• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explaining The Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
tbh after reading through some of the evidence a second time...this is the stuff that makes you doubt the current ratings for Bleach characters. I have nothing against it but if bleach fans even knew that some calcs were faulty and didnt say anything about them then how many calcs could be wrong that we didnt know about and just applied them without double checking. THis really makes trusting calcs even harder

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Wait, actually reading through the evidence now....
Bluetreking was banned too?!!! Damn..............
Ikr. He seemd to be a nice guy.

Goodbye to a Ninjago supporter the

Im also seeing my name, or rather my "nickname", being brought up here , here, and here

Could Kep or someone elaborate this to me please? Because I never knew that I had people hate me to this kind of extent...

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Kukui
Literally only because of disagreements on One Piece / Pokémon threads if memory serves. Kep started getting a lot of hate after he started revising Naruto.
The pokemon, Yugioh, and One Piece stuff isn't a concern to me much, what IS a concern is apparently Knight (C.o.C on discord) claims he found me in a debating group on FB.

I like VSBattles - as it garnered me an interest in math - but I'm honestly bewildered to what extents people will go to when they show hatred towards it. I'm fine with people voicing opinions such as the idea of simply stating "I dislike this wiki for these reasons" and potentially giving out constructive criticism, but going as far as DOXxing, threatening to kill/harm others in real life, and devising plans on how to personally attack others because of hate alone is honestly just egregious. It's especially terrifying that in spite of all of this, the people that hate it view themselves as some kind of saints or innocent individuals because they either got banned (and they believed it was unfair), or they oppose the statistics they could potentially change with a content revision thread.

While I could understand the idea of getting vexed over ban, I cannot grasp the concept of getting so ill-tempered over stuff like statistics. Neither of these warrants a personal army equipped with bronze spears and scutums to storm a single individual, and a character with "bad statistics" could just as easily be conversed over with a content revision thread.

While I can agree that some profiles may have odd or unwarranted statistics, I can't just take a shotgun and find the house of the person that made the profile and harm them. I can just as easily make a content revision thread - should I know about the character/verse in question - and suggest a downgrade/upgrade with evidence provided. The people that hate VSBW - more often than not - are even worse than how they view the people that actually partake in the community. It's like the fine line between 'normal' individuals and artists that draw weird stuff on DeviantArt - the normal individuals attack the artists relentlessly in spite of the artists fabricating the weird content doing absolutely nothing to attack/provoke them in the first place rather than actually trying to take on the issue in a less aggressive and harmful manner (E.G, put a mature filter on it).

I can understand the concept of criticism, but when """""criticism""""" goes as far as "hunt them down and kill them in the name of the emperor", then there's a problem, a big, big problem. You can't view yourself as a saint if you partake in attacking others, no matter how many labels (E.G, autistic, lowlife, etc.) you slap onto the opposition, no matter how many times you complain about statistics, you are always doing something wrong when you decide that attacking is the best choice.

TL;dr - I'm honestly afraid that VSDebating brings on stuff like this, and the people that attack the wiki (Doxxing, vandalizing, fabricating death threats) are honestly even worse than they make us out to be.

The pokemon, Yugioh, and One Piece stuff isn't a concern to me much, what IS a concern is apparently Knight (C.o.C on discord) claims he found me in a debating group on FB.

He did find it, he even linked it IIRC, but nothing too bad

I have checked all of the screens. That's good that we have revealed the wiki's oppositionists as well as their filths towards the wiki and its staff.

I'm especially sorry for those ones who have been doxed. This devilry touched me before too: I was harassed by several troll gangs. Some guy even claimed that he will find me in my hometown and beat me up. For do this, he promised a bounty for someone who will send him my face. He used my IRL name, but no one had sent him how I look IRL, later he has ended his hostile activity in the Internet and began to live a peaceful life. Nothing new.

We should get through this trouble and return stability on our wiki.

Also, I'll be targeted extra hard due to everything I said in both the Discord and on private PMs to lay low

Kepekley23 said:
He did find it, he even linked it IIRC, but nothing too bad

If he did, do you somehow have access to that link? I know I might be overracting but i'd rather not have anyone trying to find me too for obvious reasons.

Isn't some of the actions they are performing... almost criminal? Of course stalking someone isn't really against the law, you put all your information on the internet, but what about the harassment? Would we actually have a case in reporting them to some sort of law enforcement if this revenge mentality persists?

So, a mass witch hunt banning with no real evidence to back up any of the actual reasons why any of them, let alone 10 members all at once, should be banned. Some people's "stashes" are just one picture and nothing else. Most, if not all, of the stashes could be chalked up to banter.

I have not seen a single valid reason to get rid of them all yet.

@Kukui

Sadly, I don't.

I do think it involved you saying something like "Seems like we're getting mountain level Naruto bois" while linking my Naruto 7-A revision, with your name being Jack something, although that might have been their Rocker leak instead. They also posted a link to Rocker's facebook there, I believe, so I might be mixing both up.

Well logically yes but im pretty sure ALL of us, both sides, would be seen as mentally ill for taking this to crimminal levels over, what was originally, just disagreement between the ratings of fictional characters. We'd more than certainly even get laughed at majorly, especially for some here who are adults.

Kepekley23 said:
Now that all of this has been said, let us indulge. Do you honestly think that KamiYasha, who gave us the golden lines of
Holy Crap that turned around my perceptions real fast. I honestly thought that them all getting Banned was a technical malfunction or something.

Well, guess I'll have to carry the Trigun Revisions on my own back now... Whenever I actually get the Manga......

Yeah, @Antoniofer is actually right regarding the divided staff members consisting of generally older/former staff Vs Newer/Current staff. I won't go into too much detail, but this thread or worse yet, this one summarize the controversies people generally have with the Wiki. So many Cartoon and Video Game characters, the latter especially, are so frequently downplayed for the most stereotype reasons.

The distinction between Destructive Capacity and Attack Potency is the common motivation behind it. People have a tendency to forgot that many verses don't really take laws of physics into account, and game mechanics are the absolute worst reason to downplay a character or verse. Then we got things like "The only reason Dragon Ball is safe is because Ki control is a thing, and would have been downgraded a long time ago if not." With some of them even taking a step further to strawman about Dragon Ball being downgraded alongside those verses. Except that's actually not the reason because Precision strikes are a thing regardless of Ki Control being a thing, and arguing against that leads to hypocrisy and suggesting that Marvel, DC, HST, and OPM characters should be downgraded to Tier 9 or 8 and Subsonic speed alongside Ninja Turtles or various JRPG verses.

But that's off topic. "Wanking" or "Downplaying" verses in itself really shouldn't be a reason to either ban people or hate on communities. The only reason to dislike users or communities would simply be the inability to act like mature adults. There's no such thing as a perfect human being or user, or an Indexing community that's 100% accurate, but it's always best to try at least.

CynicalWeeaboo said:
So, a mass witch hunt banning with no real evidence to back up any of the actual reasons why any of them, let alone 10 members all at once, should be banned. Some people's "stashes" are just one picture and nothing else. Most, if not all, of the stashes could be chalked up to banter.

I have not seen a single valid reason to get rid of them all yet.
I am still unconvinced that the entire staff has collaborated to remove productive members and that Sera has fabricated a entire story of harassment in tandem.

Yobobojojo said:
I am still unconvinced that the entire staff has collaborated to remove productive members and that Sera has fabricated a entire story of harassment in tandem.
Can't tell if satire or not...

Kepekley23 said:
@Kukui
Sadly, I don't.

I do think it involved you saying something like "Seems like we're getting mountain level Naruto bois" while linking my Naruto 7-A revision, with your name being Jack something, although that might have been their Rocker leak instead. They also posted a link to Rocker's facebook there, I believe, so I might be mixing both up.
Ah I see, that is unfortunate then. Im sorry for asking for more after the godly amount of detective work you've already put it. However just one more thing. If not a link to my facebook, when viewing that, did you get to see who Knights facebook was?

Jack? From on here or on Facebook?

ProfessorLord said:
No. This far crosses the line of "banter" once you start implicating that you know where someone lives and you proceed to express threats and other nefarious intentions in the privacy of your own discord server. This is not okay.
I have no idea how someone can actually make this argument.
How sway. Where did these threats take place, where did anyone implicate they knew where someone lived? I see feat interpretation isn't the only shoddy thing around here.

You can say whatever the hell you want in your own privacy.

Kepekley23 said:
CynicalWeaaboo is a /r/CharacterRant regular who loves to bash VS Battles Wiki over Reddit. Taking him seriously is hard.
And I love the handwaving.
I have an account basically everywhere. Animevice, reddit, here, comicvine, spacebattles. I mention the facets of each battleboard that I don't like, vsbw isn't any different. The fact that you think this seems to make me exempt from criticizing you is funny.

Handwaving? That's all your entire post was. You didn't take on any of what I said and simply resulted to insults.

I've been being attacked and harassed on Discord ever since I came from work today. Quite something to come home to....

Kepekley23 said:
@Kukui
No, he cropped the picture he sent me.
Oh so the link was an actual screenshot of the person's FB name? If so, who's FB name was it? Jack or something else?

Sorry again as I just want to make sure my info isn't possibly getting leaked over this.

If that is the case then i'm sorry to hear that Sera. But it's not that hard to provid proof of this harassment. As it is we have only your word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back