• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Shock Rock vs Garou (Quarter-Final-1)

He outlasted Weatherheads and Vilgax during their fights as well as Ben withstood High Override's mindcontrol which gives Reboot Ben Tennyson the Supernatural Willpower and other resistances, Flashly Flash or Darkshine isn't among the Top 5 people on Earth like Agent Six.
Being stated to be in the "Top 5 of Earth" <<<<<< Great feats of skill that are actually shown within the series. Flashy Flash was able to fight against Garou and Platinum Sperm simultaneously.

The dude has fought groups of people after being shit on again and again by stronger and stronger opponents. Hell, the guy can even fight while he's been knocked unconscious.
That's a good feat his Reactive Evolution should be able to keep up with SR in ground before goes spaceflight but having Supernatural Willpower would help Ben withstood Garou's rapid speed attack and his whole fighting style include keeping distance and having the right space armor to do so he would be able to have maneuverability advantage, I'll wait for Greenshifter to response.
Also does this feat even account for the hollowness of the spaceship?
Yes calc member Demongod said I did and it's fine to our standards.

That's a good feat his Reactive Evolution should be able to keep up with SR in ground before goes spaceflight but having Supernatural Willpower would help Ben withstood Garou's rapid speed attack and his whole fighting style include keeping distance and having the right space armor to do use so he would be able to have maneuverability advtange, I'll wait for Greenshifter to response.

Garou also has insane supernatural willpower. He was able to break his limiter through overcoming extreme challenges put in front of him and he literally never gives up. Not to mention his Reactive Evolution on top of it grants him an insane advantage. Also having willpower isn't just going to randomly help you withstand getting your ass kicked. Hell, that actually happened in the series when Glasses fought Garou. He had the whole anime flashback and everything and still ended up getting folded by Garou.

That is actually incorrect. Precognition is limited by fate and time. While Analytical Prediction is reliant purely on observation, and thus it is actually more versatile at a higher-level.

Though yes, precognition is more potent in most scenarios, I would have to disagree that it is more versatile.

But anyway its not like it matters. The two abilities quite literally are listed on the same "Precognition" page and Analytical Prediction is very often referred to as just "Precognition." It's pretty clear that's what I meant, anyway. I obviously know that Garou can't see into the future.
Garou guesses movements.... While Precog you already know where and when it's going to go.

Garous analytical prediction is on a low tier of analytical prediction as well... As he they have been wrong and here could only predict 12 movements where king could go

It's like saying because someone has soul manipulation, he wins yet all the character can do is talk to souls via soul manipulation.

It's a big misinformation and an overhyping of a characters abilities.

Ben's supernaturnal willpower helped him withstood an entire army amplified High override's attack
If anything that's more impressive then simply refusing to give up in a fight, Plus Energy cage is not a move he's gonna use in the end of the battle to dig deep into this aresenal of moveset he's shown to use it multiple times right at the start before Garou would even dura neg he's getting caged.

Garou guesses movements.... While Precog you already know where he's going to go.

Garous analytical prediction is on a low tier of analytical prediction as well... As he they have been wrong and here could only predict 12 movements where king could go

It's like saying because someone has soul manipulation, he wins yet all the character can do is talk to souls via soul manipulation.

It's a big misinformation and an overhyping of a characters abilities.

I am by no means saying that Garou's prediction is superior to knowing exactly what someone will do. Maybe reread what I said.

i never said that Garou's analytical prediction was more potent than precognition. I only said that Analytical Prediction was more versatile than Precognition on a higher level.

You even provided a counter to your own argument, by saying that Garou could predict 12 movements of where King could go. Meanwhile Precognition would only prepare you for one. A concrete example of by Analytical prediction is more versatile.
Are you serious? Even if garou predicted 1 million movements, it will be inferior to precog. You would need to guess infinite movements to reach precog

Are you serious? Even if garou predicted 1 million movements, it will be inferior to precog. You would need to guess infinite movements to reach precog
Inferior in terms of potency, superior in terms of versatility. Please actually read what I'm saying. I'm not even mentioning Garou here, I was only talking about the abilities in general, lmao.

Inferior in terms of potency, superior in terms of versatility. Please actually read what I'm saying.
But that versatility doesn't help... As you need to concentrate and think while wasting time. Precog removes that weakness

But that versatility doesn't help... As you need to concentrate and think
I was never mentioning Garou here, by the way. I was just speaking about the abilities in general. And how Precognition isn't necessarily completely superior to Analytical Prediction.

Obviously Garou's analytical prediction is a far cry from being able to see Shock Rock's future, lol.

Sorry if what I was saying was unclear.

Looks like some of it may not be dodgeable / deflectable for Garou.

Though, meh, if these are just normal energy blast, its going to take a lot more to kill Garou given he survived some pretty nasty blasts from both Overgrown Rover and Orochi. Garou also resists electricity if there is any electrical energy in there.

It has some electrical properties but it’s not electricity basically.

Anyways as I said in a previous thread. Shock Rock’s stamina doesn’t need to be as good as Garou’s, it just needs to be good enough to last until he can cage Garou.

I'm voting for Garou. A less skilled and less versatile Garou with less hax already beat this guy. I don't know why this is still being argued.

Voting Garou due to reactive power lvl, instictive reaction, adaption, enhanced senses, analytical prediction, stat amps, reactive evolution, regen, 2+ forms of dura neg, and huge skill gap.

Shock Rock's progectiles get deflected, and his AoE attacks get dodged. Garou had dodged near danmaku of AoE attacks. Garou can easily break his forcefield with his reactive evolution and reactive power lvl.

If Garou were to get close, which doesn't seem unlikely, he will dominate the fight, and then most likely end him with Monster Calamity God Slaying Fist or Exploding Heart Release Fist. Both of which allowed him to one shot people who were clashing evenly with him prior to landing the attack.

Voting Garou for the same reasons. Also the calculation used for the Class P lifting strength doesn't seem to take hollowness into account.

Hold on a second that’s just fodder boulders. An 8-A could do stuff like that with their shockwaves.

And breaking every bone in someone’s body isn’t enough to bypass SR’s regen.

Does Shock Rock even still qualify for High Mid Regeneration?
High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.

Does Shock Rock even still qualify for High Mid Regeneration?
He always did, the mod in question who accepted it just said that it’s probably limited to the form of his armor still being intact. But yeah he can regen from being blown into (big) pieces.

Honestly just look at the feat and judge for yourselves what you think it qualifies for.

Back