• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elsword Discussion Thread

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
No, she didn't want to go beyond containing her flames, but that she thought that to unlock more of her power she would need to change how she did it and not just release more power.
Which still doesn't dispel the idea that it sounds metaphorical. Here we have someone spelling fire from every pore of her body as easy as you and I breath, unharmed by it all at the same time and commanding the flames seemlessly. You don't need to take incarnation of flames to its literal extreme for it to make sense.

Even blazing heart before she became one was described to Elesis as "having a body made of flames" which is obviously not the case. Even the trivia from the wiki seems to agree only Mad Paradox and Herrscher don't possess a physical body.
I honestly just don't think that taking it literally wouldn't make sense really. Considering we have a charcter that becomes an infinite void and an Abstract Existence Type 1 in his 3rd Job, someone else becoming an Element doesn't sound illogical really, considering the emphasis of it being said multiple times of her becoming "Fire itself", and not "Like fire itself" or "Turning into fire".

Well, Fire is still a Physical thing, albeit intagible, so even then she's still Physical. Herrscher is literally Void and Mad Paradox is made of Space-Time.

Fire is pretty much just energy.

And it doesn't make sense because the dude who becomes an infinite void directly states so, plus all the other things we find out from story, plus even his Hyper Active referencing it. How much more explicit you can get from "Open a dimension of void and futility and reveal your true form." I really don't know, but Elesis has not a scrap of something similar beyond her story details that can be explained with her just being absurdly capable manipulating fire. Not to mention, intangibility and Low/Mid-Godly is not a small thing to add, and needs good proof.

And it doesn't make sense because the dude who becomes an infinite void directly states so, plus all the other things we find out from story, plus even his Hyper Active referencing it. How much more explicit you can get from "Open a dimension of void and futility and reveal your true form." I really don't know, but Elesis has not a scrap of something similar beyond her story details that can be explained with her just being absurdly capable manipulating fire.

Like i said, i think that really is fact that we don't see it much in-game is simply the fact that the 3rd Job Classes are too limited to show more of that stuff since they only have one skill essentially, in most cases we only really know what the characters can do based on the Class stories alone, and not what they do in-game.

Anothing thing, the thing that is used to get her to 3rd class job is "Flame Incarnate", and the only other "thing" similar to that is Herrscher's "Void Incarnate", if that is any proof, though it might not be much really, just a funny fact.

That's actually much better. And perhaps they are limited, but we can garner better justification from there at times. I just don't feel convinced at all by that little amount of infomration. Especially since we should also extend those changes to Blazing Heart due to the "body of fire" statement.

Actually it doesn't apply to Blazing Heart Elesis, because the story says "The secretary of Feita relates the legend of Blazing Heart, a warrior who had a body made of flames and who commanded fire with great ease.". The "body of made of fire" part is not actually talking about Elesis, but about the Legendary person on which Elesis probably named the class after, so the "Fire itself" is still only applicable to Flame Lord.

It would feel weird for her not to have the supposed traits if she reached such a level.

Still, body of fire would have the same problem I have with incarnation of fire. It would still sound like embellished exaggeration to hype up someone that has such power over flames. I remain entirely against it.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
It would feel weird for her not to have the supposed traits if she reached such a level.
Still, body of fire would have the same problem I have with incarnation of fire. It would still sound like embellished exaggeration to hype up someone that has such power over flames. I remain entirely against it.
Well, it's not like "Blazing Heart" is a "level", it is literally the name of a legendary warrior and not a level of power to be achieved. Elesis's probably just took the name for her class. besides, having a "Body made of fire" and literally being "the element Fire itself" are not really the same thing, though the latter would grant the former.

Considering the other "proof" i mentioned of Flame Lord's class change being called as the same kind as Herrschers's "Void Incarnate" combined with the multiple mentions in her story, as opposed to Blazing Heart's "body of fire" which is not even actually talking about her, it does seems to me to be literal more than not, it's just unfortunate we don't actually get to see much of it applied in-game in Flame Lord's case, but i guess we won't get in a agreement in that matter.

Also, i guess we could discuss about the 3rd Job classes with the highest tiers first, since most of the have the same general tiers.

Considering Allegro made a direct reference to those words and the legend, not to mention being able to recognize the latent fire power in her and helping her unlock it, I kinda doubt they would have little relevance.

And indeed we likely won't, sadly. But my point is not about convincing any of you, but about not applying anything like that one sidedly without a proper CRT.

The ones i can get on my mind that are the Strongest paths of characters are:

• Aisha: Metamorphy
  • Eve: Code Ultimate
  • Add: Mad Paradox
  • Luciel: Catastrophe
  • Laby: Nisha Labyrinth or Radiant Soul

the only thing I can remember about FL's skills that indicate she is made of fire is the passive Heart of Fire, which allows she to heal herself by absorbing fire.

Which of Elsword's Job paths would be the "Strongest?" I'd guess Rune Master since he masters the El in that class i believe?

XDragnoir said:
the only thing I can remember about FL's skills that indicate she is made of fire is the passive Heart of Fire, which allows she to heal herself by absorbing fire.
Which makes sense, trying to burn/shoot fire at the incarnation of fire isn't a wise thing to do anyway lol.

all 3 Elsword's class are similar in power, the only change is the combat style, so the 3 are probably the same.

XDragnoir said:
all 3 Elsword's class are similar in power, the only change is the combat style, so the 3 are probably the same.
The difference in essence would be that Immortal also uses Dark El.

A funny thing about Heart of Fire is that Elesis only absorbs burn debuffs at lower health.

"Hahahaha! Die burnt up into ashes, you powerless girl!"

"Ghhh..! This, thi-" Hits lower than 50% HP. "Oh Golly this is helping me recover, thanks!"

"Wait, what in the fu-"

How many bits does the El have? Or is it only a light side and a dark side?

Well, the "Only at lower health" thing is obvioulsly a game-mechanic really, I guess for PVP not to be broken if the enemy has a burning effect on the weapon lol.

There is the Normal El and the Dark El, the Normal El is divided into Elemental Els, which are what the El Masters control, and the Dark El is simply the opposite of El all together and is what powers most demons.

No, many skills work differently when they are used in PVP. That's how it works in the game as a whole.

I just find it funny nothing more. Mainly to just imagine how that'd work out story wise.

I wonder which Tier would Richter be? obviously he is much above the normal 3rd Jobs but where exaclty he'd be at? He isn't as strong as Herrscher obviously.

I don't think we have, the very few of the deities we know is only by by name, and they don't really specify which gods are "Minor Gods" either, i assume any deity that isn't Ishamel and above (Henir and Elria).

Ritcher, Kaze said Ritcher might be equal to his Herrscher counterpart. Beside there is an abilities which make him confused af, whenever it should be law manipulation or else.

Time to ask for a big novel adaptation that gives us tons of lore and Low 2-C minor deities.

What is the canon path for Ain then? If it's Ritcher, could be scaled like the others off from the bosses they beat.

Then it's hard to know, but they should at the very least get an "at least" from the bosses, The story wouldn't work for these alternate paths if they couldn't circumvent the bosses.

If anything, it is said in one of the Dungueon End Dialogues, i think by Ara, that the Chaos Leviathan on the First stage of Varnymir is the most powerful monster they have ever faced.

Els is Knight Emperor, Aisha is Aether Sage, Rena is Daybreaker, Chung Comete Crusader, Raven is Rage Hearts, Eve is Code Esencia, Ara is Apsara, Elesis is Empire Sword, Add is Doom Bringer, Lu/Ciel is Innocent, Rose is Minerva, Ain is Bluhen and Lady is Radiant Soul.

Ironically, most of the canon Job Paths are weakest ones of each character lol.

Knight Emperor, Aether Sage, Daybreaker, Rage Hearts, Code: Esencia, Comet Crusader, Apsara, Empire Sword, Doom Bringer, Innocent, Minerva, Bluhen and Radiant Soul.

Edit: Ninja'd

Back