• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Also I forgot about the fact that Metyr's music literally uses black hole sounds on the side of it being a Quasar.
Okay, I just thought of something which might actually account for every part of Metyr’s Pulsar-Quasar attack: It’s neither. It’s actually most likely to be a Blazar

I know that this probably doesn't entirely fit our frame of reference when it comes to powerscaling, but The Beastiary posted this video a few days ago, and it's relly damn good.

I know that this probably doesn't entirely fit our frame of reference when it comes to powerscaling, but The Beastiary posted this video a few days ago, and it's relly damn good.

I've been meaning to check out this guys series for a while. Not that I necessarily think all of his takes are accurate, but he does a fairly good job presenting as much information as possible for each character.

Also, I started working on a page for Bayle. Does anyone have any thoughts on how his immortality should work? Bayle's heart states:

"Even after being consumed, the throbbing heart of Bayle continues to resist its subjugation, never weakening. One day, the fire within will consume the very body and soul of its Communion devourer. One day."

Right now, I have it labeled as Type 2, 4, and 6 via Soul and Fire manipulation, but do you guys think I should add type 3 into that? (And if so would it be High-Mid regeneration based on coming back from a heart or Low-Godly based on coming back from the soul attached to the heart?)

Also, I started working on a page for Bayle. Does anyone have any thoughts on how his immortality should work? Bayle's heart states:

"Even after being consumed, the throbbing [REDACTED] of Bayle continues to resist its subjugation, never weakening. One day, the fire within will consume the very body and soul of its Communion devourer. One day."

Right now, I have it labeled as Type 2, 4, and 6 via Soul and Fire manipulation, but do you guys think I should add type 3 into that? (And if so would it be High-Mid regeneration based on coming back from a heart or Low-Godly based on coming back from the soul attached to the heart?)
Nah, I don't think type 3 would fit. (also WTF lol)

Nah, I don't think type 3 would fit. (also WTF lol)
Why does it say it's redacted in your reply 😭

Also, I'm honestly wondering now if this feat actually give's Bayle immortality at all. Simply because it only says that Bayle's fire will consume the body and soul of the person who consumes it. Nothing about resurrecting Bayle. Thoughts?

Last edited:

"Even after being consumed, the throbbing heart of Bayle continues to resist its subjugation, never weakening. One day, the fire within will consume the very body and soul of its Communion devourer. One day."

Well for abilities and stats, "OH TERROR INCARNATE"=abstract existence+fear manipulation. "SOLID OF SCALE"=boundless durability.

Type 1 and 2 Immortality are probably the ones that work the best since he's clearly been alive for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG time and can live with losing limbs and clearly his wounds aren't in a better state than Placidusax's.

Speaking of blog, I'm tempted to make one for the Malenia boss from Garden of Eyes. Not to post it or anything (wish we add something to post some mod-based or What if? profiles), just for fun.

And speaking of that again, does anyone know someone who's good with calc? I'm making a blog about Sauron from the Rings of Power series and he has a nice feat at the beginning of season 2 but I'm bad at maths.

I personally like their content (helps that I don't buy anything) and this one is REALLY cool. I mean, the simple fact that they made it possible to climb the Divine Gate, which I wish could be possible in the real DLC. Also, the corpse
I'm still mad you aren't able to climb the divine gate in base game. Such a missed opportunity in a dlc already filled with a bunch of missed opportunities.
And speaking of that again, does anyone know someone who's good with calc? I'm making a blog about Sauron from the Rings of Power series and he has a nice feat at the beginning of season 2 but I'm bad at matmaths
Can I see the feat?

I've been meaning to check out this guys series for a while. Not that I necessarily think all of his takes are accurate, but he does a fairly good job presenting as much information as possible for each character.
The sheer hard work that went into this video is commendable, but I heavily disagree with some of his placements. Rykard above Maliketh is crazy

Type 1 and 2 Immortality are probably the ones that work the best since he's clearly been alive for a LOOOOOONNNNNGGG time and can live with losing limbs and clearly his wounds aren't in a better state than Placidusax's.
Sounds good. So I’ll just switch his powers to Type 1 & 2 Immortality with his Soul and Fire manip being separate

The sheer hard work that went into this video is commendable, but I heavily disagree with some of his placements. Rykard above Maliketh is crazy
It’s not the craziest thing ever. While I still think Maliketh take’s it pretty easy, Rykard is arguably one of the strongest demigods and possible stronger than we give him credit for.

It’s not the craziest thing ever. While I still think Maliketh take’s it pretty easy, Rykard is arguably one of the strongest demigods and possible stronger than we give him credit for.
Demigod Rykard is pretty fearless, Snake Rykard is narratively strong as shit since canonically the tarnished only defeats him with the serpent hunter, but that version of him is also nearly featless

Demigod Rykard is pretty fearless, Snake Rykard is narratively strong as shit since canonically the tarnished only defeats him with the serpent hunter, but that version of him is also nearly featless
Technically you can kill him without serpent hunter, so that point is kinda moot for scaling purposes. The only thing we have to go off of is the fact that his entire existence is devoted to devouring the God's and his in game name hints at his ability to do that. Whether that means he could or not is up for debate.

Technically you can kill him without serpent hunter, so that point is kinda moot for scaling purposes. The only thing we have to go off of is the fact that his entire existence is devoted to devouring the God's and his in game name hints at his ability to do that. Whether that means he could or not is up for debate.
Yeah but I feel that narratively we're pretty much meant to use the serpent hunter to beat him.

I think Snake Rykard can only devour the gods once he reaches a big enough size/gains enough power. When we meet him he's still busy munching on tarnished

I'm still mad you aren't able to climb the divine gate in base game. Such a missed opportunity in a dlc already filled with a bunch of missed opportunities.

Can I see the feat?

There. It happens at 2:50. I don't know if that can count as an outright power or as Environmental Destruction but I have a feeling it can give some pretty good stuff

I think Snake Rykard can only devour the gods once he reaches a big enough size/gains enough power. When we meet him he's still busy munching on tarnished
Yes, but at the point we fight the serpent it is no longer called a " Blasphemous Serpent" and instead has gained the title "God Devouring Serpent" which implies it had already devoured at least one God. Add in the fact the Blasphemous Claw tells us that a pre-shattering Rykard was willing to fight Malekith before he even got a great rune and then fed himself to the serpent to gain even more power, and him devouring a God doesn't seem so far fetched. So personally I believe Rykard to be at a lesser God's level of power and he was only gathering more power in order to face a stronger God like Marika and be sure of coming out the fight a victor.

There. It happens at 2:50. I don't know if that can count as an outright power or as Environmental Destruction but I have a feeling it can give some pretty good stuff

Looks above my pay grade unfortunately. Only thing I would be able to do is the initial blast. Have no idea on the weather change related stuff. Might still give it a try though.

Yes, but at the point we fight the serpent it is no longer called a " Blasphemous Serpent" and instead has gained the title "God Devouring Serpent" which implies it had already devoured at least one God. Add in the fact the Blasphemous Claw tells us that a pre-shattering Rykard was willing to fight Malekith before he even got a great rune and then fed himself to the serpent to gain even more power, and him devouring a God doesn't seem so far fetched. So personally I believe Rykard to be at a lesser God's level of power and he was only gathering more power in order to face a stronger God like Marika and be sure of coming out the fight a victor.
Titles in ER are weird in all fairness. Maybe he was called God Devouring Serpent because he had the strength to do it despite not actually having done it yet? Malenia is called a goddess of rot in her 2nd phase, but every piece of evidence supports the fact that she's only bloomed twice so far.

We don't even know what god Rykard supposedly devoured which is the problem, and having the blasphemous claw would only protect him from destined death, Maliketh without destined death had already soloed the gloam eyed queen and her army. I can only ever see the stronger demigods like Radahn and Malenia performing a similar feat

Just cause you technically can defeat him with the Serpent hunter, doesn't mean that's really what's implied by the lore. Rykard has the most health out of any boss in the entire game, and even the lava that surrounds him is meant to dissuade anyone from directly attacking him.

To be honest, the only thing holding Rykard back are his lack of direct statements. Outside of that though, everything points to him being a beast in the modern era. He's one of the only demigods who hasn't gotten weaker from his time in the shattering, and even his need for the Blasphemous claw only implies that he only needed to repel destined death/maliketh's rune of death based hax.

Just cause you technically can defeat him with the Serpent hunter, doesn't mean that's really what's implied by the lore. Rykard has the most health out of any boss in the entire game, and even the lava that surrounds him is meant to dissuade anyone from directly attacking him.

To be honest, the only thing holding Rykard back are his lack of direct statements. Outside of that though, everything points to him being a beast in the modern era. He's one of the only demigods who hasn't gotten weaker from his time in the shattering, and even his need for the Blasphemous claw only implies that he only needed to repel destined death/maliketh's rune of death based hax.
I agree with most of this but I never understood the sentiment of the demigods getting weaker, ER isn't like Dark Souls where the bosses we fight are a shadow of their former selves.

Of the demigods we fight, only Radahn and Rennala (she's not a demigod, but still) are the ones who are actually weaker, and radahn doesn't even count after the dlc anyways, since Consort Radahn is undoubtedly his strongest version. Mohg has spent thousands of years building his blood dynasty by the time we encounter him, Malenia blooms once again against us, Morgott unleashes the power of his Omen heritage to stop us, Godrick has been grafting the shit out of himself, Messmer unleashes the abyssal serpent to beat us, Rykard is at his strongest when we kill him and Miquella ascends to full godhood.

I agree with most of this but I never understood the sentiment of the demigods getting weaker, ER isn't like Dark Souls where the bosses we fight are a shadow of their former selves.

Of the demigods we fight, only Radahn and Rennala (she's not a demigod, but still) are the ones who are actually weaker, and radahn doesn't even count after the dlc anyways, since Consort Radahn is undoubtedly his strongest version. Mohg has spent thousands of years building his blood dynasty by the time we encounter him, Malenia blooms once again against us, Morgott unleashes the power of his Omen heritage to stop us, Godrick has been grafting the shit out of himself, Messmer unleashes the abyssal serpent to beat us, Rykard is at his strongest when we kill him and Miquella ascends to full godhood.
I kinda agree with most of that, except for the fact that a lot of those com from our battles with them. Malenia and Morgott really only reach their old/true potential during our battles with them, Miquella doesn't reach full godhood until the end of the DLC and remains a vegetable for most of the game, and Godrick for all intents and purposes stays relatively stagnant throughout his tenure as a demigod (since the entire flaw of his character as stated by Miyazaki is his stagnation). Of the demigods, really only Rykard and Mohg aren't affected negatively in any way.

That isn't to say any of them are overwhelmingly weaker, just that very few of them are at their peak before we fight them

Yeah, I don't see anything that says the Demidgods are weaker than they originally were aside from Radahn (at least in the main game). All the others are either at the top of their game like they originally were (Malenia, Morgott, Messmer) or are much stronger (Mohg, Rykard, Godrick...sort of, not that it makes a real difference for him since he's a weakling). I don't count Miquella because he only fights after becoming a God so we have no if he was that strong though considering he just came out of the Gate, he probably didn't have the time to develop new powers so what we see him do is probably just a powered-up version of his original abilities

I kinda agree with most of that, except for the fact that a lot of those com from our battles with them. Malenia and Morgott really only reach their old/true potential during our battles with them, Miquella doesn't reach full godhood until the end of the DLC and remains a vegetable for most of the game, and Godrick for all intents and purposes stays relatively stagnant throughout his tenure as a demigod (since the entire flaw of his character as stated by Miyazaki is his stagnation). Of the demigods, really only Rykard and Mohg aren't affected negatively in any way.
Morgott didn't "reach his true potential", he just unlocked his Omen blood. When he fights us as Margit, he's at the top of his game, it's just that he doesn't use his sword because he's ashamed of it. So he never grew weaker actually, he just never used his Omen-related abilities out of shame and because he didn't need them. He only uses them because his usual abilities aren't enough and we have proven to be a genuine problem so he throws everything out of the window and gets more serious.

That isn't to say any of them are overwhelmingly weaker, just that very few of them are at their peak before we fight them
Yeah but none of them grew "weaker", they stayed the same and reached their peak against us. They were never a shadow of their former selves like DS bosses

Morgott didn't "reach his true potential", he just unlocked his Omen blood. When he fights us as Margit, he's at the top of his game, it's just that he doesn't use his sword because he's ashamed of it. So he never grew weaker actually, he just never used his Omen-related abilities out of shame and because he didn't need them. He only uses them because his usual abilities aren't enough and we have proven to be a genuine problem so he throws everything out of the window and gets more serious.
That's what I meant by true potential. Morgott is ashamed of being Omen so he's probably never used the power of his blood until the tarnished came

So that's four profile blogs for the DLC ready with my Messmer, Rellana and Leda blogs at least. Also, the blog looks pretty cool
Thank you. I try to make them aesthetically pleasing lol.

By the way, how do you all think of using this as Midra's infobox image? We've used a lot of Yare Yare Dong's artwork before (even for Radahn and Bayle where the particle effects are a bit off), but the head on this version of Midra is drastically different from how we actually see him in game.

Thank you. I try to make them aesthetically pleasing lol.

By the way, how do you all think of using this as Midra's infobox image? We've used a lot of Yare Yare Dong's artwork before (even for Radahn and Bayle where the particle effects are a bit off), but the head on this version of Midra is drastically different from how we actually see him in game.
Bruh I actually intended to make a blog for him and using that image precisely XD I honestly think it's pretty good. The Radahn image however feels...meh

So two questions.
1. Is there any upgrade to be found for the tarnished parrying Radahn while he moves at the speed of light? And I don't mean perfect deflecting like which was used for the combat speed calc. Since you can parry two of Radahn light speed clone attacks with a parry ash of war on shields, daggers, and etc. And it stops him completely or knocks him on he knees for a repost depending if its the third one. So just wondering if there might be anything there.

2. How serious would something like the elden ring table top rpg manual books be treated as a source of info? I was looking into it and from the limited pages I could find, it has a page saying that one might possibly be as powerful as Marika with all the great runes of the elden ring. And that Malenia is the strongest foe the party faced at that point. With Gideon suprised that the party was able to beat her. Those are some pretty neat statements so I'm wondering if the book has any more of that and if they could be used.

Last edited:
So two questions.
1. Is there any upgrade to be found for the tarnished parrying Radahn while he moves at the speed of light? And I don't mean perfect deflecting like which was used for the combat speed calc. Since you can parry two of Radahn light speed clone attacks with a parry ash of war on shields, daggers, and etc. And it stops him completely or knocks him on he knees for a repost depending if its the third one. So just wondering if there might be anything there.

2. How serious would something like the elden ring table top rpg manual books be treated as a source of info? I was looking into it and from the limited pages I could find, it has a page saying that one might possibly be as powerful as Marika with all the great runes of the elden ring. And that Malenia is the strongest foe the party faced at that point. With Gideon suprised that the party was able to beat her. Those are some pretty neat statements so I'm wondering if the book has any more of that and if they could be used.
1. Yes, there are already calcs being made for the tarnished parrying Radahn iirc. Parrying him is still a relativistic feat iirc, but since we can use Radahns ash of war, the tarnished should still be speed of light at the very least.

2. Malenia being the strongest foe the party has faced is nothing new, since she's always been referred to as the mightiest demigod alongside Radahn, and by the time we fight Radahn he's a shell of his former self (iirc the tabletop came out before the dlc, so no consort Radahn shenanigans) while Malenia grows one step closer to godhood against the tarnished.

I'm not sure about being as powerful as Marika with all the great runes, but honestly that's redundant for 2 reasons:

1: we never acquire all great runes. Ranni discarded hers and Miquellas is broken. And some of the ones we do acquire are permanently damaged, like Malenias.

2. We already defeated the Elden Beast, by that point in the game the tarnished is probably already above Marika and the strongest being in the verse aside from the Outer Gods, obviously.

I beg everyone, for the love of Darth Plagueis the Wise, can we get rid of that awful (and I'm nice) picture for Promised Consort Radahn and use something else, like this. Seriously, that pic on his profile for his DLC self is hideous

elden_ring_dlc_final_boss_promised_consort_radahn_by_abyss1_dhrmqyu-414w-2x.jpg

Or maybe this?

elden-ring-radahn-promised-consort-kill1720478658_picture_item_small.png

I beg everyone, for the love of Darth Plagueis the Wise, can we get rid of that awful (and I'm nice) picture for Promised Consort Radahn and use something else, like this. Seriously, that pic on his profile for his DLC self is hideous

Or maybe this?

I'd probably go with the second one

Or maybe this?

But I like the one we have now. The perspective is fun :(

If we HAVE to change it though, the first is better imo. The second would be better if it didn't have that weird blue glow/squashing

Back