• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Shock Rock vs Garou (Quarter-Final-1)

Then read chapter 153
just read it and it didn't give me any info you haven't already presented. If anything it hurt your case since Bang actually WAS hit by Garou and WASN'T reduced to powder. In fact, it's the shockwaves were powderizing the rocks. And it is outright stated that throughout the fight Bang was being worn down by the very same shockwaves. It clearly does not do what you're claiming against an equalized durability opponent

with equal durability, it'd end up with Garou needing to wear it down, which, Garou has far greater skill from what I've seen of the armor thingy

I still haven't seen anything garou can do to get close and or dodge shockrock's range attacks

but I don't think it's regen is high enough to come back after being grinded up like that (Likely over a period of time)
wdym? The very same technique that's being used to "powderize" Shock Rock did internal damage to Bang, didn't do anything to him that Shock Rock wouldn't be able to regenerate

just read it and it didn't give me any info you haven't already presented. If anything it hurt your case since Bang actually WAS hit by Garou and WASN'T reduced to powder. In fact, it's the shockwaves were powderizing the rocks. And it is outright stated that throughout the fight Bang was being worn down by the very same shockwaves. It clearly does not do what you're claiming against an equalized durability opponent
Bang was redirecting his attacks with WSRSF, but despite that he was still getting harmed by the shockwaves.

Bang was redirecting his attacks with WSRSF, but despite that he was still getting harmed by the shockwaves.
yes, he redirected the attacks, was constantly hit by shockwaves, as I said in the post you're replying to. The shockwaves are explicitely what powderizes stone. Bang was hit by the shockwaves REPEATEDLY and sustained internal damage, wasn't split into pieces or anything like that. High Mid regen covers that easily

that seems like a speed feat to me
Which?
yes, he redirected the attacks, was constantly hit by shockwaves, as I said in the post you're replying to. The shockwaves are explicitely what powderizes stone. Bang was hit by the shockwaves REPEATEDLY and sustained internal damage, wasn't split into pieces or anything like that. High Mid regen covers that easily
Bang was not hit. Bomb says himself that if he gets hit, the shockwaves will shatter him, and that didn't happen, proving that he was not hit by RASRF.

Bang uses the WSRSF, which redirects attacks so that the user doesn't take damage. Bang wasn't getting hit by Garou.

Bang was not hit. Bomb says himself that if he gets hit, the shockwaves will shatter him, and that didn't happen, proving that he was not hit by RASRF.
If he got hit by a main attack the shockwaves would envelope him. He got hit by the shockwaves either way
Bang uses the WSRSF, which redirects attacks so that the user doesn't take damage. Bang wasn't getting hit by Garou.
Same exact chapter you told me to read, page 8: Bang literally says "This is bad... Even as I deflect, damage from the shockwaves is adding up."

Why would that matter?
Because zombieman and shock rock both have high mid regen. Admittedly, Zombieman's is better, but still if you are correct that Garou can powderize actual opponents instead of just the random rocks around him, then he should have the ability to kill Zombieman as it implied plenty of times that he can't regenerate from that kind of damage

If he got hit by a main attack the shockwaves would envelope him. He got hit by the shockwaves either way

Same exact chapter you told me to read, page 8: Bang literally says "This is bad... Even as I deflect, damage from the shockwaves is adding up."
Yes, he's not getting hit head on. Even when the fight eventually ended, Bang got grazed. That goes to show how deadly it is.

Bang was deflecting the attacks, but the residue of the attacks where still damaging him. If Bang got hit with a full on attack, which he didn't, he would've gotten shattered, as Bomb said.

Because zombieman and shock rock both have high mid regen. Admittedly, Zombieman's is better, but still if you are correct that Garou can powderize actual opponents instead of just the random rocks around him, then he should have the ability to kill Zombieman as it implied plenty of times that he can't regenerate from that kind of damage
The difference is that Shock Rock's regen is dependent on his armor. Once Garou breaks it, he can't regen, at least thats what I was told by people in this thread (correct me if i'm wrong).

Yes, he's not getting hit head on.
Are the rocks that he turned into powder being hit head on? You gotta be consistent
Even when the fight eventually ended, Bang got grazed. That goes to show how deadly it is.
Sure, deadly to people without good regen. As I've said so many times, Bang did not sustain any damage that Shock Rock wouldn't be able to regenerate based purely on the scans posted in this thread
Bang was deflecting the attacks, but the residue of the attacks where still damaging him. If Bang got hit with a full on attack, which he didn't, he would've gotten shattered, as Bomb said.
Bomb said it would break all his bones into pieces. This is recoverable with High Mid regen

The difference is that Shock Rock's regen is dependent on his armor. Once Garou breaks it, he can't regen, at least thats what I was told by people in this thread (correct me if i'm wrong).
Not just technically when he was teleported at at 0:35 his "Omni-Energy was gone" leaving the armor behind, Rock armor is just there for extra protection (Plus he's got Omni-Naut space armor on top of that in this form)
So sentient energy puppeteering pieces of armor.
Also he can BFR
gjYujlW.png

Sure, deadly to people without good regen. As I've said so many times, Bang did not sustain any damage that Shock Rock wouldn't be able to regenerate based purely on the scans posted in this thread
Bang didn't sustain high damage because he didn't get hit with a full attack. Stop ignoring what I'm saying.
Bomb said it would break all his bones into pieces. This is recoverable with High Mid regen
Once the armor is broken, he can't regen.

it's not like the armor needs to stay intact. The only way I can see Garou winning this fight is if he can powderize the armor itself. The armor is dura equalized, so I don't see how he could do that since he has no feats of turning things with actually notable durability into powder. He has no statements of such either. He turns fodder into powder and does big damage to characters with durability

Can someone send a video of how much the armor needs to be destroyed in order for him to not be able to regen anymore?

it's not like the armor needs to stay intact. The only way I can see Garou winning this fight is if he can powderize the armor itself. The armor is dura equalized, so I don't see how he could do that since he has no feats of turning things with actually notable durability into powder. He has no statements of such either. He turns fodder into powder and does big damage to characters with durability
Garou has reactive power lvl. He gets stronger and faster has he is fighting something.

Bang didn't sustain high damage because he didn't get hit with a full attack. Stop ignoring what I'm saying.
I'm literally not ignoring your arguments, I'm explaining why they're wrong only for you to repeat the same argument. The powder feat was not done with a full attack, it was done with shockwaves. Bang got hit by shockwaves and wasn't powderized. Even if he was hit by a full attack and shockwaves enveloped his whole body, he STILL wouldn't be powderized, all his bones would be broken into pieces
Once the armor is broken, he can't regen.
You can clearly see in the clip of Shock Rock regenerating that he can regen from armor that's been broken to pieces

Back