• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Nobody saw that
0d7bb63350ecb42577af69772db95f7d.png

I don't see anything wrong with that, though by sheer technicality shouldn't his P&A have two keys considering he didn't make Thops' Barrier until right before his demise when he actually gained entry into the academy?
Wait, like an AP boost or just a second key specifically for adding Thops' Barrier?

For just his P&A, we make separate keys for just abilities for a bunch of characters.
Honestly do we really need to give him a second key for that? He gains it only after he reaches the Academy yes, but by the time he gets it he's dead and it changes nothing for his character (aside from the fact that people in the Academy will remember him as a great sorcerer but that's just lore stuff). Bottom line, combat-wise I don't think this is notable enough to warrant a full-blown second key

Maybe he should just get something like "x after developping his barrier"

Last edited:
Honestly do we really need to give him a second key for that. He gains it only after he reaches the Academy yes, but by the time he gets it he's dead and it changes nothing for his character (aside from the fact that people in the Academy will remember him as a great sorcerer but that's just lore stuff). Bottom line, combat-wise I don't think this is notable enough to warrant a full-blown second key

Maybe he should just get something like "x after developping his barrier"
I guess.

Okay, I know this will probably never happen since it's not canon and all but...by Darth Plagueis the Wise, I wish we could make profiles for these Convergence bosses

Okay, I know this will probably never happen since it's not canon and all but...by Darth Plagueis the Wise, I wish we could make profiles for these Convergence bosses

The convergence mod is one of the few overhaul mods that I actually really like (for both DS3 and ER). The only thing to beat it out recently in terms of quality recently imo is the Archthrones mod for DS3.

But yeah, compared to something like Graceborne or the Garden of Eyes mod, it’s really well done.

Been playing Convergence with Seamless Coop alongside 2 friends and we're having a blast. Some bosses I think are more interesting than the base game ones. My favorite mod for Souls likes are Convergence for DS3, Cinders for DS2, Seeker of Fire for DS2 and there is one huge mod coming for DS1 as well. Archthrones was also very good.

Been playing Convergence with Seamless Coop alongside 2 friends and we're having a blast. Some bosses I think are more interesting than the base game ones. My favorite mod for Souls likes are Convergence for DS3, Cinders for DS2, Seeker of Fire for DS2 and there is one huge mod coming for DS1 as well. Archthrones was also very good.
I like ones that do something interesting with old move sets. For example, the Godskin Matriarch isn’t just one moveset put on a new model. She combines a bunch of moves from things like O’Rin, Friede, and even the Corrupted Monk I think.

praying for another small Elden ring expansion that's just the Sekiro gauntlets. I mean the boss souls are literally called remembrances. I would love to remember them and fight them again without having to play through the entire game again.
The only reason to play NG+ on this game imo is for killing bosses again with different builds.

I don’t want to do 20 minutes of running across the map to talk to Iji to face Radahn again. Then I have to finish the game AGAIN which would take a few hours to face him again.

Yeah, this game desperately needs a boss replay mode.

Also, has anyone played Demon’s Souls Remake and has an item called “Pure Bladestone” and is willing to drop to me? ****, been farming for hours now.

Not the thread for it but eh.

No, but if anyone has been playing SotE and decided to do Leda's side quests, could they please dupe Swift Slash and tradeit with me? I promise I won't use it to be a tumor in PvP.

praying for another small Elden ring expansion that's just the Sekiro gauntlets. I mean the boss souls are literally called remembrances. I would love to remember them and fight them again without having to play through the entire game again.
If we’re lucky, we’ll get a GOTY edition that bundles SOTE with the base games and gives us something extra like a boss replay or rush mode. Outside of that I don’t see much else happening

I was hoping to work on a few (mainly Bayle), but I’m in university rn so it’ll take a bit.
I'm doing Messmer, Leda (like I said, their blog are pretty much ready, maybe some changes but they're overall only waiting for a confirmation), Ansbach, Rellana (same as Messmer and Leda, blog is ready) and Ymir, the rest is free as far as I'm aware

So I remember a while ago that we were discussing if the multiplayer in Elden ring was proof of it having a multiverse or just a gameplay thing. and it seemed like the general consensus was that it's a possibility but most multiplayer items are referring to gameplay explanations and Igon's dialogue seems to imply golden phantoms are summoned souls.

I'm neutral on the subject but I was looking through some items and found some interesting things.
from Fureled Finger's Trick Mirror
A small, clouded mirror that reflects a flesh-and-blood figure.

Makes the bearer take on the appearance of a Host of Fingers

One of the ritual implements created by the Tarnished to deceive invaders
from Host's Trick-Mirror
A small, clouded mirror that reflects a flesh-and-blood figure.

Makes the bearer take on the appearance of a summoned cooperator.

One of the ritual implements created by the Tarnished to deceive invaders.
from scriptstone
Ruin Fragment with a cipher inscription.
Craftable item.

Uses FP to reveal more messages from other worlds.

Words are gregarious things, drawn to one another much as people are.
Now these are interesting because these things don't have explicit gameplay mechanic terms like multiplayer, other players, and etc. But they do still mention terms like Invaders, host of fingers, and other worlds. And the mirrors use the invader term in the last part of the description which is typically allocated to lore. And I think It would be kinda odd if they used the term invader if it was actually just a guy coming out of nowhere and attacking someone, and not someone coming from another world or something. And while the script stone uses the other word term in the middle section its description is like the description of other item tools like the Wraith calling bell and others. And for those items, I don't think there is any reason in particular to assume that the middle description is purely a gameplay thing and not something that's also happening in the world/lore.

Like I said I'm neutral on the subject but I do find it interesting that there is a few items out there that do seem to imply the existence of other worlds, invaders, and such purely in a lore sense without explicit gameplay terms. Even if the general consensus stays the same I think it would make for some pretty good discussion.

Do we think the Star level ratings really hold up?

And how do y'all feel about the argument that the Elden Beast is using illusion magic because of similar particle effects and colors and all to other spells?

Speaking about this because of a blog for Tarnished VS Link that argued against the higher stuff for ER

So is there anything preventing us from scaling Radahn, Consort of Miquella to double the current mountain level value that all the top tiers scale to? Since it's a mountain level level character amped by another mountain level character.

Do we think the Star level ratings really hold up?

And how do y'all feel about the argument that the Elden Beast is using illusion magic because of similar particle effects and colors and all to other spells?

Speaking about this because of a blog for Tarnished VS Link that argued against the higher stuff for ER
Oh yay time for our monthly star-level discussion.

I jest but in all seriousness, I do think they hold up. just to make it quick
items and characters say fate is in the stars of the night sky.
  1. Blue-White Wooden Shield
  2. Telescope
  3. Sellen and Iji dialogue
  4. Celestial Dew
  5. Preceptor's Set
the seemingly existence of other great cosmic structures and general space things meaning the world of Elden ring isn't like a small bubble system with only one real star or something like that.
  1. Stars of Ruin: Mentions the death of a great star cluster
  2. Scepter of the All-Knowing: states the eye represents the heavens(universe kanji in Japanese) with a galaxy looking thing in it
  3. Black Leather Shield: says it depicts the polar star
  4. Ranni's ending also having a galaxy structure in it but that's more visual than stated
The several items and enemies that are connected to space, stars, and the cosmos with nebulas. which are directly connected to real star formation.
  1. Astel, Naturalborn of the Void: has several nebula attacks
  2. Wing of Astel & Bastard's Stars: both have ash's of war called nebula explicitly and are connected to Astel who has the same attack
  3. Founding Rain of Stars: its description uses the language dark cloud of stars which is the same used for the nebula attacks(nebula kanji in Japanese). and then from it, glintstones(amber of the stars) came raining down.
  4. Elden Beast also using nebula attacks while having lots of cosmic imagery such as it's inners looking like a super cluster.
Astel being called a malformed star means it is by no means the norm and a derivation from what is typical of stars

And the Preceptor's set saying it depicts the movement of the stars while having balls of fire depicted on it. (my personal favorite lol)

As for what we actually see after Radahn's death I don't really see a reason to believe that he couldn't have held back both all those meteors and what could be real stars. And the meteor shower is what see because it's just the closest to the Earth. Also, I found the sun argument the blog made really weird. because even if Radahn stopped the sun's grand movement with respect to the wider cosmos the earth still revolves around the sun (presumably). And that there's probably gameplay limitations and stuff like that, so Fromsoft probably wouldn't be too bothered to actually make a scientifically accurate sky box that changes as time progresses. I mean no matter how much time passes the moons stay in the same phase at all times. so ya know...

Anyway, that's my summarized thoughts on why I think the star rating still have some good ground to stand on.

Last edited:
Kind of weird so many ER characters have a profile except the main character of the game lol.

What's the highest the tarnished could scale to realistically, with no highball involved? Solar system? Star? Multi solar? Also unless I'm mistaken, Elden Ring is by far the strongest of all Souls verses? Especially since the DLC heavily implies the greater will created the universe

On another note I really hope we get a smaller more linear expansion to truly finish off Elden Ring. The ending of SOTE was very barebones.

Kind of weird so many ER characters have a profile except the main character of the game lol.

What's the highest the tarnished could scale to realistically, with no highball involved? Solar system? Star? Multi solar? Also unless I'm mistaken, Elden Ring is by far the strongest of all Souls verses? Especially since the DLC heavily implies the greater will created the universe

On another note I really hope we get a smaller more linear expansion to truly finish off Elden Ring. The ending of SOTE was very barebones.
The reason why the Tarnished doesn't have a profile is because they have so much shit to go through and use that putting it all on a profile would be a clusterfuck so it's going last.

Fair enough. Magic in Elden Ring is a lot more varied than previous titles
Fr

Magic in Dark Souls: Energy beams, fire, some poison, some invisibility, some lightning, some heal, some enhancement

Magic in ER: All of that but much more varied plus blood, ice, gravity beams and explosions, lava, necromancy, sleep, rock shards and spikes and boulders, life-draining, light beams and circles, big (from big to BIG) magic swords and bows, nukes, stars, meteors, comets, etc

And you can also partially turn into a dragon
In some cases not even partially, look at Magma Wyrms.

Also a Tarnished who has eaten Bayles heart is straight up confirmed to one day get completely consumed by Bayles soul.
Fr

Magic in Dark Souls: Energy beams, fire, some poison, some invisibility, some lightning, some heal, some enhancement

Magic in ER: All of that but much more varied plus blood, ice, gravity beams and explosions, lava, necromancy, sleep, rock shards and spikes and boulders, life-draining, light beams and circles, big (from big to BIG) magic swords and bows, nukes, stars, meteors, comets, etc
Also shit like causality manipulation and time manipulation (though admittedly we don't know how Farum Azula being outside of time came to be). Funnily enough, despite its Lovecraftian nature and esoteric organisms, the magic (or I guess arcane) in Bloodborne is very barebones. But I guess Great Ones don't have much need for magic when they can create pocket dimensions and cause most people to go crazy simply by looking at them

Back