• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elysium's Eleusian Initiation

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So with the Infinite speed stuff going on, I'd like to discuss Elysium 's ultimate technique from Soul Calibur V.

Her attack is described like this:

"Translucent crystal wings appear in her back, she then hovers above the ground, surrounded by multicolor light, while her opponent gets hit nineteen times by an invisible force. This always hits the opponent regardless of range or positioning."

Now what I want to know is whether this is similar to Cronus ' Pragma Spathe in which it ignores distance and is thus infinite speed. Or not. Or is this just flowery wording?

I think that the invisible force is an unblockable attack influenced by game mechanic, unless she used this attack in the canon.

I'm mostly going by the official description of it "Hitting the opponent regardless of range and positioning."

I think is referring to the range and position of the characters on the stages, which are several meters or higher lenght, maybe it does not attack from everywhere, unless someone used a glitch to go out of boundary of the stage and see if the attack still works.

Has she displayed a maximum range for this? Because that description sounds like it could be Infinite, but I want to make sure.

That's why I need help with this. It could just be game mechanic flowery wording. Problem is, there is no way to find out her max range since there is no Soulcalibur Anime or Manga to go by.

In absence of a manga/anime, the game is the source material. I feel her CE's range should be her maximum displayed range but I'm unsure. And where did her Planetary range come from?

Also someone should add Posessio to her abilities. She can posses the wielder of SC.

Also regarding her "gender". "She" doesn't appear female. She appears how the observer chooses to perceive her. IIRC Patroklos is the reason she appears like Sophitia, his mother.

I'll add possession and get rid of planetary range. Problem is that we've only seen her female form, so "appears female" is accurate for now.

Nah I put that there without thinking. At the time on my mind was "Planet level, Planetary Range" for some reason. Nightmare is fine since Soul Edge is the one who created Astral Chaos. Same for Algol.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Nah I put that there without thinking. At the time on my mind was "Planet level, Planetary Range" for some reason. Nightmare is fine since Soul Edge is the one who created Astral Chaos. Same for Algol.
Well, considering the fact that SC is the sister sword created to destroy SE, I'd say they'd be at least equal in power.

Well equal in power doesn't mean equal in range though. Soul Calibur doesn't have as much control over Astral Chaos as Soul Edge or Algol does. Last I checked anyway.

Well both swords exist in Astral Chaos. When Algol created SC from the shards of SE, it is explained they are identical in nature, but opposite in intent so they should have similar if not identical properties. And Elysium has shown she can teleport herself and others in Astral Chaos. I would expect she can control the positioning.

For some reason the series treats the crystals as ice. Some wordings say crystals others say ice. And since Nightmare actually uses fire I guess ice would make since.

Back