• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Equal Stats Tournament 2022: Maka Albarn vs King Ghidorah

Round 2:
(Match 5)
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Monsters you gotta em and there no better monster than Godzilla's rival King Ghidorah but will tonight he be in a serious fight against the much smaller Maka this seems like a david vs goliath match will the Death Scythe finish off the king for good ? Viewers I have a feeling this could be an upset.

Results:
Maka Albarn (Soul Eater): 7 (Nierre, Xdragnior, Lynier, ThantosX, Popted2, DD)
King Ghidorah (Godzilla):
Inconclusive:
Zb3RHOZ.png

Last edited:
I think soul manipulation is maka's only wincon do to king ghidorah's regen and size along with his three brains.

Yeah pretty much.

She has flight and can also extend her blade using her Soul Abilities.

She can also read his soul, which pretty much grants Information Anaysis/Clairvoyance (idk), it allows her to read her opponents moves.

Would cutting all the heads at the same time finish Ghidorah or no.

It's a pretty bad time for me to debate considering that it's really late at night, so I will just give some points in favor of King Ghidorah and then reply tomorrow morning, if I have time.

The moment the fight start, Ghidorah will create a massive storm by using the movements of his wings, which is not much but might come useful if the fight goes bad for him considering that he will fly above into his clouds, where he will have the advantage considering its his territory and he would also power himself up with the lightings.

Then, he will instantly use ranged attacks by firing beams from his mouths, which are both AP and electricity. Maka doesn't seems to have resistence to electricity, which means that an hit from even one of them will cause massive damages to her.

Another important factor is his Immortality Type 2 and 3 added to his Mid regeneration, which makes him a tought opponent to deal with and he will regenerate to most damages done to him, while she will be vulnerabile to his attacks, which he will spam a lot.

Maka will also have to deal not with a single opponent, but with three. Each head operates on his own, with each of them that will attack and act differently. To defeat him she will have to defeat all of the heads, not a single one.

Last but not least, he have the LS advantage, meaning that if he is able to bite her he have basically won considering he can easily crush her under his fangs. It's also in character to wrap the opponent with his neck like he did with Godzilla, and he can crush her with that too if he is able to catch her with that.

Overall, King Ghidorah is a dangerous opponent. I don't know what Maka is able to do, but he have multiple wincons in this fight so it will be interesting.

The moment the fight start, Ghidorah will create a massive storm by using the movements of his wings
Yeah that's probably the biggest issue here. Cause even if she flies she'll just get blown away lol
the fight goes bad for him considering that he will fly above into his clouds, where he will have the advantage considering its his territory
Fair enough I guess? I mean she can also fly so don't think that will matter.
Then, he will instantly use ranged attacks by firing beams from his mouths, which are both AP and electricity. Maka doesn't seems to have resistence to electricity, which means that an hit from even one of them will cause massive damages to her.
She'll easily be able to dodge just by reading his soul.
Another important factor is his Immortality Type 2 and 3 added to his Mid regeneration, which makes him a tought opponent to deal with and he will regenerate to most damages done to him, while she will be vulnerabile to his attacks, which he will spam a lot.
Yeah that's also a big issue. How can he be defeated? Can cutting his heads give her the win? If not then I think this is a stomp.
Maka will also have to deal not with a single opponent, but with three. Each head operates on his own, with each of them that will attack and act differently. To defeat him she will have to defeat all of the heads, not a single one.
Same thing as above.

I'll get into her advantages and actual wincons soon, but I want to know if cutting all his heads could work.

But she would have to cut the neck in a few strikes and its regen is described as quite fast and there is three of them.

Anyways she has an ability called Soul Resonance, where she and her Scythe, Soul, synchronize their souls together which increase their power.

She also has an ability called Witch-Hunt where she can turn her blade into a large crescent moon shaped scythe and it also drastically increases her cutting power and also negate magic (if he doesn't do magic, then just ignore this)

Soul can also redirect attacks with his own Soul Wavelength.

Her flight allowed her to dodge a flurry of magical bullets, and she can also amp the speed with her own soul, so the lightning strikes should be very easy for her to dodge.

She also has Black Blood, which works as an offensive, defensive, and healing mechanism. When she takes damage the Black Blood heals her and reverts damage she takes. She was able to tank an impale through the chest and fully regen. She also has a transformation called Black Blood Armor, where she manifests her armor around her body drastically increasing her durability, attack power, and speed. Also when she does get cut or attacked, the blood that splatters on the ground can be controlled and turned into spikes that pierce through the enemy.

She also has Demon Hunter, which does the same thing as Witch Hunter, but just stronger, MASSIVELY more cutting power, and larger.

As I stated previously, she can sense people's souls which allows her to gauge an enemy's strength and power.

In combination with Maka's soul sensing, when Soul plays the piano, he can transmit his piano playing into the soul of his opponents allowing him to control abilities of the opponent (it can probably only control soul based abilities, so take this one with a grain of salt)

She also has the ability to send madness through the opponent and make them go mad and even do the opposite, completely nullify the opponent's bloodlust to the point of making them completely unwilling to defend themselves.

And finally she has Kishin Hunt which ignores the immortality of a foe (it's able to negate Kishin Asura's regen, and immortality [type 1, 2, and 3])

Frankly Maka's (and the whole of the verse's) profile needs to be redone. There're a couple things missing and things that can be added on.

(But I'll get there once I actually get to re reading the manga)

Before voting, please leave me time to reply with my counter-arguments. I have other stuff to say, but considering that I am at work I don't have much time to write them.

Even if large size is a really good thing in an equal stats battle, as it makes the character hard to damage regardless of tier (DC vs AP and all that) Maka has just so many amps i doubt it would be hard to cut all 3 heads with a good timed "I" Hunt Slash or a Kishin Hunt which seems to null immortalities... her profile sucks ig).

My favorite wincon is making Ghidorah surrender with black blood's anti-bloodlust and then tame him, tho.

Maka FRA.

Sorry for making all of you wait, I was really busy. Now I should be able to quickly make a counter-argument.

The clouds and Ghidorah flying to them is important for multiple reasons.
First of all, the clouds are his domain and he lives in the storm he created, so he have full vision and control of them, also being unaffected by the lightings and the wind in it.
On top of this, Ghidorah is able to absorb any form of energy around him, electricity in particular. This means that while in the thunder strom he will constantly absorb the lightings and become more and more powerful. The boost given by the Energy Absorption is quite impressive, considering that after absorbing a small quantity of electricity he goes from being to being inferior to Charged Godzilla to completely stomping him with no difficulty.
Then, we also have the powerful winds created by the flap of his wings. By moving his wings, he is able to create gust of wind that are so powerful that he is able to drag the entire storm with him thanks to them, and he was also using them to spread the storm on a global scale.
And the storm in itself is powerful enough that it would have terraformed the entire planet, if he wasn't killed in time.
This means that if Ghidorah brings the fight to the sky he will have a big amounts of advantages, considering that Maka will be destabilized by the powerful winds and wont be able to move properly, making her vulnerabile to his attacks while he will become stronger and stronger the more he is in it.

King Ghidorah's Immortality and Regeneration makes him extremely durable, to the point that even after his entire body was completely vaporized, leaving only one of his heads partially intact, he was still alive and kicking to the point that Godzilla had to vaporize his last head to fully kill him.
And there doesn't seem a limit to the regen, even if all of his head are cut he should still be able to regenerate, as long as his body doesn't get destroyed.

He can also use some sort of AoE to fire lightings in all directions, and his body have a constant electric charge, which means that if she get close she will get slightly electrocuted. Not much, but in this fight in which both seems to have multiple ways of winning it might make a difference, especially considering that King Ghidorah have the LS advantage.

Regarding the Emphatic Manipulation and the Madness Manipulation, how does them work? And how would that work against a character that have Multiple Selves? Because if she is not able to affect multiple targets at once it might be partially useless.

And for the Kishin Hunt, how does that work and how much in character is to use it? If I remember correctly from what I read a long time ago regarding Soul Eater, Kishin was deafeated by sealing him away, so there was no need to go past his Immortality and Regeneration, which would be coherent with the fact that Immortality Negation and Regeneration Negation aren't in her profile.

In general, I think that if the fight is brought in the skies Ghidorah have definitely the advantage, and if he sees that he is in troubles and his opponent power herself up he will bring her up to have a better chance at winning and to power himself up too.
If the fight remain in the ground, both have good chances of winning, but she will be extremely careful to not being caught by none of his lighting nor being taken by his mouths, while also dealing with winds that can destabilize her and an opponent that is extremely durable and thought to kill.

On top of this, Ghidorah is able to absorb any form of energy around him, electricity in particular. This means that while in the thunder strom he will constantly absorb the lightings and become more and more powerful. The boost given by the Energy Absorption is quite impressive, considering that after absorbing a small quantity of electricity he goes from being to being inferior to Charged Godzilla to completely stomping him with no difficulty.
Then, we also have the powerful winds created by the flap of his wings. By moving his wings, he is able to create gust of wind that are so powerful that he is able to drag the entire storm with him thanks to them, and he was also using them to spread the storm on a global scale.
And the storm in itself is powerful enough that it would have terraformed the entire planet, if he wasn't killed in time.
This means that if Ghidorah brings the fight to the sky he will have a big amounts of advantages, considering that Maka will be destabilized by the powerful winds and wont be able to move properly, making her vulnerabile to his attacks while he will become stronger and stronger the more he is in it.
All of this is especially very dangerous, and Maka would normally have no counter to them, except with Maka's Soul Sensing, they will be able to read his soul and realize that if they don't go 100% from the start, then they'll stand 0 chance.

At that point, it's VERY likely for Maka to start in Black Blood Armor, and Soul Resonate with Soul to amp their Stats (AP, dura, speed, cutting power). And Soul, will ALSO continually amp her due to the effects of him playing the piano.

They'll likely not go close (yet), seeing how high the chance of getting electrified is, so Maka will just keep her distance for the time being, also amping herself, much like Ghidorah.

And for the Kishin Hunt, how does that work and how much in character is to use it?
It's not really in character. She only used it as a last minute option, cause all of her other options had no chance against Kishin. Much like that situation, she really has no other option here (outside of her Empathetic Manipulation which I'll get into later).
And how would that work against a character that have Multiple Selves? Because if she is not able to affect multiple targets at once it might be partially useless.
She should be able to cut multiple times in a row, much like she does with Witch Hunter.
If I remember correctly from what I read a long time ago regarding Soul Eater, Kishin was deafeated by sealing him away, so there was no need to go past his Immortality and Regeneration, which would be coherent with the fact that Immortality Negation and Regeneration Negation aren't in her profile.
Correct (which is why her profile needs to be redone). If I recall correctly, it was Death himself that stated that Kishin Hunt was able to defeat Kishin himself (who has Immortality/Regen on his profile), so it either negates, or completely ignores Immortality/Regen.

Regarding the Emphatic Manipulation and the Madness Manipulation, how does them work? And how would that work against a character that have Multiple Selves? Because if she is not able to affect multiple targets at once it might be partially useless.
Her Empathetic Manipulation hits her opponent's soul. Her Planetary Range + Soul Perception will allow the ability to tag Ghidorah, completely nulling his bloodlust and keeping him in a trance like state.

Then she'll very likely use Kishin Hunt to finish the job, because of his immortality.

As for Madness Manipulation, she stole the ability from Arachne. She uses webs which surround her and expand from her, with the help of Soul, she extends her Soul Wavelength that instills Madness into the web. Anything that is in the web will then go crazy.

She's more likely to use her Empathetic Manipulation than her Madness seeing how her actual opponent is pretty Animalistic in Nature, and causing it to be crazy or mad doesn't really benefit her here.
If the fight remain in the ground, both have good chances of winning, but she will be extremely careful to not being caught by none of his lighting nor being taken by his mouths, while also dealing with winds that can destabilize her and an opponent that is extremely durable and thought to kill.
If the match remained on the ground, then I do think Maka has a far far better chance of winning, due to her actually being able to use her full kit.

Black Blood regen, offensive, and defensive capabilities, Soul Perception, Soul Resonance, Soul Chaining Attacks with Witch, Demon, and Kishin Hunt, Madness and Empathetic Manipulation, etc etc.

I'll cast my vote for Maka for these reasons.

So from what I understand, if the fight goes to the sky Ghidorah has the advantage and most likely wins, but overall Maka will try to end the fight before this will happens thanks to Soul Sensing.
Then I think Maka most likely takes this with high diff. Ghidorah can win and have many option to go, but I think Maka wins 6 out of 10 times in a stat equalized match.

So from what I understand, if the fight goes to the sky Ghidorah has the advantage and most likely wins, but overall Maka will try to end the fight before this will happens thanks to Soul Sensing.
Yeah, otherwise, she'd get clapped just due to Ghidorah's stat amps in the clouds lol

Back