• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule The World 2: Electric Boogaloo RP Thread 2

CrimsonStarFallen said:
[The way to win was to just run away.

You didn't have to fight. It was clear you were in a disadvantage by being in a dark alley.

If you had come out of the alley, you wouldn't have to be in this situation.]
[Except you A. Had Omni lie to us and B. Told us we were blocked off, being misleading about our situation]

[You could have run when you realised you were fighting an intangible monster that was absorbing everything you threw at it]

[Multiple times was the exit to the alley mentioned. Multiple times was it mentioned the Shadow was stretching towards it. And none of you did anything! Instead, you tried to fight it! Hell, you didn't even need to fight it, as far as you were concerned in character, all you needed to do was get the girl to her destinatio]

[Absolutely false. The shadow was said to have blocked off all exits, and we didn't know what it could do because we can't metagame]

Yobobojojo said:
[Except you A. Had Omni lie to us and B. Told us we were blocked off, being misleading about our situation]
[A) that wasn't Omni. That was me. That was Rose, using the knowledge that omni told everyone there would be more powers to bait you into following and protecting me. Omni was not involved. I pretended I was possessed by him. Get it?]

[B) he told you the entrance was blocked, and multiple times stated that The Shadow was moving to block off the exit as well. Not that it already had.]

Monarch Laciel said:
[You could have run when you realised you were fighting an intangible monster that was absorbing everything you threw at it]

[Multiple times was the exit to the alley mentioned. Multiple times was it mentioned the Shadow was stretching towards it. And none of you did anything! Instead, you tried to fight it! Hell, you didn't even need to fight it, as far as you were concerned in character, all you needed to do was get the girl to her destinatio]
[Except not only was everything that Omni said utter crud, which wpshould never had occurred, but we were misled based on Crimson's descriptions into a situation we had no way out of.

And thank you for proving my fears correct about Sakura]

Monarch Laciel said:
Yobobojojo said:
[A) that wasn't Omni. That was me. That was Rose, using the knowledge that omni told everyone there would be more powers to bait you into following and protecting me. Omni was not involved. I pretended I was possessed by him. Get it?]
[B) he told you the entrance was blocked, and multiple times stated that The Shadow was moving to block off the exit as well. Not that it already had.]
[A) doesn't matter, Crimson had your PC say it

[B) he said ALL EXITS were blocked right at the start]

[Except we would have no clue of that, as we are the Pc's rather then the actual players, not to mention it was Crimson who said it.

Also a misleading fact, and in that case he should have never used the term surrounded.]

Hl3 or bust said:
[A) doesn't matter, Crimson had your PC say it

[B) he said ALL EXITS were blocked right at the start]
[A) yes, because if I said it you'd know it was me. "The GM was controlling the player" no, I asked him to say that for me. I told him what to say.]

[B) quote that for me, because all I see if Yobo mistakenly saying ""Well, looks like we're surrounded. So, what tricks do you have up your sleeve?"" when he was only told the Shadow was behind him]

[As you enter the alleyway, the girl turns around with her eyes blank. She says "This is Omni speaking. I am possessing this girl. Deliver this girl alive and well to her destination, and you will be rewarded"

Immediately after she goes back to normal "I just want to go home to be with my family" she says.

Look at this. This was Crimson's quote. We had no clue, and for all intents and purposes it was a lie.

Furthermore, you were able to use your PC in ways you normally couldn't because "lolGM"]

[Please show me were i said that. I don't remember saying that.

If you show me where i said that, i will release your PCs]

[A) yes, because if I said it you'd know it was me. "The GM was controlling the player" no, I asked him to say that for me. I told him what to say.]

[B) quote that for me, because all I see if Yobo mistakenly saying ""Well, looks like we're surrounded. So, what tricks do you have up your sleeve?"" when he was only told the Shadow was behind him]

[And What? We were supposed to know this? If we didn't, how would our PC's have?

Because the placement was never correctly specified by the Gm and was confusing because of PC placement]

[I'm in a fight I'm fairly certain I'm not winning while you were just standing there. Others are unhappy about monarch's attempt killing them.]

[Please show me were i said that. I don't remember saying that.

If you show me where i said that, i will release your PCs]

[Fallacy boi. That's only half the argument, and you're ignoring the other half]

Torlikoff said:
[I'm in a fight I'm fairly certain I'm not winning while you were just standing there. Others are unhappy about monarch's attempt killing them.]
[I was unable to respond.]

[Monarch's PC was given a inherent advantage, and not only that, but even we weren't given knowledge on what attacks were used, something that should absolutely never happen with a Pc]

CrimsonStarFallen said:
[I still want you to show me where did i say "All exists were blocked" right at the start.]
[I will, but you're also blatantly ignoring the violation of basic logic used here. Besides, even without that, I explained why we were placed in a unfair situation either way.]

[@Yobo and Hl3,

[First, Yobbo was explitly told the positioning of the shadows. Behind you, to your left and right, and a bit above you at the top of the alley. You were later told that the ground below you was also filled with shadow. You were also told that the shadow was moving towards the other exit to block it off, not that it already had. And you were told that multiple times, that it was still trying to block with other side. You were the one who used the word "surrounded"]

[Second, I used false flesh to change my appearance, bought some new clothes, then baited Hl3. All of this was at my control, my command. The fact that the GM told you all my actions as the girl doesn't make it bullshit. It makes it that he was telling you what you would have seen and known at the time]

BB8B3CAC-C07D-4AEE-AFDD-16993628C88A
[Even If we assume you were correct, we were inherently placed in a situation with unclear directions. Both my PC and his were in separate positions, and descriptions of which way we faced as well as where the shadows were were unclear.]

Monarch Laciel said:
[@Yobo and Hl3,

[First, Yobbo was explitly told the positioning of the shadows. Behind you, to your left and right, and a bit above you at the top of the alley. You were later told that the ground below you was also filled with shadow. You were also told that the shadow was moving towards the other exit to block it off, not that it already had. And you were told that multiple times, that it was still trying to block with other side. You were the one who used the word "surrounded"]

[Second, I used false flesh to change my appearance, bought some new clothes, then baited Hl3. All of this was at my control, my command. The fact that the GM told you all my actions as the girl doesn't make it bullshit. It makes it that he was telling you what you would have seen and known at the time]
[Already explained. We would have to give our PC's knowledge they didn't have based on their position to be able to use that to escape.

No, it is most definitely bullshit, as otherwise you would have had to have denoted that you had done those actions, giving us something to work with, which did not occur here.]

Yobobojojo said:
[Because that's literal bull shit. We wouldn't be able to do anything, and we didn't have the knowledge that would let us escape]
[You were given that the exit was still open, which is something you would have known as a PC, and you were not given the knowledge of what the Shadow's powers were, because you would not have known that as a PC. Where is the bullshit?]

[You were given that the exit was still open, which is something you would have known as a PC, and you were not given the knowledge of what the Shadow's powers were, because you would not have known that as a PC. Where is the bullshit?]

[Except our position means that we would have no way of taking advantage of this, and we would have at least been able to sense that you were a fake]

Yobobojojo said:
BB8B3CAC-C07D-4AEE-AFDD-16993628C88A
[Even If we assume you were correct, we were inherently placed in a situation with unclear directions. Both my PC and his were in separate positions, and descriptions of which way we faced as well as where the shadows were were unclear.]
[No, the description was given quite clearly]

[Behind and beside you, Samuel, who was facing into the alley. And as soon as Hl3 brought it to our attention that he, Hans, was backing into the alley, we accounted for it by saying Hl3 could also see the shadow because he was looking right at it]

[No, the description was given quite clearly]

[Behind and beside you, Samuel, who was facing into the alley. And as soon as Hl3 brought it to our attention that he, Hans, was backing into the alley, we accounted for it by saying Hl3 could also see the shadow because he was looking right at it]

[Except that not only would that require mental gymnastics to discern with what little we were given, but that we both expressed multiple times these instruction were unclear and hard to understand]

[Furthermore, Crimson's descriptions could have easily applied to both of us at times, and was clearly not specific]

[He literally messaged you to give you a description of where the shadow was relative to you]

[And then when Hl3 said he could also see the shadow because he was facing you and could thus see behind you, we said Ok]

[How on earth does it require mental gymnastics to understand that means that it's at the entrance?]

[Except he didn't. He gave me what was essentially "You're in trouble now, get ready to fight"

Except that it was unclear do to both positions and lack of actual discernment

Actually debunk what I said instead of dancing around it boy.]

CrimsonStarFallen said:
I rolled some d20s for you and Hl3.

You will see a large shadow sweeping the air above him, as well as on the walls to your left and right a little behind you.

It already blocked off the entrance.

Prepare yourself.
[This is pretty much saying you need to fight

Also, considering that you just said it was at the entrance, yet was only "a little" behind me, that clearly isn't actually the case]

Back