• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

Leave

You've crossed the line ************
InkedInkedd7lu1o8-f9d0857c-6386-4bec-8fec-447b476fd2bf_LI.jpg

I love dub Erza voice

Dub Erza/Dub Inner Moka just sounds amazing to me
How did I only NOW realize this?

I mean I've seen both dubbed animes.

God I'm an oblivious doofus sometimes.
Wow, I was clowning on AnimeFreak, but Eseseso just went in and took the crown of dumbest straight from him
Hey, I just provided solid evidence that Erlu >>> Jerza and is >= Natsu x Erza, you have no evidence in your retort.

The real shock is when he realizes Dub Erza and Dub Luffy share the same Voice Actress

Honestly I didn't like Jellal—and, by extension, Jerza—in this sequel manga at all, mostly because I felt his character became too attached to Erza's existence, didn't accomplish much and was needlessly sexualized.

Maybe it is because I haven't read the main series in a long time and much of his characterization and actions had vanished from my memory but I felt that 90% of the time he's on screen was mostly just to appeal to Jerza shippers. He was really sexualized when he was under the White Witch's control which was bizarre since I don't remember Jellal fawning over Erza this much and being this incapable of getting his stuff together. Literally everyone else's personalities and feelings to each other were pretty much intact—just that their perspectives were warped by the mind controller—so what was it about Jellal that would cause his sexuality to dominate so much of his actions and feelings?

His battle against Aldoron's seed also annoyed me since once again when he was inside Ultear's world he only thought of his connection to Erza rather than literally everyone else in his life. No mention of Natsu, Kagura or the members of Crime Sociere—not even freaking Meredy who was like one of the first people to join. He didn't even accomplish much of anything in the sequel manga up to this point, he was ragdolled by the White Witch's whims and utilized by the plot for fanservice until the writers realized that he was actually strong and put him up against a seed, except he got ****** and needed some saving to win.

I don't know what else to say, Jellal just sucked! That one minor plot line between Erza and Jellal at near the end of the arc was indeed serene and I liked that tid-bit a little, but it still did not make up for that whole mess about their relationship.
As a response to CloverDragon's question, here's a reference to a post I made three weeks ago talking about my feelings about Jellal and Jerza.

I mean if the FT 100YQ popularity poll is anything to go off of, the fact that both characters are in the top 5 means it's pretty damn popular in the community as a whole.
Which proves that it was working. All that ridiculous Jerza content and evisceration of what would have made Jellal an actually good character that could have him stand on his own two feet ended up paying off.

Is liking Jellal and Jerza really that unpopular over here? Damn
Yes

This was my reasoning

Ngl a lot of FT characters have better chemistry with other people than their "canon ship"

Exceptions being Nalu and Gale 🤝

( Gajeel x Levy best canon ship )

Example:

Natsu x Erza>>>>Jellal x Erza

I legit believed Natsu x Erza was gonna be a thing after the Tower of Heaven Arc, like it looked like Mashima had that set up. They had good chemistry, a strong friendship and things like letting Natsu rest in her lap during train rides iirc was something she never let anyone else do. The ending of the Tower of Heaven arc with Natsu dragging her from, seemingly the clutches of death and destroying her nightmare made the ship seem like a forgone conclusion to me

Then post time skip Jerza BS comes outta nowhere

Like bruh Erza.....this the same ***** who kept you in basically a state of mental torture for years and helped the thing that made your childhood a living hell

I don't mind Jellal getting a redemption, he one of my favorite characters in the series ( hell I like him more than Team Natsu tbh ) but god damn the ship should have not sailed

Should have stayed a childhood crush thing and came back as a renewed friendship tbh

**** I am ranting

Honestly, Mirajane would've been a better pick for Erza.

1. Both had nothing when they joined the guild and endured plenty of suffering before joining.

2. Both tried to hide their pain (albeit in different ways), but eventually learned to embrace the past.

3. Both of them are monsters in battle

4. They have much more interaction and chemistry than Jellal does with Erza.

5. Erza was one of the first people to meet and welcome Mirajane when she first joined Fairy Tail, not even caring about her demonic arm.

1. Both had nothing when they joined the guild and endured plenty of suffering before joining.

2. Both tried to hide their pain (albeit in different ways), but eventually learned to embrace the past.

5. Erza was one of the first people to meet and welcome Mirajane when she first joined Fairy Tail, not even caring about her demonic arm.
We get it, you like lesbians

I’m just mad my boi Natsu lost to Jellal

Mega undeserved
All the attention that went to Jellal, should've went to Gray or Gajeel.

Man, is that salt in the air I smell? Must be from all the "jellal haters" getting beaten by a measly popularity poll lol.

Can't spell subtext with butt sex
Well, Mirajane literally spanked Erza in that Punishment chapter, and in another omake Erza groped Mirajane in the bath.

Also, when Kyouka, wants to know where Jellal is, she tortures Erza to get the information. When that doesn't work, she threatens to kill Mirajane, or give her a Fate Worse than Death, essentially forcing Erza to chose who she loves more - Mira or Jellal. And when that doesn't work, Kyouka threatens to kill them both. What Erza does? She begs Kyouka to not harm, and release Mirajane.

Well, Mirajane literally spanked Erza in that Punishment chapter, and in another omake Erza groped Mirajane in the bath.

Also, when Kyouka, wants to know where Jellal is, she tortures Erza to get the information. When that doesn't work, she threatens to kill Mirajane, or give her a Fate Worse than Death, essentially forcing Erza to chose who she loves more - Mira or Jellal. And when that doesn't work, Kyouka threatens to kill them both. What Erza does? She begs Kyouka to not harm, and release Mirajane.
Grass, go touch it.

Not my fault Fairy Tail has bucket loads of subtext between most of the female characters.
I think you’re just into yuri mate, which is ok 😂

None of them have actually chosen girls, with most very clearly being mainly paired with boys, but it’s not as if they don’t have a little interest in the same sex, or maybe it’s just Hiro being a horny bastard

He loves naked shenanigans, I mean Natsu has had naked Lucy somehow run into him so many times, it’s practically destiny

Back