• The VS Battles wiki celebrates its 10 year anniversary!

Please click here for further information.

Garou vs Shock Rock (High 6A Tourney)

But I explained why the stat advantage isn't enough to win... This is literally Garou... The guy who always fights and wins when he's the weaker one...

His versatility doesn't help because Garou can deflect his energy attacks, resist his TK, and on top of that he's a far better fighter.

The only things he has going for him is his flight, energy cage, and AP.

His AP isn't enough to win, as explained due to his adaptation, evolution, endurance, and regeneration. Even if you destroy chunks of his body he'll just regenerate and transform in seconds.

Flight also isn't enough to win due to Garou's mobility and the fact that Rock's long range attacks will get deflected anyway.

The energy cage is basically all that's left, and it likely wouldn't even work a lot of the time. Garou could just dodge it...

I know Garou is used to getting bodied by people with higher AP but those people don’t have a way to permanently incap him and from looking at the TK —> energy cage combo (even if he resists TK, he doesn’t need to lift him, just make energy around him). Shock Rock basically needs to point at Garou to win. Also my point is that Garou isn’t doing much to Shock Rock in the beginning either. So by the time Garou is strong enough to become a challenge for Shock Rock, Shock Rock can start spamming energy cage. He also has AoE to counter a speed gap.

Also everyone can deflect an attack like Bluemerang. Shock Rock is aware of this. The reason it still works is because it comes back around like a boomerang and I know Garou can predict this but this does limit his options if he gets attacked by the bluemerang and another energy attack simultaneously, potentially enough to energy cage him.

Also Shock Rock might get upgraded to 5-C because apparently Cannonbolt performing a Cannonbolt in a body of water gives moon level results... smh fricking Reboot. I’ll keep you guys posted. But hey Garou can fight stronger opponents right😜?

NotSoPrimal

Formerly 'Prime'
Also Shock Rock might get upgraded to 5-C because apparently Cannonbolt performing a Cannonbolt in a body of water gives moon level results... smh fricking Reboot. I’ll keep you guys posted. But hey Garou can fight stronger opponents right😜?
Of course, we love the no limit fallacy. Garou > Azathoth

I don’t see now Garou escapes a Forcefield Cage, like the one Shock Rock used against Vilgax. Maybe I missed it.
I was asked whether I wanted to vote or not, and so I asked a question, but it seems you don’t need me, lol

Yeah I’m voting Shock until I’m told exactly how Garou wins. That supposed Scan of reflecting energy didn’t even look like it was reflecting anything.

Yeah I’m voting Shock until I’m told exactly how Garou wins. That supposed Scan of reflecting energy didn’t even look like it was reflecting anything.
Then, you're blind? How the hell does that not look like reflection. Bang's technique which he uses in that image is literally made to reflect stronger attacks...

You can clearly see the beams change trajectory after he hits them with it..

And, he can simply dodge the binding like I've said multiple times.

"How exactly Garou wins" I've explained multiple times. If you still don't know then I'm sorry for you fam.

look, I don’t read the Manga. To me, that looks like someone fired 2 beams and a lady’s getting fried. Maybe you should look from a different perspective, instead of calling the other person Blind.
You say he wins via Dodging and Reactive Evolution? Their AP’s very close and how do you dodge a simple Cube being formed around you. By the time Garou evolves enough, he’ll be in a cage.

"To me, that looks like someone fired 2 beams and a lady’s getting fried. Maybe you should look from a different perspective, instead of calling the other person Blind."

Once again: "You can clearly see the beams change trajectory after he hits them with it" (Literally even Greenshifter accepted this as reflection... And I'm pretty sure they don't read it either)

>Ap's very close.

It's not really, and that's not the point. People were saying Shock wins simply due to an AP advantage. My argument was that Garou can close the gap via his adaptation and evolution. And on top of that, he has regeneration and endurance to stay in the game more than long enough for AP to even really matter.

>How do you dodge a cube being formed around you.

By Moving out the way? Is that not possible?

Also, even if he does cage him, what then? And by the way, are we sure that that's in character for Shock Rock in a battle?

He also contained someone with an energy net so it’s the same principle. You need to know that Ben likes to punch things out rather than contain stuff but can get creative and do so anyways when out of options. Generally he doesn’t need to contain his enemies either and he can’t do much with them if he does contain them since the Plumbers don’t really help out yet, something that is irrelevant in a vs match.

Hey actually if killing is the only wincon, is this incon then? Since Shock Rock will probably contain Garou and that’s it, but that doesn’t win him the match anymore. So if the distribution is 60% incon - 40% loss then the result is incon. That’s my bad since I didn’t see that only killing is allowed.

Hey actually if killing is the only wincon, is this incon then? Since Shock Rock will probably contain Garou and that’s it, but that doesn’t win him the match anymore. So if the distribution is 60% incon - 40% loss then the result is incon. That’s my bad since I didn’t see that only killing is allowed.
Nah If Killing isn’t possible i’ll allow these since that would be better than an incon. I should probs put that killing is preferred to avoid confusion

Also now that this is done can u guys please vote in Round 4 and 5. Round four just need more votes while Round 5 still need more statements