• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Evidence that Dragon Ball Super is below light speed. (Post from reddit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

• Zamasu and Goku Black getting caught off guard by a gas grenade and it incaps them long enough for Yajirobe to grab Vegeta and escape
I love the fact that he conveniently ignores they were looking in the opposite direction when that grenade was thrown.

• Bulma reacts to a blast from Freeza that's slow enough that Goku doesn't instantly intercept it but just screams
Please, prove that Bulma is reactig to this, and that it's slow.

• Hit can't even cross the length of an arena in 1/10th of a second, objectively subsonic.
Cinematic Time.

• Vegeta gets hit by a gas explosion, because of the flatulence noise that plays before the gas comes out it's probably Methane, not even hypersonic and he needs a ki blast to stop himself from being propelled.
....Is he arguing what I think he is arguing?

No. Seriously.

First point: The Zamasus are overconfident f8cks and didn't anticipate humans supporting other humans. They think humans are worthless.

2nd point: Bulma has been reacting to fighters that exceed Mach speeds since Dragon Ball. It's just PIS and like the comments say, Toriyama not knowing how to science.

3rd point: Its a matter of perspective. If you're 10x FTL but everyone else is 12x FTL, you're going to be relatively slow compared to them. This isn't a point, this is a straight nitpick. I'd like to note that 1 second for a FTL being would be only a few nano or microseconds real time.

4th point: I'm starting to think that this person has NO IDEA how ki amps work. You use ki and buff your stats with it, you're not FTL or MFTL all the time. And that reasoning is stupid anyways since the Steam comes from a being comparable in speed with Vegeta, so the steam would be ejected at MFTL speeds. That's not subsonic. Nothing even implies it's normal steam. It shouldn't, The being shooting out the steam has literal magma in it!

5th point: Taking an ultra casual and sparring Goku with inconsistent artists literally is a bad idea when looking for feats. Remember that Goku was able to slow himself down to the point that he could get tagged by a bullet, despite his child self (that's always ready to fight) casually being able to catch bullets out of the air (He's faster than Roshi who performed said feat).

6th point: besides the questionable canonicity of the manga, that's hilariously bad logic. Just because they fought for an hour doesn't mean they're slow. It's actually more of a feat of stamina. There's no evidence of a "slow fight" here.

7th point: again, out of context. Sound being used by a FTL being would naturally be effective against other FTL beings (remember that DB ignores physics a lot. A single capsule containing a full house with plumbing?). Also, later Dypso gets screwed fighting the high tiers even with his speed so I don't get the Dypso is only FTL thing as the ToP high tiers easily surpass him anyways, making them AT LEAST FTL.

8th point: So you're taking the artists not knowing disparities in character speeds literally? Would that make Batman FTL since he moved at the same speeds as Superman in the cartoons when rushing an enemy? And see my point above about the speed thing.

9th point: P E R S P E C T I V E. Just because everything is slowed down to a crawl so we can enjoy it doesn't mean it isn't fast. Piccolo destroying the moon with a casual ki blast in one second directly contradicts this point.

10th point: Is this guy seriously arguing that because someone is able to smell another character, that the other character is subsonic despite the fact that that isn't how smell works in the first place? Double standards much?

11th point: overconfidence, the fact that they were completely casual with no ki amps, unexpecting humans to actually have the balls to ambush them, I can give plenty more reasons.

12th point: counter point, Hit casually dodges a laser ring from that mob boss by slightly tilting his head with absolute casualness. Even assuming if that's Plasma and not an actual laser, that's Hypersonic at least.

Anand I just realized the person is probably never gonna see my post. Whatever, overall I disagree with absolutely every point.

I noticed that all the FTL feats brought up in the comments were dismissed as travel feats. I'm pretty sure Beerus vs. Champa wasn't just travel feats. They were fighting at that speed.

Generally, to travel at those speeds and not smash into walls and rocks, you generally have to have a reaction speed of similar speed to your travelling speed in order to turn properly. So no, those feats are valid.

All fiction is extremely inconsistent in terms of speed, but we can scaled the high tier characters from Beerus to a certain degree.

LOL this needs to be closed

This should at least get moved to the fun and games board since all these anti feats can be easily disproven and is honestly worth more laugh marks than worth any serious attention.

I don't even know what to do with this thread. Anyway. Closing this. If anyone wants this reopen please contact me in my wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back