• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Well Misaki vs Erza was kind of a let down. Literally took 2 chapters for her ass to get kicked. I was hoping a team-up by Erza, Gray and Gajeel to make them relevant somehow but whatever.
Gray and Gajeel fighting Skullion and Madmole will only be fine by me if they use Dragon Force and are stated to even be nearly the equal of a Dark Dragon Slayer Knight

I mean I just enjoy it a lot, Fairy Tail always brightens my day

Also I'm used to this kind of thing with Hiro. He does fast fights and has villains be defeated early. It doesn't matter if you're a God Tier or anything. He's been writing this way for years now, so when I see Misaki be defeated this way, it doesn't suprise me, in fact I suspected it. Hell Misaki might not even be done yet. I liked the fight from the chapter and it has some cool visuals as well. I never expected Erza to lose at all.

Hiro moves rather quickly and I like that, it's a breath of fresh air from series like One Piece, which have arcs that last literal years of your life. Like Wano has been with me since I was in High School and I'm almost done with college, like jesus I love it, but I'm ready to move on. Progress is always being made with Fairy Tail and I like that
There is some truth in handling fights quickly like that, On the one hand, it allows the writer to get stuff over with and move on to the next big thing while still giving the readers a fight to enjoy for a while. On the other, there's always a risk of the fight scenes feeling too shallow and quick for the readers to care or possibly even remember they have happened and if there emerges a pattern readers would be less likely to take future fights very seriously.

There is some truth in handling fights quickly like that, On the one hand, it allows the writer to get stuff over with and move on to the next big thing while still giving the readers a fight to enjoy for a while. On the other, there's always a risk of the fight scenes feeling too shallow and quick for the readers to care or possibly even remember they have happened.
That's fair, but there's also the fact about long fights being unreallistic and having the moves not mean much since none of them actually get the job done and the fight lasts far longer

Like I love Luffy vs Katakuri, but Katakuri beat Luffy up for like 10 hours and all those attacks did jack shit because Luffy could still get back up and fight just fine

Nothing wrong with this, it's a similar case with me, except it's the fact that I feel like I'm getting an actual full chapter since most Black Clover chapters are at most 15 pages and tend to go down to 12 or even 9 pages.

It's just a little issue I've had that hopefully gets rectified soon.
Yeah the BC chapters are pretty short but it's still okay to have something to read for like five minutes and spend another tens of thousands of minutes per week doing other stuff. It's hard for me to say the same for MHA unfortunately.

That's fair, but there's also the fact about long fights being unreallistic and having the moves not mean much since none of them actually get the job done and the fight lasts far longer

Like I love Luffy vs Katakuri, but Katakuri beat Luffy up for like 10 hours and all those attacks did jack shit because Luffy could still get back up and fight just fine
I generally prefer short fights over long ones since at least everyone can move on to other important matters while any short but any mishandled fight would just be a blemish on the experience.

Listen, my favorite two series of all time are Fairy Tail and One Piece, with Fairy Tail as #1 and One Piece as #2

They handle the fights and story different ways, and what I don't get from Fairy Tail, I get from One Piece

I'm not looking for more than 1-2 chapter fights for Fairy Tail outside of like the final fights of an arc

Of course I wish some fights were extended longer, lord knows I would love that, but I'm not majorly upset if I don't get that

Like I have no idea what the final battle of this arc will be, but whatever it is, I hope we at least get 3 chapters of it

Listen, my favorite two series of all time are Fairy Tail and One Piece, with Fairy Tail as #1 and One Piece as #2

They handle the fights and story different ways, and what I don't get from Fairy Tail, I get from One Piece

I'm not looking for more than 1-2 chapter fights for Fairy Tail outside of like the final fights of an arc

Of course I wish some fights were extended longer, lord knows I would love that, but I'm not majorly upset if I don't get that

Like I have no idea what the final battle of this arc will be, but whatever it is, I hope we at least get 3 chapters of it
I like Dragon Ball because big muscle man hit other muscle man

I mean I just enjoy it a lot, Fairy Tail always brightens my day

Also I'm used to this kind of thing with Hiro. He does fast fights and has villains be defeated early. It doesn't matter if you're a God Tier or anything. He's been writing this way for years now, so when I see Misaki be defeated this way, it doesn't suprise me, in fact I suspected it. Hell Misaki might not even be done yet. I liked the fight from the chapter and it has some cool visuals as well. I never expected Erza to lose at all.

Hiro moves rather quickly and I like that, it's a breath of fresh air from series like One Piece, which have arcs that last literal years of your life. Like Wano has been with me since I was in High School and I'm almost done with college, like jesus I love it, but I'm ready to move on. Progress is always being made with Fairy Tail and I like that
Sniff

That was beautiful.

I still do, make no mistake it was a very solid chapter, it just also exacerbates this issue I've been having with this arc.

I'm also coming hot off the heels of the most recent Black Clover chapter, and you know what happens there, so I'm especially prone to giving this specific kind of criticism.
That chapter was pretty rad NGL.

Considering Wendy vs Haku only got 2 chapters, it’s pretty safe to say that Misaki is done and defeated, which is a little disappointing, but it’s overall ok. I really liked the back in forth in this chapter, we got some cool and flash moves from both side and it was some peak Fairy Tail action

Well that was a pretty good fight like most of erza 100 year quest fights. Pretty enjoyable. I'm so surprised that armor came back. Misaki has so much shit lol.

Nothing was wrong with fight it was a back and forth. Short yea but it there are so many fights ppl wanna see. They can't have em all take multiple chapters cause if its a fight you don't care about do you wanna see 5 chapters probably not especially since ignia showed up. If this wasn't biweekly my opinion would change somewhat

More proof of Dragon Cry canonicity? ( yes we already know it's officially confirmed canon but this is just more evidence )

Since the only other time she ever used Jellal's Magic was during this movie

0105-017.png

Nothing was wrong with fight it was a back and forth. Short yea but it there are so many fights ppl wanna see. They can't have em all take multiple chapters cause if its a fight you don't care about do you wanna see 5 chapters probably not especially since ignia showed up. If this wasn't biweekly my opinion would change somewhat
I think the amount of chapters put in this fight would have been more justified had Erza, Gray, and Gajeel just fought Misaki together.

Btw, another supporting feat for 5-A Acno is how he is considered >= to 10,000 dragons, and those 10,000 dragons were considered a world-ending threat.

New chapter was disappointing as **** smh

Ofc the author's pet that is Erza is the first character to just straight up overpower a BDSK

And now Misaki already down for the count.....after one chapter.....

I swear Suzaku's back must be hurting from how hard he's carrying the BDSK and George's scaling on his back
This chapter was awesome, you lame

I just looked back, and 784x Dragon Force Natsu was sorta cracked. He was strong as shit for the time period. If he had been able to use that at will, he would have been one shotting everybody

New chapter was disappointing as **** smh

Ofc the author's pet that is Erza is the first character to just straight up overpower a BDSK

And now Misaki already down for the count.....after one chapter.....

I swear Suzaku's back must be hurting from how hard he's carrying the BDSK and George's scaling on his back
I finally read through the chapter's English translation. I am not impressed either.

Back