about to relapse into his old depressed self in the Gears fight due to forgetting himself because how Gear's magic works, but this time he was reminded by Ultear of his biggest supporter, that being Erza of course, every lesson he's learned from her came rushing back and he's finally gotten over the last seemingly insurmountable mental struggle. Now he's finally ready to move forward with himself and actually look towards not just a future, but his future, a future where he can finally be happy with who he is again.
I think my major issue with Jellal is just how he's handled after X791. In the Tartaros Arc, he was heavily set up to be a major player against Zeref moving forward, but sadly in Alvarez, due to time constraints, his character arc was stunted. His fight against Neinhart was ok. But his fight with the Oracion Seis against August was off screened, despite the potential of that fight being amazing if we got to see more of it. Then he straight up abandons the Zeref plot and becomes a part of defeating Acnologia, which is just eh IMO. And in 100YQ, I did like when he became goofy as a member of the White Cult, but overall I want more. Him becoming a FT member can definitely increase my interest in his character however. Overall, I like Jellal, he's just average to me
in my AU I am writing

1. Lisanna stays dead so sorry can't do that ( it the main premise of the story )

2. Natsu and Wendy I am definitely doing. I feel like before meeting Lucy, Wendy was the only person he ever cared about on the same level as he did Lisanna and Happy, maybe even more so considering they go WAY back..... ( like 4 centuries back )
She should have stayed dead for sure

I love Lisanna, and her and Natsu being friends is cool, doesn't have to be romantic at all

I think my major issue with Jellal is just how he's handled after X791. In the Tartaros Arc, he was heavily set up to be a major player against Zeref moving forward, but sadly in Alvarez, due to time constraints, his character arc was stunted. His fight against Neinhart was ok. But his fight with the Oracion Seis against August was off screened, despite the potential of that fight being amazing if we got to see more of it. Then he straight up abandons the Zeref plot and becomes a part of defeating Acnologia, which is just eh IMO. And in 100YQ, I did like when he became goofy as a member of the White Cult, but overall I want more. Him becoming a FT member can definitely increase my interest in his character however. Overall, I like Jellal, he's just average to me

She should have stayed dead for sure
1. Hard agree she should've stayed dead, Lisanna dying in this story will be my Natsu's main motivation for getting as strong as possible

2. Glad I am not the only disappointed that the Jellal/Zeref plotline was dropped. The fact they NEVER EVEN MET AND HAD A COVERSATION honestly pissed me off after all the setup Mashima gave

Man said Gray

Instant L

But fr though speaking of Rogue

I am disappointed Mashima dropped the plotline of Gray having a reason to kill Frosch which caused Future Rogue to go mad

This man fr be dropping so many interesting storylines smh

Back