• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explaining The Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hurts.

I really liked Arigarmy and Flo. Always thought they were hilarious. I'd like to point out that I think they're correct in a couple of the flaws they pointed out in some of our staff members, but all of the insults, threats, leaking private information, and general way of going about it is not needed.

I betcha Ytmcztmc is talking smack about me, or at least did at some point. There was that one time where I promised to help him out with the Dot Hack series but didn't. It's a thing I kinda feel bad about, even today.

Our wiki's got some flaws but I think we do just fine with what we have.

To be fair, did you have Cal's permission to show that picture, Kep?

...Good Lord. This is just...shoot...I can't even describe it really.

One thing I will say, I was not a fan of Rice but I chalked that up to the round we had in a debate a while back. Now...(shakes head)

RegisNex1232 said:
Let's be real, most of the staff can be annnoying jerks when they want to. Whether you care or not, it's there.
As far as length of bans go, I fail to see how this (the toxicity, not the doxxing) is so much worse than Ever's sick RPs about horses. Note that he got 3 months off while everyone here is gone for good. Not to mention that accusations of doxxing are serious and should not be made solely to get rid of people. I don't care if they get bans, but permas for staff who have done good work for the wiki, while another staff gets off practically scot free?

@Kep

This ^^^

... Damn...

I thought that some of these people were actually pretty chilled, but then I saw this.

Also, insulting people, calling them "autists" and trying to doxx them is a very stupid and shameful thing to do, especially when all we are talking about is determining how strong fictional characters are.

This is probably the most disappointed I have ever been in staff members of this wiki. Even if none of them were members I particularly looked up to.

I... know some stuff that could be considered "confidential".

Am I allowed to say it now that the situation has been exposed?

@Jinx

Aka comparing something that was not under our control to something that was.

Andytrenom said:
This is probably the most disappointed I have ever been in staff members of this wiki. Even if none of them were members I particularly looked up to.
Some of those who were banned I actually got along well with and spoke with regularly. I'm so befuddled right now.

Wait....r we sure this was them? it could had been hackers for all we know....this is just terrible but @Knight.....he was the guy that had zoro as his pic right?

BlackeJan said:
Wait....r we sure this was them? it could had been hackers for all we know....this is just terrible but @Knight.....he was the guy that had zoro as his pic right?
No he had an Aizen picture of him sipping a mug.

Man, stuff like this reminds me of the old G+ communities. People were rude and out of control all of the time (I will admit that even I was like that), but most of that was pure jokes and trolling. I talked to some of the higher ups in the battle communities on a regular basis, so I would know....the worst things that ever happened were mods going on ban sprees and community members posting hentai.

But for people to be getting doxxed...I would have never expected that from this community which is basically built on keeping peace between members, despite having many disagreements.

The real cal howard said:
Wait, Cal's picture... What? Elaborate.
Bluedash posted a picture of your face in his Discord and I didn't blur it out while screenshotting that.

Never knew so much was happening behind the scenes... It's disgusting honestly. Never knew anyone apart from Knight(even then knew him a little), so can't really say that I "expected/didn't expect" it from them.

Also, the wiki has a discord channel?

@Soldier I actually got along well with Rice, though he wasn't someone I looked up to like Sera, Dark, Repp or Ant.

I'm still trying to process why people are still trying to prove Sera is a girl. Does it actually matter? This is a site where we geek out and talk about fictional verses and rate stats. Why does race, sexuality, gender, or mental function even matter? We built this online persona so that we didn't have to be judged for what we are in real life.

Sera could be a man for all I care, big whoop. The most you should be triggered about on this site is your favourite verse being downgraded. Stop taking things so gosh damn seriously.

RegisNex1232 said:
This can be said for most staff members.

I personally would prefer if someone like FANDOM would look at this as I trust them to be fairly impartial and unbiased.
Trusting Fandom won't get you anywhere bud.

I have a similar story. I left another forum (which became really toxic around the time it was shut down) and came here as it seemed relatively more peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back