• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I'd have considered this argument, had the invasions/wanderings NOT been a part of the lore/story. But, as we know at certain locations in the Lands Between, there are several AI invasions as well as our invasions into worlds with AI Tarnished. This means that the world hopping is done canonically, albeit the why and how aren't exactly know like you pointed out. Moreover, if they're NOT different worlds, there'd be several contradictions such as the ones that I pointed out.

The multiple Erdtrees we see in Elden Beast's arena further solidify this, as the Erdtree defines order in all of existence. Multiple Erdtrees would mean that there are multiple existence(s)/realities. I believe this much evidence is enough for a verse like Elden Ring, as its medieval fantasy setting simply doesn't allow for fairly modern cosmological terms such as "universe" being used.
Just cause invasions are apart of the hame doesn’t mean that the rules applied to them aren’t just game mechanics. Invasions where we help NPCs happen in our game world, it’s just interacting with summon signs is a way for us to initiate combat. As an example, Yura in our world summons is to help him when he’s dealing with bloody fingers (specifically at Raya Lucaria). Later when he dies, we see his body in our world and we don’t need a summon sign. My point is that NPCs like Yura and the things that happen to them exist in our world, it’s just the developers use summon signs as a conduit for us to interact with those encounters. It’s the same with Leda when she goes to fight the Hornsent or Ansbach. Hell it’s even the same for red NPCs like Thiollier.

Granted, I will say the idea of multiple Erdtrees implying the existence of other worlds is interesting and worth arguing, I don’t see any other relevant evidence besides their existence which points to anything. And like Latin said too, I’m open to the idea, but in my opinion there isn’t much strong evidence to say whether the idea of invading other worlds is literal or not.

Edit: This is also something else I just noticed while looking at descriptions, but I feel like it’s kind of obvious that a lot of the “other world” statements used in multiplayer items are in sections of non-canon information. They use words like “multiplayer”, “cooperator”, “invader”, “boss”, etc, while explicitly keeping the lore names of things in separate parentheses. Thus, I think it makes it kinda obvious that the kind of invasion we use on other players is separate from how invasions are used in game, and the word worlds is just used to describe said mechanic.

I hope that all makes sense, I know I’m kinda spouting off a lot of ideas lol.

Just cause invasions are apart of the hame doesn’t mean that the rules applied to them aren’t just game mechanics. Invasions where we help NPCs happen in our game world, it’s just interacting with summon signs is a way for us to initiate combat. As an example, Yura in our world summons is to help him when he’s dealing with bloody fingers (specifically at Raya Lucaria). Later when he dies, we see his body in our world and we don’t need a summon sign. My point is that NPCs like Yura and the things that happen to them exist in our world, it’s just the developers use summon signs as a conduit for us to interact with those encounters. It’s the same with Leda when she goes to fight the Hornsent or Ansbach. Hell it’s even the same for red NPCs like Thiollier.

Granted, I will say the idea of multiple Erdtrees implying the existence of other worlds is interesting and worth arguing, I don’t see any other relevant evidence besides their existence which points to anything. And like Latin said too, I’m open to the idea, but in my opinion there isn’t much strong evidence to say whether the idea of invading other worlds is literal or not.

Edit: This is also something else I just noticed while looking at descriptions, but I feel like it’s kind of obvious that a lot of the “other world” statements used in multiplayer items are in sections of non-canon information. They use words like “multiplayer”, “cooperator”, “invader”, “boss”, etc, while explicitly keeping the lore names of things in separate parentheses. Thus, I think it makes it kinda obvious that the kind of invasion we use on other players is separate from how invasions are used in game, and the word worlds is just used to describe said mechanic.

I hope that all makes sense, I know I’m kinda spouting off a lot of ideas lol.
But these are lore items with quests dedicated to them (Bloody Finger), so why would their descriptions be non-canon? Terms like "multiplayer", "co-operator", etc are there so that the player can understand what the item does in IRL terms, but the part stating:-
Attempts an invasion of another player's world.
If successful, you will arrive as an invader (Bloody Finger) with the objective of defeating the Host of Fingers of that world.
Is using in-lore terminology. So why would it be non-canon? The multiple Erdtrees part in EB's arena can be used in conjunction with this.

Last edited:
I mean should we take that literal thought?
I don't think that there's any figurative meaning behind those lines. The item used for world hopping (Bloody Finger) is a part of the lore and has a quest dedicated to it. We know that these "worlds" are different because if they weren't, there would be lore contradictions. EB's arena having multiple Erdtrees in the backdrop (that govern all of existence individually) further corroborate this ER multiverse theory.

But these are lore items with quests dedicated to them (Bloody Finger), so why would their descriptions be non-canon? Terms like "multiplayer", "co-operator", etc are there so that the player can understand what the item does in IRL terms, but the part stating:-

Is using in-lore terminology. So why would it be non-canon? The multiple Erdtrees part in EB's arena can be used in conjunction with this.
Sorry, non-cannon was a bad term to use. I’m not saying the items descriptions are entirely non cannon, but that instead of their descriptions being used to convey story elements to the player, they are instead being used to explain gameplay mechanics. Thus, I don’t see how lord information could be taken from them.

Sorry, non-cannon was a bad term to use. I’m not saying the items descriptions are entirely non cannon, but that instead of their descriptions being used to convey story elements to the player, they are instead being used to explain gameplay mechanics. Thus, I don’t see how lord information could be taken from them.
"Host of fingers", "world", and "invaders" are lore terms, while "multiplayer", "cooperative", etc convey gameplay mechanics. When you defeat an invader, the game states "INVADER VANQUISHED". It's similar to how the game says "ENEMY FELLED", "GREAT ENEMY FELLED", "LEGEND FELLED", "DEMIGOD FELLED", and "GOD SLAIN". So, "invaders" arriving from different "worlds" where they have to defeat the player i.e. "host of fingers", is canon to the lore.

Back