• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

I don't see no genuine issue with the chapter tbh. Thats just me though. Didn't see any bs and thought it ended fine. She was on a loss streak so she said to get some wins again eventually. If its because Misaki lost i already said that the villains are always the assumed superiors but in reality are inferior. She beat someone laxus tier and she almost tied with laxus so its not really a shocker. If anything I would complain about him overhyping villains typical ft tbh. And erza can telekinetic use her armor and shields at will and combo them. Its just peculiar because it's not common. Like if she was in clear heart armor she would he able to use the sword any of her other armors. She just liked to stay on theme.

4 Knights of the Apocalypse >>> 100 Years Quest....

🏃‍♂️
4bc.gif

Bruh.

Shit I don't even think I've flamed Mitch this hard. Just ended a man's career with a sentence.
images

But he's my friend so imma have to defend him. Go choke on a cheesestick you nasty greasy bitch, i bet you look like you drink white Gatorade and smell like nickkels.
Well bitch is kinda right since there are times I get called ma'am when I wear a mask

Last edited:
I still don't see any issues with the latest chapter, it was a cool back and forth fights with interesting attacks

A lot of the emotional moments the series tries to push don't have nearly as much weight as it thinks they do. And when they do finally managed to strike gold, it's usually ruined by an aggressively unfunny horribly well timed joke, or just it's future consequences and impact are left underdeveloped. For every scene in FT that got yo ass cryin' in the club, there is another scene with a shallow payoff that the show tries to paint as just as important.

The end of Natsu vs Zeref was truly great, Natsu's own journey of pain and suffering, a journey he never once let anyone see because he had to keep moving for the sake of everyone, clashed against Zeref's own pain. Natsu, with everything to protect, but never has the strength to protect it. Zeref, all the power in the world, with nothing to protect. Two brothers standing off, burning bridges instead of building them. Both threw all their emotion, their anger and sorrow and grief, at each other. Natsu won because Zeref didn't have anything to fight for, which wasn't his fault.

The dragon slayers vs Acnologia was a rushed and sloppy end that left Acnologia stale and unexplored, as the only true connection he has with anyone is Natsu, yet they don't play with that at all. After pulling the Fairy Sphere and Seven Dragon Fire out of nowhere, they flashback to Igneel's death, as if this is any sort of meaningful revenge. It's not, Natsu got thrown around, didn't get fired up, he promised his Dad he would get stronger and use that strength to squash Acnologia, he didn't. Yeah, Natsu being too weak on his own and having to rely on his friends is a series staple, but in a fight as deeply personal as this, what would normally be thematically consistent ended up throwing away one of the main themes of the Zeref fight. Which was that Natsu can stand on his own and be just as strong even with no friends to help, because fighting for them is what gives him power, not using their power itself.

I could write a thesis on this but it's pretty opinionated. As I pointed out when I explored how Natsu vs Gildarts and the lesson it tried to teach completely undermines Natsu's character, everybody wants different things from a story.

A lot of the emotional moments the series tries to push don't have nearly as much weight as it thinks they do. And when they do finally managed to strike gold, it's usually ruined by an aggressively unfunny horribly well timed joke, or just it's future consequences and impact are left underdeveloped. For every scene in FT that got yo ass cryin' in the club, there is another scene with a shallow payoff that the show tries to paint as just as important.

The end of Natsu vs Zeref was truly great, Natsu's own journey of pain and suffering, a journey he never once let anyone see because he had to keep moving for the sake of everyone, clashed against Zeref's own pain. Natsu, with everything to protect, but never has the strength to protect it. Zeref, all the power in the world, with nothing to protect. Two brothers standing off, burning bridges instead of building them. Both threw all their emotion, their anger and sorrow and grief, at each other. Natsu won because Zeref didn't have anything to fight for, which wasn't his fault.

The dragon slayers vs Acnologia was a rushed and sloppy end that left Acnologia stale and unexplored, as the only true connection he has with anyone is Natsu, yet they don't play with that at all. After pulling the Fairy Sphere and Seven Dragon Fire out of nowhere, they flashback to Igneel's death, as if this is any sort of meaningful revenge. It's not, Natsu got thrown around, didn't get fired up, he promised his Dad he would get stronger and use that strength to squash Acnologia, he didn't. Yeah, Natsu being too weak on his own and having to rely on his friends is a series staple, but in a fight as deeply personal as this, what would normally be thematically consistent ended up throwing away one of the main themes of the Zeref fight. Which was that Natsu can stand on his own and be just as strong even with no friends to help, because fighting for them is what gives him power, not using their power itself.

I could write a thesis on this but it's pretty opinionated. As I pointed out when I explored how Natsu vs Gildarts and the lesson it tried to teach completely undermines Natsu's character, everybody wants different things from a story.
This is why you ain't on the FT Discord Server

I thought the chapter was decent I loved Erza using Heavenly body magic as it’s furthering her connection to Jellal

But I don’t read to deep into shit

I only read FT and Shonen manga in general for cool fights and cool characters and badass moments and fanservice and character ships

yeah i read the chapter

it wasn't half bad it's p much what I expected to happen; knowing Mashima anyway

Eh, we all know that the real focus of this arc is gonna be on the fight with Ignia (which I'm personally hyped for), so I guess the shorter Erza's fight was, the better.

I'm also intrigued by this Magic SuperWeapon that Selene wants to find.

Back