• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everything Everywhere All at Once: Evelyn Wang CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, everybody. There is a movie called Everything Everywhere All at Once, and it features two characters with very abstract sets of abilities, including inter dimensional travel and reality warping (which have now become the main focus of this thread). We want to properly power scale these characters, but it is difficult to do so as only a small number of users have seen the film and know the full context of the feats. There are several links listed in the CRT above that showcase all of the feats from the film. Some users have said that the reality warping feats are too casual to make a proper assessment, and others have said that the feats do not appear to be combat applicable. We would greatly benefit from getting more users involved in this discussion, preferably ones familiar with the film, so that we can hear more opinions before proceeding.
Idk if this covers everything, let me know @Antvasima

Hello, everybody. There is a movie called Everything Everywhere All at Once, and it features two characters with very abstract sets of abilities, including inter dimensional travel and reality warping (which have now become the main focus of this thread). We want to properly power scale these characters, but it is difficult to do so as only a small number of users have seen the film and know the full context of the feats. There are several links listed in the CRT above that showcase all of the feats from the film. Some users have said that the reality warping feats are too casual to make a proper assessment, and others have said that the feats do not appear to be combat applicable. We would greatly benefit from getting more users involved in this discussion, preferably ones familiar with the film, so that we can hear more opinions before proceeding.
@DemonGodMitchAubin @Everything12 @Duedate8898 @Planck69 @KingTempest @CrimsonStarFallen @UchihaSlayer96 @Emirp sumitpo @EliminatorVenom

Would any of you be willing to help out here please?

I agree.

Plus Evelyn is missing a good amount of abilities. A few off the top of my head are:

Multilocation Type 2 (She is every version of herself in all timelines)

Inorganic Physiology type 1 and 2 (Can become alternate versions of herself that are a drawing, rock, pinata, stone or alien)

Self-Sustenance all types when turning into inorganic alternate versions of herself

I agree.

Plus Evelyn is missing a good amount of abilities. A few off the top of my head are:

Multilocation Type 2 (She is every version of herself in all timelines)

Inorganic Physiology type 1 and 2 (Can become alternate versions of herself that are a drawing, rock, pinata, stone or alien)

Self-Sustenance all types when turning into inorganic alternate versions of herself
This also another thing. She displays tons of abilities in the film that are currently not on her page!

We're still trying to figure out how to powerscale her based on her reality warping abilities.
And that she's comparable to Jobu Tupaki (who will probably wind up getting a page soon)
This also another thing. She displays tons of abilities in the film that are currently not on her page!
Okay. Can you elaborate further and be more specific please, so it turns easier to evaluate for staff members who have not seen the movie in question?

Okay. Can you elaborate further and be more specific please, so it turns easier to evaluate for staff members who have not seen the movie in question?
Evelyn's reality warping feats (with scans) are linked on the CRT above. I am willing to provide as much context as I can, and I'm sure the same can be said for users on here who have seen the film.

I proposed that Evelyn should be in the multiversal range because she has access to every version of herself in the infinite multiverse - simultaneously - and is said to be on the same level as Jobu Tupaki, who has casually affected the multiverse via her everything bagel (also explained in CRT). Some people have classified this as being mere Environmental Destruction. Another user has pointed out that most of the feats are casual, and that it might be low-balling if we try to powerscale Evelyn based on them, so it would be best to classify her as "Unknown" (I'm paraphrasing so lemme know if this is accurate @SheevShezarrine). We are all still trying to figure out what would be best.

Also, as @Dienomite22 and myself have pointed out, there are many abilities that are not on her page yet (he just listed some in his comment and I also listed a couple in my CRT, and it might help to have more users give there input in case we're missing anything).

@Antvasima

Having seen the movie, I think it fair to scale the two in terms of reality warping since they're in same state and all. Multiversal+ range and potency for most abilities I think is fair.

I do think it probably best to keep the destruction feat of the everything bagel as Environmental Destruction since it is treated as something mostly separate from Jobu.

Besides that, for all the abilities, all that's really needed for me to agree is scans for everything proposed just so we have the proof in the CRT.

Having seen the movie, I think it fair to scale the two in terms of reality warping since they're in same state and all. Multiversal+ range and potency for most abilities I think is fair.

I do think it probably best to keep the destruction feat of the everything bagel as Environmental Destruction since it is treated as something mostly separate from Jobu.

Besides that, for all the abilities, all that's really needed for me to agree is scans for everything proposed just so we have the proof in the CRT.
While it was cut, there is a scene with another Alpha Waymond that heavily implies that aside from there being infinite versions of someone, there are also infinite versions of all those infinite versions, which afaik makes the EEAAO mutliverse Low 1-C in scale

While it was cut, there is a scene with another Alpha Waymond that heavily implies that aside from there being infinite versions of someone, there are also infinite versions of all those infinite versions, which afaik makes the EEAAO mutliverse Low 1-C in scale
Yes, this clip from 4:40-6:00 on YouTube, which weirdly enough features Evelyn as a talking urn (does that also classify as an ability y’all? I feel like it should).

I'm still relatively new here but do the links from the CRT count as "scans?"

I really don't think a deleted scene is to be considered for scaling purposes, unless I'm missin' something?

I really don't think a deleted scene is to be considered for scaling purposes, unless I'm missin' something?
It was cut primarily for pacing as opposed to clashing with the tone or logic of the movie, and there's hold-overs from the scene that remain in the movie, such as Alpha Evelyn's ashes being an alternate self Evelyn can access and there being multiple versions of alternate selves, such as there being normal Kung Fu Evelyn and Kung Fu Evelyn with the superhuman pinkies

It was cut primarily for pacing as opposed to clashing with the tone or logic of the movie, and there's hold-overs from the scene that remain in the movie, such as Alpha Evelyn's ashes being an alternate self Evelyn can access and there being multiple versions of alternate selves, such as there being normal Kung Fu Evelyn and Kung Fu Evelyn with the superhuman pinkies
If those hold-overs don't support it, I still wouldn't include it. It's not really different from video game cut content- shit can be removed just because it wasn't prepared in time, or because it led to bloat, etc etc. Doesn't mean we can include it. Wouldn't think it right to do so here.

Thank you for helping out.

What Duedate8898 accepted can probably be applied then, if Bambu does not mind.

Aye, by all means.

I think we're ready to start revising the page, unless anyone has objections.

There are just a couple more things:

1.) When we change her AP and Tier to "Multiverse+," how should we phrase the justification?

2.) Should her current "notable victories and losses" be removed? All of her opponents are Tier 9

3.) Are there any more abilities than what we've listed in this CRT that should be added?

I should note that Duedate did not agree with 2-A AP, just Environmental Destruction. They agreed to abilities having that range and potential potency.

Yes, given this is a considerable upgrade, all of her current matches would need removed.

Yeah sure, Bambu was on the dot with what I meant. I don't think we should give just pure 2-A for AP, instead give the tier with the Everything Bagel as environmental destruction.
So what would that look like? Also, we don't have Jobu's profile on here yet, just Evelyn's. Would we still use the Everything Bagel on her profile?

Well her AP would just be whatever those calcs that were approved came out to be. While within her abilities, it be noted they work with 2-A potency. Since Evelyn never makes an Everything Bagel it would only go on Jobu's profile.

I've seen the movie. I think Evelyn, would qualify more for more unknown in terms of AP, outside the calcs. They never warped an entire spacetime.

She should definitely have 2-A range.
The Everything bagel is definitely environmental destruction.

Can Evelyn get AP from pulling someone out of the Everything Bagel's vortex?

I want to argue that she should get toon force, as well as causality manipulation

I've seen the movie. I think Evelyn, would qualify more for more unknown in terms of AP, outside the calcs. They never warped an entire spacetime.

I want to argue that she should get toon force, as well as causality manipulation
^thoughts?

@Duedate8898 @Mr._Bambu

What do you think about this?

Bump and also would the verse count as low 1-C on account of the fact that every small decision branches off and creates another universe? For example, "burner" universes can be created by taking the stairs instead of the elevator, going home instead of staying at the office, etc.

That sounds like 2-A to me.

What Bambu and Duedate have accepted here so far can probably be applied now.

What, if anything, still need to be evaluated here in addition to that?

What Bambu and Duedate have accepted here so far can probably be applied now.

What, if anything, still need to be evaluated here in addition to that?
The main thing is her AP still. I and several other users have posited that it would be best to label her AP as "unknown" (for the power-up she gets during the second part of the movie) because we don't really see the full extent of what she can do. Also, there was the question of whether or not she can get any AP from pulling someone out of the Everything Bagel.

Also Also, and this is more of a minor thing, but would she qualify for Nigh-Omnipresence? She exists everywhere in the multiverse in some capacity, and has instantaneous access to every one of those versions of herself.

The main thing is her AP still. I and several other users have posited that it would be best to label her AP as "unknown" (for the power-up she gets during the second part of the movie) because we don't really see the full extent of what she can do. Also, there was the question of whether or not she can get any AP from pulling someone out of the Everything Bagel.
I am fine with giving her unknown base statistics if that is the generally agreed conclusion here supported by our staff members.
Also Also, and this is more of a minor thing, but would she qualify for Nigh-Omnipresence? She exists everywhere in the multiverse in some capacity, and has instantaneous access to every one of those versions of herself.
I think that Multilocation type 2 seems to fit better.

I am fine with giving her unknown base statistics if that is the generally agreed conclusion here supported by our staff members.
We still need input from the staff on that, maybe Duedate could provide some if they're available. Is the pulling-somebody-out-of-the-Everything-Bagel feat viable for AP-related scaling?
I think that Multilocation type 2 seems to fit better.
That makes way more sense, thanks Ant!

You're still probably better off getting Duedate to give input on that, as Duedate knows about what they're talking about. I'm working through layers of interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back