• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elsword Discussion Thread

I was looking at Mad Paradox Path skills recently, and I realized that this skill can be given to allies.

So does Mad Paradox have Power Bestowal? Or a limited version of it?

Time Tracer also has his "Seal of Time" Skill which will passively revive allies and himself if they die by reversing them/their time to the point in which the skill was used.

That'd be a Time-Based passive Ressurection i guess.

It has to be cast first, yes.

It has a time of 30 seconds, but honestly we have to remember some things are due to Gameplay mechanics because otherwise the character would be too broken lol.

If we don't have much evidence of it behaving differently, we can only take what we get.

But it is best not put as passive. He doesn't need to do anything if he's killed after using it, but he still needs to use it and recast it after it's gone. It's different from Kumagawa's All Fiction, as an example, which activates no matter what after he's dead and he doesn't need to think about it.

Yeah, i meant it would be passive after being cast, not all the time.

I do think that it having a set duration of 30 seconds is more gameplay mechanics than anything else;

Yeah, but we have no idea how much else otherwise so sadly not a lot we can do about it. It's like pokemon lowering your defense by leering, will never get it.

I think that it should just be said that it has to be cast first and then the effect will wear-off when it is used (aka you or allies die), and then it has to be recast to work again, since that's what happens.

Iirc the Pokemon that have the Status-Lowering effects, or characters that have status-lowering effects in general from games, do not state a specific time duration in their profiles even if it has set duration of turns and so in-game, it just states that they can do it and period, so i don't see why that wouldn't apply to Elsword.

No, the timer should still be mentioned. That's how it works in game and there's no indication of things working otherwise. Otherwise, I am sure a lot would be different in some game profiles. Somethings are obviously game mechanics, but the only counter argument is "but then it would be broken!".

And I didn't mean anything like timers in status effects, just that some Pokemon moves are pretty much "make a scary face, lowering the characters defense". And no, just equalizing all games doesn't work like that. In general most games really don't have a timer for their stat boosters/downers.

One thing i was wondering is, if Mad Paradox tied his being with the very essence of Space and Time itself, wouldn't that make him "2-B, possibly 2-A" instead of 2-C?

It's not like he tied his being to only a "universe's space-time", which i guess would be Low 2-C, he tied his being to the very essence of Space-Time itself, which countains possibly infinite parallel universes/timelines/realities.

Btw i could to try finish Kaze's Add's sandbox profile, thought i think i would need the scans at least for the "Possbily infinite timelines" thing since that's the basis of his tier.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
No, the timer should still be mentioned. That's how it works in game and there's no indication of things working otherwise. Otherwise, I am sure a lot would be different in some game profiles. Somethings are obviously game mechanics, but the only counter argument is "but then it would be broken!".
And I didn't mean anything like timers in status effects, just that some Pokemon moves are pretty much "make a scary face, lowering the characters defense". And no, just equalizing all games doesn't work like that. In general most games really don't have a timer for their stat boosters/downers.
I mean, Ain's profile actually does exactly what i said. It states that he can do stuff with his skills, but it does not state that said effects and status booster/downers have temporary effects/a set duration only because they do in-game, just that he can do it.

Add's profile in Kaze's sandbox also does exactly that. So i think it should be done that way really, there is no reason do add game-mechanics's cooldowns/durations, all that has to be mentioned is that they can do it.

Since Ain's profile was accepted and there has been no complains about those facts by Admins/Mods, i don't think any other Elsword profile should be different.

Maybe CTRL F to find the scan if it's in this very same thread? If not, maybe ask Velox since he seemed to be going along with Kaze's progress? And no, he shouldn't. He's not connected to the totality of time and space itself across all of existence. Plus if it was truly across the entire set of infinite realities, there wouldn't need to be a "an" Add destroying individual timelines, or having to go from one to the next and the next, there would just be "Add" across all of space and time.

Things like that many times aren't mentioned, which I very much don't think should happen at all. Unless its very clear game mechanics, its arbitrary to not include information like that. It even gets mentioned at times in things like matches since anyone not knowledgeable obviously has no clue and for some reason it's apparently not described. Effects like bleeding lasting only a while is a pretty clear example, the wound is gonna close but it's not literally gonna last seconds, especially if we assume it's a big wound.

Your assumption is that the people that checked it actually know of Elsword enough to question things like cooldowns or the like, which is obviously not the case. We have a ton of "accepted" profiles here that are missing things or need tweaks, but there's barely anyone knowledgeable or it hasn't been put to more scrutiny.

The scans of Add isn't here, already checked.

I mean, your opinion is contradicted by most of the game characters profiles from different games, as you say yourself. You thinking this kind of stuff should be mentioned in profiles doesn't mean they actually have to be, and in fact they are not. At very best, if they even are mentioned, it is on weaknesses, and even then, they are noted to be for gameplay/in-game balance purposes, just like i am saying.

There is no point in having that kind of stuff in the Elsword profiles for the reason above, and certaintly they won't be added when profiles are created, they will mostly follow format of the "base" one we have.

That aside, iirc Time Tracer's statement of destroying timelines would be the one that says he "destroys dimenions" i think?

Hmmm... try asking Velox then, he might know

Try giving an actual example? I was just checking the Sekiro discussion thread, and one of the users mentioned the only reason they wouldn't limit his ressurrection to 3 times is because lore gives actual implication the Mortal Blade would be needed and his immortality won't stop from 3 kills. I also see details like this being pointed out many times, so what can I do if I see a precedent that goes against what you are telling me? Asking a mod to clarify in case I am really wrong doesn't need much effort. Caleb from Blood? His mask that makes him immune has a time limit. Abigail from InFamous? Stasis blast doesn't stop enemies forever, because it doesn't do so in the game. Adelle from FF tactics? Nasieem and Ldja are noted to work temporarily.

It works like that, and unlike bleeding or burning working for a few seconds then miraculously stopping, no, there's nothing to indicate we should just treat it as gameplay mechanics. Simple as that. Just using Ain to justify things without thinking of the context of his own abilities ain't the answer.

It's not in her story for sure, or her skills. Would it be some in-story line or scaling from some boss?

The LoL characters profiles do that, or at least most of the ones i saw, and that is when they do have that stated.

I am not saying it should be said the effects "last forever", most likely they don't, it's just that they more than likely don't last too short either, that's exactly why why most of the examples you gave don't give a set duration, it just says they are temporary in some way.

Also, iirc Mario's profile does not mentions durations either, neither does Kirby's profiles, if you more wanted examples.

The problem really is that, in Elsword case at least, almost none (if any) of the abilities's descriptions themselves *actually* state that the effects are temporary, it only says what the power does, the things like "Magical damage %, duration, cooldown, etc" are mentioned as a separated thing from the power itself, and that is the "gameplay-mechanic" part of it, so what we try to agree that: If the ability description itself does not mention a "temporary" or "duration" effect for the ability itself, then only what the power itself does should be mentioned. Because really, otherwise every single non-story stated power (Aka powers we know from skills) in Elsword would be "temporary" and that makes no sense.

IIrc it is because she estabilised a Space-Time distortion or something like this?

I actually wonder Oz Sorcerer's Tier since she is powered by a Demon God, i guess it would depend on the Tier of gods in general.

The LoL characters are the worst example you could use, seeing how it's a highly technical game with very blatant cases of gameplay mechanics. Ascribing the same things to LoL and Elsword when they aren't even similar doesn't lead to much. And the point I am trying to make is not to give exact times, just to add the fact there's time limits. We are an indexing site first and foremost after all.

Considering all of the cross correlation between different games, because these are stupidly big franchises, and side material of varying relevancy like author statements, possible guides, and more densely packed and easy to access lore, we have the issue of not knowing the context of their CRTs, so those examples don't help.

That's where you apply common sense, again. Common sense tells you that inflicting bleed on someone won't disappear in a few seconds because "debuffs", nor inflicting bleed in a machine enemy make any kind of sense unless there's some in-universe explanation (robots need special blood equivalent to function, the bleed is more conceptual, blah blah blah). Setting fire to someone doesn't die down, you don't recover your defense if the defense debuff consists of destroying your armor, or something like that. But Add's case is nothing like this, there's literally no reason to think the skill interacts in anyway different. You are confusing an ability having an effective time, which is far from rare in fiction, to an ability having something so game-y like a cooldown. And this isn't even LoL, where a lot of those details are very obviously game oriented for hero diversity and gameplay balance. Add obviously can't use his thing forever or it'd be broken, but it's much less assumption to say it works like in the game when there's no big reason to think it doesn't.

Really? Ugh, if there was some sort of easy access to the general lore that had it better compiled than the wiki this would be way easier...

They should just release a manhua and gives us 3-A Minor Gods and Demon Gods already.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Maybe CTRL F to find the scan if it's in this very same thread? If not, maybe ask Velox since he seemed to be going along with Kaze's progress? And no, he shouldn't. He's not connected to the totality of time and space itself across all of existence. Plus if it was truly across the entire set of infinite realities, there wouldn't need to be a "an" Add destroying individual timelines, or having to go from one to the next and the next, there would just be "Add" across all of space and time.
Do take a note that Add didn't fuse with space-time at the time where he destroying timelines. He only fuses with it at the end of the quote. So we don't really know what he capable of after merging himself with space-time.

That is right, yes. Add doesn't destroy timelines as Mad Paradox, he destryoing timelines is only a Pre-Mad Paradox thing, aka before he tied his being to the essence of Spave-Time, he does not do that " destroying individual timelines, or having to go from one to the next and the next." after becoming Mad Paradox, he only does that as Time Tracer/Diabolic Esper.

Of course the scans is not there, it because the sandbox was incomplete, either way i gonnna digging the old comment on kaze pm on discord to find the scans, if its not there then welp...

previously I also thought that Add should be 2B / 2A, but he has never demonstrated anything on this level, not on the offensive side, but because of he being tied to space-time, he should have 2B / 2A immortality.

Btw, the countless/infinite timelines statments are from the novels.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Btw just asking which characters you all want to start make?
I could start to do Aisha's Metamorphy, thought it initially just be her powers/skills and her default job tier since that can be get from Ain's.

Was just wondering since technically she's a neighbor coming over from DFO. But DFO doesn't have things like her 3 advancement, so she should be Elsword-y enough to get her one.

Plus, I am insanely biased for any class that uses minions or guns so **** me

Well, Elesis herself is a crossover character, so i don't see any issue for Rose having profiles as well, even more so when Rose is present in the game's story with the other characters.

Yes, she comes from a game-verse Grand Chase, in which Elsword itself initially based on.. Elsword (the character) also exists there, tho he is irrelevant.

The original game unfortunately shutdown but there is continuation of it in Mobile.

Just noticed that Code: Sariel has Macro-Quantum Manipulations due to controlling Electrons, i guess that is very Hax?

Like someone mentioned, i am certain that the removed skills also be used on the characters right? since they were removed solely due to gameplay and not because the characters somehow forgot how to use them lol;

Back