• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explain to me why Gogeta got upgraded to a 2-C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that if beerus is stronger than belmold it's not by anything notable since any two gods of destruction fighting would destroy each other's universes. So what's the difference between Goku saying Broly is probably stronger than a GoD and whis saying Jiren is perhaps stronger than a GoD.

Again, UI Goku "maybe" surpasses Beerus and going by that, neither Jiren nor UI Goku are so much stronger than Beerus even if they are. They are just upper GoD tiers.

While Gogeta is far stronger than Broly who is also an upper GoD tier, and that's why he is "possibly" 2-C.

I think that ALM makes sense.

Do we need a footnote explanation in the Gogeta page in order to avoid future repetitions of this discussion?

AKM sama said:
Again, UI Goku "maybe" surpasses Beerus and going by that, neither Jiren nor UI Goku are so much stronger than Beerus even if they are. They are just upper GoD tiers.
While Gogeta is far stronger than Broly who is also an upper GoD tier, and that's why he is "possibly" 2-C.
He would need to be superior to 2 Destruction Gods rather than only one.

I suppose we could put a footnote saying something along the lines of:

"SSB Gogeta is far superior to Super Saiyan Broly (Full Power) who is probably stronger than Beerus, which makes it a possibility that SSB Gogeta could be on the level of Beerus and Champa combined."

IMO Gogeta should just get "possibly higher" instead of 2-C

Otherwide, you will have to make a role to not talk about Goku and Jiren upgrades because it will happens every few days.

@AKM

Okay. That footnote seems fine.

What do you think about changing the statistics rating to "At least Low 2-C, possibly higher" instead?

I'm okay with possibly higher too. Both mean the same thing, more or less.

That said, if the sole reason for it is to stop these threads then I'm opposed to that line of thought, we don't do revisions to please people or stop threads. Regardless, I believe people will make even more threads about Goku and Jiren also getting a "possibly higher" too because with the reduction of distinction between the two ratings, it will become easier to push for it.

Show me the statement of MUI Goku maybe being stronger than beerus that you're referring to

Okay. I suppose that we should only add a footnote then. Feel free to do so.

AKM sama said:
I'm okay with possibly higher too. Both mean the same thing, more or less.

That said, if the sole reason for it is to stop these threads then I'm opposed to that line of thought, we don't do revisions to please people or stop threads. Regardless, I believe people will make even more threads about Goku and Jiren also getting a "possibly higher" too because with the reduction of distinction between the two ratings, it will become easier to push for it.
Okay just make Gogeta a low 2-C then.

Dragon Ball profiles has much guess work put into them it's annoying at times.

I mean, who knows how much power Gogeta used against Broly, and we are not even sure that Broly IS for a fact stronger than Beerus since Goku was the one to make that statement. It's like people feels like they NEED to w@nk the characters in any way possible.

If we don't take the multiple statements saying Jiren is stronger than a god of destruction(beerus) than we shouldn't take goku's statement seriously

We already consider the statement about Jiren being stronger than GoD. And Goku has faced him, a guy who is already in the upper GoD level. There is no "guesswork" involved when he says that Broly is probably stronger than Beerus because he is familiar with that level of power.

I'm not a fan of repeating the same thing in every thread.

AKM sama said:
Jiren is at least stronger than Belmod. Whether he is stronger than Beerus or not is still up in the air, but he is at the upper GoD level. And the difference between him and UI Goku isn't much as UI Goku was stated to "maybe" surpass Beerus.
The only reason Gogeta is even "possibly" 2-C is because he is faaar stronger than Legendary Broly.
The profile says he should be able to us kioken time 20 with his SSB, sense he fought broly without Kioken wouldn't that mean he could be 20 times then he was then?

Alright. Let me try to explain this with my limited knowledge.

Beerus and Champa fighting would destroy both of their universes. That means both have half the power required to preform a 2-C feat even if they can only preform a Low 2-C feat on their own.This means that if someone is two times stronger then Beerus, or stronger than Beerus and Champa combined, they would be 2-C.

While Jiren is stated to be stronger than a god of destruction, he hasn't been stated to be 2x stronger, which is why they don't have 2-C.

However, I don't really agree with Gogeta getting 2-C from vague statements. I'd say he should be at just Low 2-C.

@zamasu Chan

The thing I gathered from that argument is that it is open for interpretation.

Darkmon cns said:
The profile says he should be able to us kioken time 20 with his SSB, sense he fought broly without Kioken wouldn't that mean he could be 20 times then he was then?
It is possible to use Kaioken for him, but we don't know how much of an effect it will have on the fusion's time limit or his body. Regardless, it also supports the "possibility".

Goku has never seen beerus at full power and for all we know he could be much more powerful than beerus in MUI and he just not know it. Zero is right this is guess work

Also, I thought the statment applyed to any 2 gods of destruction? Including toppo as a 'no difference from a GoD' form, was it decided otherwise?

Are we really questioning weather or not Broly is stronger than Beerus still? Because the way I see it Goku is completely oblivious to Beerus's power and still jerks off Beerus and sees him as this unsurpassable wall. We already know LB Jiren is stronger than Beerus because he's stronger than the initial UI Goku that surpassed this. Frieza, who knows Jiren's power, thinks ssj Broly is the strongest according to the novelization.

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/dragon-ball-super-broly-novel-translations.1158464/

>Saying Goku can be far superior to Beerus when it's said that he is only "maybe" stronger than him, and then saying he can use kaioken on UI

Talk about guesswork.

Anyway, I've added the note.

The thing is

UI Goku, Jiren, Broly and Beerus - These guys are more or less around the same level and the gap between them is much closer.

SSB Gogeta - This guy was portrayed as playing and stomping the guy mentioned above while holding back both in the movie and the novel. Which makes the gap between him and the others much larger (possibly more than 2 times). That's the only reason he even gets a "possibly".

With that I think we should close the thread.

Well... frieza dose say he dosen't think simeone thay can beat broly exists, he dosen't know about the angles or at least not that there stronger then the GoD, tho he should know at least with some common sense the omnikings were destroying those universes in the tournament of power...frieza definitely believed from that novelization that broly was stronger then Beerus, but it's a bit inconsistent with what he should know about the omni king

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back