• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everyone is bored, not only Earl

Why should this power null affect Kakine? They are 2 completely different powers, and verse equalization makes Ogami a magic side character, unless he has a IB-like mechanism, he isn't nulling DM.

Also, Normal Kakine has an area around his body that he can control all phenomenons that happen inside that with his DM, if i understood that correctly, he should be able to create DM at any place inside this Area (i.e inside Ogami)

XDragnoir said:
Why should this power null affect Kakine? They are 2 completely different powers, and verse equalization makes Ogami a magic side character, unless he has a IB-like mechanism, he isn't nulling DM
He burns anything supernatural why would it not null DM?

Wasn't you the one who said IB can't null souls because it technically never happened? So, has Ogami ever nulled anything close to what DM and Espers are?

They are law and probability hax users, while Ogami's and his verse's powers are done using life force, no?

He would probably destroy the DM that the flame touches, but how long can he keep up the flame barrier around him ?

XDragnoir said:
They are reality warpers and probability manipulators, while Ogami's and his verse's powers are done using life force, no?
Yeah so? That is just the medium. Ogami's verse has time and space hax.

Spatial Manipulation, Absorption, Electricity Manipulation, Hellfire Manipulation, Ice Manipulation, Light Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Acid Manipulation, Animated Shadow, Shadow Manipulation, Sound Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Acupuncture, Pressure Points, Air Manipulation

These are all the shown powers in the verse. The abilities being life dependant is a bit weird cus even people who have their life literally stolen from them (lack life) can use their powers and can have them nulled.

Being able to null time and space hax only means that he can null... time and space hax, and since everything he does is equalized to index magic (because the mechanism is close enough), he can't null something which works in a completely different way, and if he can, there is still DM across the whole city.

Xdrag, he means if he create a flame barrier around him, how can DM pass through it ? It would still get erased , the fact is how long can he keep it up, how far from his body is, is it omnidirectional (even ground )?

Again, you just said they can reality warp (which time and space hax do fall in the category). But not what kind of mechanism makes them so unique.

@Malox

He can create flames anywhere if he wishes to do so. Even several meters around his body.

Or fusing with his flames is also a thing.

I immagine It i saw the profile, but what he does normally an how long can he kept it up ?

Cause 1 if there is a significant gap between him and the barrier kekine can just create DM in that gap, 2 if he is on the ground the barrier obvs is not defending him from that so any attacks from bellow would pass 3 kakine stamina is infinite he can just wait till he puts the barrier down

Okay, i ddited, now it says Law and Proba hax, better? Also, conceptual hax is also a subset of RW, are you going to say Ogami can null that because he nulled space and time subsets of RW?

XDragnoir said:
Okay, i ddited, now it says Law and Proba hax, better? Also, conceptual hax is also a subset of RW, are you going to say Ogami can null that because he nulled space and time subsets of RW?
No, i never mentioned he'd power null those stuff. But again, he will not null prob, law and concept hax. Doesn't mean that he can't power null absorption from a dude who also has law hax in his arsenal.

Malox1696 said:
I immagine It i saw the profile, but what he does normally an how long can he kept it up ?
Cause 1 if there is a significant gap between him and the barrier kekine can just create DM in that gap, 2 if he is on the ground the barrier obvs is not defending him from that so any attacks from bellow would pass 3 kakine stamina is infinite he can just wait till he puts the barrier down
1. The flames can touch his body just fine, they don't affect him.

2. It's not a barrier, it's just him being covered in flames then again, what attacks?

3. I mean he knows about DM so he will just do some nuke shit even under ground just fine.

Everything an esper does with their powers is because law and prob hax, so, this should extend to DM since it is Kakine's power.

Scrlk666777 said:
No he didn't.
Toaru Majutsu no Index New Testament 6 Chapter 7 Part 4

"Do you really not remember? You really are a heartless bastard. You took so very many lives yet you don't even bother to remember them?"

Something like a small thorn stabbed into Accelerator's mind.

But it was too late.

Kakine Teitoku who controlled Academy City's #2 Level 5 power of Dark Matter took his next action.

"Ha ha! This was one of those stages! This was one of the stages for those repeated experiments where you massacred human clones while going on about being the strongest or invincible or whatever!!"

"You don't mean…!!" shouted Accelerator as he recalled that Kakine Teitoku had the power to create anything that was lacking.

But the change had already begun.

Some white substance that could not be called a liquid or a solid suddenly spread out in every direction from where Kakine Teitoku stood. The substance's surface undulated, rose up, and took on new form.

Accelerator knew that form very well.

The form was modeled off of the clones who were themselves modeled off of a certain girl.

The Sisters.

The people Accelerator had once killed during those cruel experiments. They symbolized his sins.

He could tell his vision was growing unsteady. He could not stop it.

Several girls with the exact same face tilted their heads in puzzlement, stared at their hands, moved their eyes that held little emotion, and otherwise checked on their situation.

And their lips moved.

They moved.

"Misaka has encountered the food known as ramen. The best type is tonkotsu with thin noodles, analyzes Misaka."

"No, no. Shio ramen with soft noodles is the true delicacy. Does Misaka have to kick your ass? asks Misaka as she grabs your collar."

"Don't you dare confuse shio ramen with shio butter ramen, says Misaka as she joins the fray to prove which is the best."

It was so out of place.

The way those expressionless girls lightly hit at each other while inadvertently revealing their midriffs and flipping up their skirts wore horribly at Accelerator's nerves.

They were not just dolls.

They breathed, had a pulse, and had the warmth of life just like any other person.

And he had…

He had…

"Oh, it isn't like these are actually them."

The innocent scuffle suddenly ended as if some switch had been thrown.

Their heads turned and the emotionless camera lenses of their eyes stared directly at Accelerator.

Something huge had forcibly interfered to make them ignore their individual beliefs.

It was as if…

As if some kind of experiment had begun.

"Not even I can fix someone that has completely died. Nor can I make something completely identical to them," said Kakine Teitoku with a grin. It was the type of grin that would never have appeared on his face had he obtained what he truly needed. "This is why I chose this location. I suppose you could call it 'residual thought'. At any rate, I have taken in all the information remaining in these areas and given them shape. There are plenty of ways to read thoughts, but for me it's like a record or a CD. I run Dark Matter across the tiny ups and downs on the surfaces of materials to obtain the information. The event that once happened here left its mark in ways too tiny for the eye to see. The record of those vibrations allows me to replay their final moments."

They were nothing but imitations.

yes he did , here clones without powers of the sister, and later he create a new esper with power in nt 8 for othinus spears

Still doesn't mean he can copy powers not from espers, Ogami is a magician by index standards, Kakine has 0 feats of copying that.

Firephoenixearl said:
1. The flames can touch his body just fine, they don't affect him.

2. It's not a barrier, it's just him being covered in flames then again, what attacks?

3. I mean he knows about DM so he will just do some nuke shit even under ground just fine.
that's why i asked if the barrier had gaps, while he does have knowldge about DM he does not full knowldge of the user, he just knows how the power work not if it's put in space, underground ,etc, and he needs to remove all particles too

I didn't say he can't create clones, learn to read. I said he can't create clones with powers, that is not something he has been shown to do, not even in NT8. In NT8 it's Othinus that lends the "Holistic" Esper power not Kakine, he just creates it but he can't give it power. Try using things Kakine can actually do and not what he cannot do. And actually learn to read so you don't waste putting a bunch of useless text on here that means absolutely nothing.

He can creates clones but he can't create a perfect replica of someone and their powers, that is out of Kakine's reach.

XDragnoir said:
Still doesn't mean he can copy powers not from espers, Ogami is a magician by index standards, Kakine has 0 feats of copying that.
this is why i asked if what type of power he had at the start

Scrlk666777 said:
I didn't say he can't create clones, learn to read. I said he can't create clones with powers, that is not something he has been shown to do, not even in NT8. In NT8 it's Othinus that lends the "Holistic" Esper power not Kakine, he just creates it but he can't give it power. Try using things Kakine can actually do and not what he cannot do. And actually learn to read so you don't waste putting a bunch of useless text on here that means absolutely nothing.
He can creates clones but he can't create a perfect replica of someone and their powers, that is out of Kakine's reach.
mmmhhh what ? no it's kekine that creates it, on order of othinus and bersi instructions

"Gh…gbh!? Gagugh!!"
"I see everything is on schedule."
"This is the scientific material needed to fill the gap magic left in the construction of the lance. Any pure specimen tough enough to withstand the development into a holistic esper can be used, so Fräulein Kreutune specifically is not needed. We do not need any combat ability from the device that produces the material."
The eyepatch-wearing girl and the gloomy man exchanged a few short words.

Dark Matter that resembled a carpet or flower petals spread out in the eight directions around a beautiful white girl. All of it, including the girl standing in the center, was a single system. Gungnir could not be completely constructed even with the use of every kind of magic. This was the result of reaching into the realm of science to forcibly fill that technical gap.
At its essence, it was a simple device.
It had a human form but no mind. It could not really be called a living being. There was no fire in the furnace. As soon as their objective was achieved, this hollow doll would be destroyed and disappear.
"My role is complete," said a gloomy man.
He went by two names: Bersi and Kihara Kagun.
He had just finished stabbing the final of countless cables into the eight giant flower petals stretching from the girl's feet.
"This holistic esper and everything else are Marian Slingeneyer's territory. I see nothing more I must do. Give me my next instruction."

othinus is the whole ritual acted only once to stop the holistic esper from dying before the ritual is complete that's it

@Malox

Once again you have proven nothing. All this tells us was that he created a girl, nothing more. It doesn't say he gave her any powers, and the reason for this is because he couldn't. Now why don't you actually try and provide actual proof instead of this BS.

>says the holistic esper is complete

>no he did not do it

why do u have such a hate boner for kakine ?

the text clearly says the holistic esper is complete and othinus did nothing, only that bersi directed kekine to create the holistic esper they wanted

You really do need to learn to read. Where did I say he didn't do it at all? I said that he can't give clones powers which you have yet to proof otherwise. All you've proven is what we already know, is that Kakine can create clones but can't give them actual powers, as I said that's out of Kakine's reach.

No it's you who likes to over-hype kakine and give him abilities that he does not process. I mean you even tried to give him magic at one point.

Kakine has already got a lot of good powers that will work against Ogami, there is no need for you to make stuff up to suit your agenda.

this is why i asked what type of power it was, if he could recreate it he could just make a copy of the opponent and give him that power (so that it can be used optimally) it would still just be an empty copy with a power, with verse equalization is possible to do it

It doesn't matter what power Ogami has because Kakine won't be able to replicate it regardless when creating a clone.

Scrlk and Malox clearly doesn't like each other, for real this is the 7th time i see this happening, and it was funny all the 7 times.

Now can we go back to Kakine vs Ogami? Would outliving be a valid win con here?

Firephoenixearl said:
He knows basic things about DM (powers, nature), sending DM underground isn't included in what he knows because it isn't a DM's trait to be underground, it is something Kakine can do, and Ogami would need to figure it by himself, but also how much he would need to nuke (i don't know how deep underground a country's territory extends) and when all the particles would be destroyed.

@XDragnoir

What? I don't dislike Malox, I don't know what gave you that idea.

Doesn't Ogami have type 4 immortaility? Wouldn't that mean both Kakine and Ogami can outlive each other?

It is mainly because you 2 rarely agree in anything, even small things.

Yeah, but what exactly is the Emperor? The 2 could possibly incon if the Emperor can be used infinite times.

Back