• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explaining The Situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dzhindzholia said:
I am not surprised even in the slightest.
I can not say for all those who got banned banned but I always knew certain members from that list aren't honest and talk s*** behind backs.
I cant say I disagree with this. But I thought that since some of them had admin positions in the wiki it was just my hunch.

Sigh.

Welp, while i was apart of that discord, i must say that some of this stuff is pretty shameful. I never took part in any of this, and i honestly didn't know it was this serious a level. I joined and chatted because i honestly wanted to know a few members who, like me, weren't happy with the current state of the wiki.

But this all happened outside of the wiki honestly, while im no admin, and i cant change anything, i really dont see why you have to jump on the people who legit just wanted to talk their anger out in a place they were sure they were safe from it. They are disgusting quotes yes, but as long as they dont take out anything on the wiki then i honestly dont see why we needed to take it to this proportion. And of course, this apparent doxxing business wasn't conducted by everyone who was banned.

I feel you should give a few people a statement in defense.

Hahahahaha.

Just found myself on the Filflourine part.

Pretty hilarious really.

I definitely knew that I would show up somewhere.

Pretty crazy stuff happening in the shadows, huh. While I only know of bluedash's temper from a long time ago, I never expected this much, and from seemingly nice people as well.

Good riddance to them if this is true, and I don't see how this isn't. Kudos to Kep for doing amazing detective work. You should be promoted to Secretary of Defense.

@Jinx

I don't think people who are encouraging others to commit suicide, are actively invading their privacy with explicit malicious intent, and desiring to cause physical harm to others for disagreeing with them is just "legit wanting to talk out their anger".

There's a difference between having a difference of opinion and being actively vengeful and dangerous.

Well thats taking it out inside the wiki isn't it. Thats not what im talking about.

I understand that sometimes people do just want to say a few things, rather than being scared to let them out. Even if its exaggerated, offensive stuff, as long as it isnt directly to someone, its cant really hurt anyone unless its been exposed. Which is has.

This is really shocking. They were really calm at first and then this happened. Like...I'm just amazed. Especially that some of these people were some of our fellow hardworking staff members.

RegisNex1232 said:
No apparently, the 'doxxing' makes it part of the wiki matters, something which we have no proof of at all.
Look, Regis.

I get that you're a bit suspicious of all this, but at this point you're being antagonistic. Unless you have something that can definitely prove the innocence of these individuals and prove that Kep somehow fabricated this evidence, we kind of have to move forward.

But honestly, if its true that there is no proof at all, then i dont really think you should have jumped the gun. Anyone can say anything.

death threats huh, insta banned which i agree with

exposure???? Insta banned also i agree with

staff member talking shit about fellow staff members and site??? demotion and bann

Pictures willingly posted by you on a public site. How does that become doxxing?

I'll be dining now, and hopefully I don't come back to find myself banned for posting here.

Penguinkingpin said:
"cant really hurt anyone unless its been exposed." Yes, because leaking images of a wiki member and their family, more importantly, their INFANT CHILD, on a server dedicated to hating the VSBW wiki members, doesn't expose them.
Again, thats not the part im talking about.

Im talking about the few bans that were for merely saying a few angry/offensive things. And all for what you said would go over the exposing. I'm not talking about this doxxing business, which i honestly had 0 idea was going on in the time i was there.

Isnt there anyway to blur faces or censor these images, but still make them clear enough to be actual evidence. Because for something as serious as this, we cant exactly use proof that has to be hidden away. Ofc im not saying to leak them again, but there are ways to actually provide evidence. Then again, the situation is completely new to me, and i havent got the foggiest idea on how serious it is

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Honestly pretty shocked at this. Rice seemed like a really chill guy when he first came to the wiki way back when, but I never thought he would do something like this.
Sorry but I always knew that Rice was pretty antagonistic and was wondering why he was still an admin. Especially after some of the Naruto threads where he wuite literally enters threads for discussion only to cause trouble.

Jinx666 said:
Again, thats not the part im talking about.

Im talking about the few bans that were for merely saying a few angry/offensive things. And all for what you said would go over the exposing. I'm not talking about this doxxing business, which i honestly had 0 idea was going on in the time i was there.

Isnt there anyway to blur faces or censor these images, but still make them clear enough to be actual evidence. Because for something as serious as this, we cant exactly use proof that has to be hidden away. Ofc im not saying to leak them again, but there are ways to actually provide evidence. Then again, the situation is completely new to me, and i havent got the foggiest idea on how serious it is
Sorry but how can you not see this as serious? This is pretty damn insane.

Knight was never the most easy user to talk to and debate with. But my... I didn't quite think he'd get himself involved in this.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Knight was doing frankly ban-worthy stuff on the actual wiki for a while.
Yeah... I suppose you're right. He did have a history of blowing up for no reason, and being unnessecarily aggressive.

@Matt

They actually renamed their Discord to "Crusher's unbanned streak" due to Knight constantly doing near ban worthy stuff and escaping without a hitch, always.

More like an garbage month,all an unstoppable event goes hit this wiki.

It's a joke since garbage day is the day you take out the trash B)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back