• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hive Mind for Kakine

Aseka

He/Him
Proposal: Hive Mind should be added for Kakine Teitoku
Reason: With Dark Matter Network, Kakine spread his will to each duplicate, so each Dark Matter can have it's personality. As seen with Beetle 05 whom own his own personality.
  • Dark Matter Network: All Dark Matter created by Kakine is connected to his will, as seen with him affecting Byouri Kihara's Dark Matter implants from Academy City while she was in Eastern Europe. This allows him to perceive the world and act from any of his Dark Matter. Destroying individual pieces of Dark Matter is useless. Trying to damage the whole by interacting with an individual block is also ineffective, as there's no direct connection between Dark Matter blocks (it freely communicates and transmits signals between each "block" without any "wires") so an attack cannot reach the rest without being cut off. However, other Dark Matter users can interfere with the network, and other specialized espers like Takitsubo Rikou might be capable of doing the same.

To support this proposal:
Dark Matter Beings: Kakine Teitoku is capable of creating an army of hundreds of Dark Matter beings, which are all connected to his Dark Matter Network. Kakine does this by splitting his own personality into independent minds that can join back together into a single consciousness when he joins back together. They all follow the wishes of the existence known as Kakine Teitoku, even though there's no actual large consciousness controlling them, because they are all the individual known as Kakine Teitoku. Because of this, even if the Dark Matter Network is jammed, the individual pieces can act on their own and will follow the will of the original.

Erm, as far as I understand, Kakine doesn't exactly fit the description, due to splitting consciousness into separate pieces.
But I think this is qualified for type 2
Type 2: Multi-Minded: A shared mind between multiple instances, each with their own unique personality and consciousnesses. They are able to act on their own accord individually, but share more baser instincts like knowledge, stimuli, and reactions.

I believe he doesn't qualify for Type 1 since it's stated that Kakine duplicates aren't a single consciousness nor do they qualify for Type 2 since each Beetle 05 is given the same stable personality. They also independently decided to aid Fremea since they aren't following orders from a queen ant.
“But that also means I do not particularly need my primary consciousness. Unlike the
Misaka Network, each individual unit is not controlled by one large consciousness and
each individual personality is not given importance either. The more I split apart, the
more my consciousness is split apart into independent minds and they join back
together into a single consciousness when I join back together. If you break a cookie in
two, it still tastes the same and it regains its original form if you place the two pieces
back together.”

This was the exact opposite of the Sisters and the Misaka Network where a problem with
one portion of the network risked affecting all of them.

He could split apart as many times as necessary while retaining a sense of his self and he
could still produce the same stable personality down to the last piece.

“No matter how much I split apart or how much I cut off, I continue to be Kakine
Teitoku. When I detected that Fremea Seivelun was being led here, the almost 50 insect-
sized versions of myself that had split off all decided independently to come here and
search for any danger. And even at that size, cutting a cord is not difficult.”

Then again, thoughtlessly splitting himself apart like that presented a risk of the
malicious portion of Kakine Teitoku appearing concentrated in a single independent
piece.
  • Shinyaku Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 7 Chapter 4 Part 7
Additionally, Hive mind introduces a weakness that you can affect the whole by affecting a singular. That is explicitly not a weakness for Kakine.

Weaknesses​

If a user's single instance is captured, there are multiple negative occurrences that could happen. They could have their battle tactics revealed or be corrupted fully through their captured instance. Also, multiple entities working under one singular consciousness may be overwhelming for the singular consciousness.

Kakine is weird.

Edit: Maybe Type 1 would apply to his Post-revival version, but it wouldn't for his Beetle 05 version(per the scan I posted), so you'd have to split the keys for this one particular ability if he were to qualify. I'd have to recheck because I don't remember if Post-revival commanded all the duplicates with a single consciousness or if they behave like Beetle 05 and were just all given the same personality and independently decide on what to do.

Kinda like Funny Valentine now that I think about it. All the Valentines we've seen have the same(or at least very similar) personality and goal, but we wouldn't call that a Hive Mind.

Last edited:
Hmmm... personally I would think it still fits to the outer borders of Type 2. With a small note to explain the unique circumstances it should be fine to list IMO. They are each individuals with a separate consciousness, but share Kakine's personality as "more baser instincts". And IIRC the current "true" Kakine can generally control the others if they are within range.

Note that the weakness listed on the Hive Mind page doesn't necessarily apply. Weaknesses on the P&A pages are just lists of common limitations, not ones necessarily shared between all users.

Hmmm... personally I would think it still fits to the outer borders of Type 2. With a small note to explain the unique circumstances it should be fine to list IMO. They are each individuals with a separate consciousness, but share Kakine's personality as "more baser instincts". And IIRC the current "true" Kakine can generally control the others if they are within range.

Note that the weakness listed on the Hive Mind page doesn't necessarily apply. Weaknesses on the P&A pages are just lists of common limitations, not ones necessarily shared between all users.
So you agree with it?

Yeah, personally I think with an explanation it should fit.

Back