• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everything Everywhere All at Once: Evelyn Wang CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're still probably better off getting Duedate to give input on that, as Duedate knows about what they're talking about. I'm working through layers of interpretation.
Okay. That is unfortunate.

@Duedate8898

What do you think about this?

Ok, I think that answers pretty much everything for me. @Iamunanimousinthat did you still have anything you wanted to say about toon force and causality manipulation?
Yes, jabu was able to use causality manipulation to change the outcome of a bullet shooting her to organic ketchup. She was also able to turn make a real gun shoot out bubbles.

evelyn should scale to that, especially with the staircase scene, where she is able to change the actions of the people she is fighting and pacify them.

Yes, jabu was able to use causality manipulation to change the outcome of a bullet shooting her to organic ketchup. She was also able to turn make a real gun shoot out bubbles.

evelyn should scale to that, especially with the staircase scene, where she is able to change the actions of the people she is fighting and pacify them.
I'm all for giving Evelyn more abilities because, well, she's a freaking powerhouse, but I think most of what Jobu displayed in that police battle was reality warping. In a deleted scene, Evelyn has a perfect example of causality manipulation () but I don't think we're allowed to use it. Just my opinion though

I'm all for giving Evelyn more abilities because, well, she's a freaking powerhouse, but I think most of what Jobu displayed in that police battle was reality warping. In a deleted scene, Evelyn has a perfect example of causality manipulation () but I don't think we're allowed to use it. Just my opinion though

Causality Manipulation is under reality warping. Like turning the outcome of getting shot into ketchup is legit basic Causality manipulation.

"The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect."

Causality Manipulation is under reality warping. Like turning the outcome of getting shot into ketchup is legit basic Causality manipulation.

"The user can redirect any cause to any effect, undo anything by inverting the relation cause/effect, or even separate them entirely, making a specific effect impossible to be caused or a specific cause not producing any effect."
Yeah, I still think the feats were more abstract than that. Like she literally turned her blood into ketchup and vaped out of a gun. I don't really think she was manipulating the outcome of anything more than rewriting reality itself as she went along. But that's just my take, if others agree that it qualifies as causality manipulation, I'm all for it. What about the toon force? I'm sure there are a couple examples but I'm blanking on it.

What about the toon force? I'm sure there are a couple examples but I'm blanking on it.
Toon force is just being able to warp reality for comedic purposes. The fight scene in the hallway where she turns things into ****** and other stuff should count.

I can see a Toon Force and Causality Manipulation vis reality warping working well on the profile.

So have you reached any conclusions/agreements here?

Okay, and can you write an explanation post regarding what still needs to be evaluated here please?

Okay, and can you write an explanation post regarding what still needs to be evaluated here please?
Sure, we have pretty much decided that Evelyn can be classified as "Unknown" tier wise, with 2-A range concerning her abilities. Iamunanimousinthat and I are having a minor discussion about if Evelyn qualifies for Causality Manipulation and Toon Force by virtue of her being comparable to Jobu, but other than that, everything appears to be settled. I think we are pretty much ready to start finalizing the changes to Evelyn's page, if that's ok.

Sure, we have pretty much decided that Evelyn can be classified as "Unknown" tier wise, with 2-A range concerning her abilities. Iamunanimousinthat and I are having a minor discussion about if Evelyn qualifies for Causality Manipulation and Toon Force by virtue of her being comparable to Jobu, but other than that, everything appears to be settled. I think we are pretty much ready to start finalizing the changes to Evelyn's page, if that's ok.
Okay. Thank you for the reply.

@Duedate8898 @Mr._Bambu

What do you think about causality manipulation and toon force?

My opinion ought to be secondary to Duedate's on this matter, but I don't particularly agree with Causality Manipulation for that description, no.

Just to be clear, I will edit her Tier to be Unknown, 2-A with abilities and her AP to be Unknown, Multiverse level+ with abilities.

Also, is it reasonable to give her Supersonic+ reaction speed from the bullet-stopping feat?

Please let me know if this sounds good, @Duedate8898

Is there an accepted calculation blog for her speed feat?

Just to be clear, I will edit her Tier to be Unknown, 2-A with abilities and her AP to be Unknown, Multiverse level+ with abilities.

Also, is it reasonable to give her Supersonic+ reaction speed from the bullet-stopping feat?

Please let me know if this sounds good, @Duedate8898
Is there an accepted calculation blog for her speed feat?
I don't believe so, however there is a scan of the feat in the CRT
Hmm. You preferably need an accepted calculation blog for the feat.

Would you be willing to calculate it please, @Mr._Bambu ?
@Mr._Bambu

Hey, sorry.

That's not really a speed feat, now that I look at it. She steps in front of people before the guns fire and the bullets sort of just... stop, due to her powers.

Thank you for the input. That can probably not be used to scale from then.

It's fine if it can't be used, but is there really no reactionary aspect of it at all?
I don't think so, no. Even she seems surprised the things stopped, I suspect it's one of those "I psychically stop whatever is coming within this spot" things, which doesn't really require a reaction speed any more than a brick wall requires a reaction speed to stop something.

I don't think so, no. Even she seems surprised the things stopped, I suspect it's one of those "I psychically stop whatever is coming within this spot" things, which doesn't really require a reaction speed any more than a brick wall requires a reaction speed to stop something.
That makes sense, thanks. Is that classified as an ability on here? Also can anything be calced from her re-launching the bullets?

All still fits under Telekinesis, which I presume she has. I suppose the argument exists for Instinctive Reaction but I don't think there's enough context to justify that soundly, imo.

All still fits under Telekinesis, which I presume she has. I suppose the argument exists for Instinctive Reaction but I don't think there's enough context to justify that soundly, imo.
I think that she qualifies for both Instinctive Reaction and Telekinesis, I mean the way that she stopped the bullets seemed very reflexive like you said. If it's not a reaction speed feat I think Instinctive Reaction or Forcefield Creation would be accurate.
I think Evelyn can get an attack speed rating for her telekinesis though, since she redirected the googly eyes at similar speeds to the bullets
^I think so too! Also any form of speed from the feat would obviously be prefaced with "with telekinesis"

I'm not trying to be a pain in the butt with all these revisions but I think Evelyn should also get Time Manipulation and Space Manipulation on account of her scaling to Jobu, who can alter both as seen in the wrestling clip and the "punch my face" clip.

Also Also, what do we think about Immortality Type 5? Evelyn, like Jobu, has access to herself in every universe. Like, she can jump to a universe where she already died and is a talking urn.

Last edited:
I think that she qualifies for both Instinctive Reaction and Telekinesis, I mean the way that she stopped the bullets seemed very reflexive like you said. If it's not a reaction speed feat I think Instinctive Reaction or Forcefield Creation would be accurate.

^I think so too! Also any form of speed from the feat would obviously be prefaced with "with telekinesis"
I think there's a couple issues with Instinctive Reaction. She does not technically react to them at all- it's just that her telekinesis automatically snatches the bullets out of the air. So I think Telekinesis alone is fine. It isn't really Forcefield Creation to use telekinesis to drop things out of the air.

Attack speed is probably fine.

If Evelyn doesn't show a trait, I don't know if we ought to scale her to others who do, but that should be evaluated by Duedate as no evidence has been posted to give me context. The Immortality type you're describing is probably closer to 6.

I think there's a couple issues with Instinctive Reaction. She does not technically react to them at all- it's just that her telekinesis automatically snatches the bullets out of the air. So I think Telekinesis alone is fine. It isn't really Forcefield Creation to use telekinesis to drop things out of the air.
To me it looks like she either reflexively stopped the bullets or her telekinesis is on autopilot, either or seems pretty close to Instinctive Reaction to me. "The actions need to be done through muscle memory, instinct, or any other means separated from the user's regular consciousness, like automatic magic that triggers on its own" is what the page says.
The Immortality type you're describing is probably closer to 6.
I think 6 works but I would also say 5 -There are theoretically infinite versions of Evelyn at all times, so nothing can really kill her aside from Existence Erasure via Everything Bagel

I disagree, but nothing else really needs said. She doesn't do anything besides hope that works, and it does. I don't think it was genuine Instinctive Reaction.

That's... not really what defines Type 5. There being too many iterations of her doesn't qualify her for Type 5.

I disagree, but nothing else really needs said. She doesn't do anything besides hope that works, and it does. I don't think it was genuine Instinctive Reaction.
I respect your opinion, but I'm still of my own. It would be nice to get some more input on this
That's... not really what defines Type 5. There being too many iterations of her doesn't qualify her for Type 5.
My main point is that, because Evelyn has become a multiversal hivemind instead of just one person, she can't really be "killed." There will always be infinite versions of her at any given moment, she will constantly exist in some way. I'm not too familiar with Type 5 immortality, but it sounds fairly similar to what I just described.

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. But that's not really what Type 5 is. Of the immortalities, Type 5 is the most esoteric of them, so I find it difficult to explain. But having infinite otherselves isn't it. Type 6 is perfectly fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back