• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The game has finally arrive, and for celebration let's all discussing it in this thread

Welcome everyone to the new golden age of fighting games, and after a long redemption, Street Fighter has finally set it step to the bigger leap and it payed very well
Discuss and chat everything here from the gameplay, tourney, characters, and most importanlty, indexing

And without any further talk, let's begin the thread!
l3bg7nmfPpPzam5jOVlaUFww.jpg

images

OMFG this is soooo much I'm dying oooohhhh.
I'm expecting some big haxes and plot shit for Bison and the best's that Terry and Mai are going to be canoooon.

I LITERALLY LOST IT! (even though I expected Rock as the second guest over Mai, but hey, I'm very happy to complain)

I still can't believe it.
A little sad for Elena, who gets completely overshadowed by the guests, Bison can at least defend himself.

Now I wonder if Terry and Mai will just pop out of nowhere or there'll be a "meta" explanation.

Likewise, Bison has either regenerate himself or took over some poor folk.

I'm also getting a hunch of a continuation of WT or a real story mode, you can't just throw all of 'em in there without backing it up with something, come on.

Tbf this version might be more puzzling than it seems.
In the trailer he says he'll take this "M. Bison" name that the Player calls him with for himself, implying he might not be the real Bison.

On the other hand the Facebook page (possibly even Twitter idk) calls him "amnesiac rider", possibly hinting of him having no memories of his past, perhabs a side effect of a more traumatic and difficult resurrection or body hop.

The gameplay trailer also shows him emitting flares of bluish energy, which I believe being Soul Power, the one he had before corrupting it.
He also seems incapable of bearing the full might of his Psycho Power, which is shown to suddenly and violently burst out at times. Likewise, his aim is seemingly to absorb sources of Psycho Power scattered around.

I think it's more of a reference to Kenshiro, the horse is identical to Black King and the hood resembles Ken's time skip outfit, the time when he inherited the ride from Raoh.

Watching Max reaction, apparently Bison has no memories and thirsts for power, given how he looks in SF6, i guess it pretty much paints the picture he is back in an unstable weak body not even knowing of himself anymore

If thats the same body, that would be like what power? Regen?

Although given the timeline is SF5 -> SF3 -> SF6 and its a gap where characters clearly aged from, its not gonna be useful in middle of battle, let alone SF6 shows his state he is in

Yeah atm I can only imagine this being long term regen (Or they retcon the events of his defeat in V to simply being knocked out or something), but yeah really weird that it's not a new body

Let's wait for Bison to come out, I hope his dialogues will shed more light on the matter.
The same article says his arcade mode and stuff will explain everything and his story is heavily connected to other dlc characters. Nakayama also mentions that Bison was indeed hakai'd and in his victory pose we can see his hand crack the same way it cracked when Ryu destroyed him, so I guess he managed to reform himself and is always struggling to keep his body from fading again.

So I guess it's just a matter of waiting.

Last edited:
Back