• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Erza and Gray Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the latest chapter, Erza stopped both Natsu's and Gray's attacks with her palms. Granted, each of her hands looks ready to fall off, but it should be noted that neither of the two fighting were holding anything back in regards to power.

As for Gray, the same is said for him. He fought on equal terms with Natsu and neither looked to be holding back in the slightest.

Hmm... In that case I'll leave this up for when we do get a handle on his END power.

If Natsu is mountain level in FDKM, how powerful was he with Ignee's power leftovers? He should be more powerful than just plain mountain level. Also, Gray, without demonising at all, was able to curbstomp Invel, who is at least city level. Now he looks way more demonised. Considering that Natsu used a mountain level attack to beat Jacob and Hiro portraying them as equals,i think it should be fair to upgrade Gray as well.

Now, about Erza, simply blickng two bland type attacks with her palms, isn't impressive. Plams absorb force better than most other body parts. Had she been hit in the face and straight up tanked it then she should have been upgraded, but now, i don't think so.

I would like this upgrade for Erza but no.... Clearly Natsu and Gray stopped there magic power so she only took part of the attack. Plus it dosen't make sense for Erza to get that scaling.....she couldn't even beat Ajeel without help, wile Natsu and Gray stomp Ajeel tier people without any difficulty.

I think that scaling Gray from Natsu seems acceptable, but am not quite certain about Erza.

@Antvasima

Erza's is obviously PIS. It's clear that base Natsu and Gray (at least with devil slayer magic and not base Gray) are superior to her right now. She was getting her ass handed to her by a Spriggan who was seriously injured after Erza got a cheap shot in on him while he was distracted. Meanwhile, Gray with devil slayer magic defeated Invel (though base Gray was obviously no match) and base Natsu two-shot an amped Neinhart.

As for Gray, he has a slayer advantage. Gray no doubt gets a city level rating in devil slayer mode for defeating a Spriggan. But as for him contending with partially awakended END, he has a slayer advantage. If you think I'm overplaying the slayer advantage shit, keep in mind that base X791 Natsu, who is small town to town level, managed to injure Motherglare who is city level+ at least. And X791 Gray with devil slayer magic, who was portrayed to be on par with base Natsu i.e. small town to town level, managed to seriously injure Tempesta (small city level durability) and Mard Geer (city level).

There is no doubt that Gray in devil slayer mode is indeed city level now normally due to his defeating a Spriggan level character. But his brief fight with Natsu in the Avatar arc and everything else we've seen so far paint him as being on par with base Natsu i.e. city level. Also keep in mind that this is unlikely to be END's true power. It seemed more like a partial transformation.

Okay then. Feel free to adjust Gray's profile accordingly.

Antvasima said:
Okay then. Feel free to adjust Gray's profile accordingly.
I actually want to change a lot of the Fairy Tail profiles. I don't mean to brag but I know a lot about this series as I've been following it for a long-ass time. Some characters require a slight upgrade while others require slight downgrades. I'm busy with two other verses right now though so I'll get to this series later this week or the next.

Okay. You can ask the administrators or content moderators to temporarily unlock profiles.

Erza is pure PIS, we might as well make that her tier, but she did withstand both strikes. Her current tier is fine, but if we find out that E.N.D and Gray are both at least comparable to FDK Natsu, then it may be a considerable upgrade.

Truth be told, I don't know if Erza right now has surpassed even mid-tier Wizard Saint level (Jura, Bluenote, Makarov) due to her performance against a seriously injured Spriggan level and due to her sweating buckets at Ikusatsunagi's magical aura (that war god thing which Natsu two-shot). So I feel she should be large town level (Mirajane as well).

However, it was hinted during her fight against Neinhart's Historia that she has some crazy latent powers which could be unlocked once the shit with Irene is done. Then she'll be legit city level or higher instead of merely having to be scaled from Natsu & Gray.

*is secretly laughing while at it* Just saw the recent chapter of FT and I gonna said that is some BS right there to the point I call PIS or plot armor in this kind of case.

I did not think that we were downgrading Erza.

No, because if Erza was really only Large Town level, she wouldn't have been able to damage Ajeel with her Water Sword, or surviving a direct hit from Jupiter.

Natsu, Gray, Juvia and Lucy were all instantly fodderized by a very casual Invel (even if it only lasted a short period of time), Jacob would have destroyed Natsu and Lucy with ease if he were serious from the start, and even the ultimate scrub of all Spriggans, Neinhart, KOed Jellal for a few minutes with a single hit. Erza getting her ass handed to her by Ajeel is not nearly enough for a downgrade.

Gray can't be upgraded since we don't know how strong Natsu is compared to his FDKM right now, and Erza can't be upgraded either since blocking Gray and Natsu's punches was pure PIS.

NotEvenHuman said:
No, because if Erza was really only Large Town level, she wouldn't have been able to damage Ajeel with her Water Sword, or surviving a direct hit from Jupiter.
Erza was able to damage Ajeel only with her water sword which indicates that its an element he is weak against. Ajeel straight up tanked slashes from Erza's normal swords.

http://i.imgur.com/3QHT3Kw.jpg

As you can see, Erza could not in fact damage Ajeel and could only do so when she switched to a sword made of an element that appears to be a counter to sand.

As for surviving a direct hit by Jupiter, I don't know what to say about that. It always confused me as to how she made it out of that blast without more serious injuries.

Well, Erza also defeated Neinhart, so I think that she can probably stay where she is. She likely grew stronger over the course of the story.

Erza did not defeat Neinhart. That was Jellal and he is comparable to Laxus and is twice as powerful as Erza. Erza defeated Neinhart's three Historia.

Okay. Although I am still not in favour of downgrading Erza, especially given that she stopped Natsu and Gray, and her supposedly hidden power, that will probably be revealed soon.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Although I am still not in favour of downgrading Erza, especially given that she stopped Natsu and Gray, and her supposedly hidden power, that will probably be revealed soon.
Yeah I talked about her latent power on another thread. But the reason I wish to downgrade Erza as she is right now is because of issues with power-scaling of some other strong S-class mages

Well the topic has given us huge headaches on another forum. You know what... Screw it. I'll avoid this topic from now on.

I just want to clarify something because i am confused. When we say Flame Dragon King Mode Natsu, we mean the mode he was in when he defeated Jacob or the state he was in when he used Igneel's power? Because if FDKM is the term used to describe the power of Igneel, then it is wrong. Igneel's power is something different, as it was stated by Natsu that he could use this power only once and then it would disappear. Natsu used his Flame Drakon King Mode against Jacob, which happened after his fight with Zeref. Also, Natsu is right now 7A for evaaporating the lake with his heat, right? That feat happened while in FDKM, which is obviously weaker than Igneel's power. With Igneel's power he should be at least 7A and same with his partial E.N.D form. Gray should also be placed as at least 7A for matching him blow for blow.

Igneel's power and FDKM are two different things, but the profile is written as if they were the same, for some reason. There was some discussion about this a few months ago, but i don't remember how it turned out.

They are and at the same time they don't.

Natsu named FDKM both of the times he used it. But obviously, the version with Igneel's powers >> Natsu's version. Zeref should an upgrade and Natsu a better clarification

Actually, he didn't name them the same. If you look at the chapter, first Natsu starts using Igneel's power. After a while of fighting, he explains that he's using Igneel's power, and the he brings out FDKM. He was using both at the same time there.

Hmm. It seems like separate keys would be warranted then.

Yeah, but what would the stats be? Zeref is scaled from FDKM, but he actually fought FDKM + Igneel's power. We don't know which one is stronger, so scaling them to each other is a no. I'm not sure we can scale it from Zeref, considering how casual he was on that fight.

Scaling from the weaker version of the same state, in which Natsu vaporised a lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back