• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Something interesting I saw. Appears as though Godwyn can still attack even if missing his soul though probably not consciously. This would suggest that the mind is separate from the soul since you do need Mind to cast sorceries in the first place.

Something interesting I saw. Appears as though Godwyn can still attack even if missing his soul though probably not consciously. This would suggest that the mind is separate from the soul since you do need Mind to cast sorceries in the first place.

Oh that makes it so much more ****** than it already is.

I doubt that he is... in there, in there ya know? like he might have some subconscious stuff going on but thats that.

Oh but this also does give us a confirmation, In Fia's quest we full on end godwyn, fully, her bringing back the second mark of death and combining them seems to have given godwyn a true death as he was not able to defend Fia when D's brother came knocking and thats cuse he is actually finally truly dead.

It’s to be expected. But even if it’s smaller I’m still looking forward to whatever they produce next.

You know I'm actually very ok with this. Don't get me wrong Elden Ring is probably the best open world game there is as of now but because of that there can be a lot of times where your just zig zagging across the map in order to experience and enjoy all the content or are confused on exactly where to go. In Froms older games there was a set path or paths that you go through and the open world aspect is much smaller which means that you can focus on just progressing through the area without worrying about missing special areas or items. I much enjoy not having to worry about if I have arrived at a late game area too early and have too low a level or arriving at a low level area at too high a level and trivializalling all the content (My experience with shadow of the erdtree). For this reason I still maintain that I enjoyed Dark Souls 3 more than I did Elden Ring. In my opinion a better way forward would be Fromsoft taking the God of War approach were the world is semi open and has a set path or paths which you can choose to go on with optional side areas that you can discover. This would allow fromsoft to more efficiently design bosses tailored to a playors specific level and toolkit(Since they don't have to make their damage ridiculous in order to compensate for the variety of levels a player might encounter them at or the multitude of weapons they may have available to them) as well as release more new worlds in a shorter amount of time (No more waiting 2 years for a dlc instead of a new game). That's my two cents on the matter.

Ok I beat bro after a couple of tries and it seemed like he also wanted to become Elden lord as well so I’m not sure why his calling all the other demigods traitors
Morgott didn't want to be Elden Lord, quite the opposite. As an Omen, he was persecuted by the Golden Order as an abomination and grew up thinking he was one and internalized the abuse, turning super loyal to the Erdtree. The reason he calls the others traitors is because all of them decided to just betray the GO one way or another even though that's not what the Two Fingers had planned (Empyreans Miquella, Malenia and Ranni all abandonned the order to create their own and the others, namely Radahn, Godrick and Rykard weren't supposed to be heirs to the throne yet tried to take over the LB for themselves). During the Shattering, Morgott ruled over Leyndell from the shadows, protecting the Erdtree and preventing anyone from reaching it (it's stated he used his Margit persona to kill any Tarnished who would try to become Lord). Since then, Morgott has been guarding the tree. He's aware the Erdtree refusing anyone is just slowly but surely dooming the LB since if no one becomes Lord then there's no fixing the situation but he's so devoted that he doesn't care. As for himself, again, Morgott has internalized the abuse he went through (Omens from the royal family were thrown in the sewers and forced to live there at least for a while) and believes being an Omen makes him unfit to be a Lord

Last edited:
Ok I think I finished ranni’s questline but like. Everyone from her group is dead. Balidd started tweaking and I think he killed the magican dude and iji was burned alive. The heck’s going on?

Ok I think I finished ranni’s questline but like. Everyone from her group is dead. Balidd started tweaking and I think he killed the magican dude and iji was burned alive. The heck’s going on?
To sum it up;

Ranni is both a Demi-God and an Empyrean. People are chosen as an Empyrean by a Two Fingers and it seemed Ranni had a Two Fingers connected to her specifically. The Demi-Gods are under the control and influence of the Two Fingers and the Greater Will. To separate herself from them, Ranni killed her flesh but put her soul into the blue doll we see in game. But for her plans to come to fruition, Ranni needs us to get her the Fingerslayer Blade, a weapon capable of killing Two Finger's entities. The reason we have to kill Radahn and why Radahn was holding back "fate" is because Radahn was holding back the asteroid that created the hole leading to Nokron, which is where the Fingerslayer Blade is located. The Two Finger's connected to Ranni don't like her plan and send assassins after her and you, and her other followers. The Baleful Shadow was an assassin disguising themselves as Blaidd, Blaidd himself just went crazy because the Two Finger's tried to mind control him (Empyrean's are assigned a "shadow", Blaidd and Maliketh being the only 2 we know) but Blaidd is infinitely loyal to Ranni so he just kinda lost it having his mind torn apart though did manage to kill the Baleful Shadows nearby, and Iji was killed by Baleful Shadows but took them out with him. And Preceptor Seluvis was probably either killed by Baleful Shadows or Ranni herself, either way he deserves it 100%.

So are any of you guys into challenge runs? And if so what are you guys doing.

I'm dipping my toes into it by doing a dlc early run in dark souls 3. I beat freide at level 40 with a plus 4 mace and felt really good about myself until I realized my next boss is the demon prince 😬. Safe to say I'm about to get bodied.
Not exactly challenge but I'm tryin to make a Sauron build, which includes (heavy breathing) armor and spells from the DLC, tons of bosses to get through and above all, an absurd amount of runes because I need like 60 Faith, 50 Vigor, 30-40 Mind, 28 Strength, more than 30 Int and other stats. Again, not really a challenge per se (like can you beat DS3 without using the moving button).

Btw, a very funny challenge I found on ER a while ago is "Can you beat ER as a brainlet mage?", you can find it on YT

Not exactly challenge but I'm tryin to make a Sauron build, which includes (heavy breathing) armor and spells from the DLC, tons of bosses to get through and above all, an absurd amount of runes because I need like 60 Faith, 50 Vigor, 30-40 Mind, 28 Strength, more than 30 Int and other stats. Again, not really a challenge per se (like can you beat DS3 without using the moving button).

Btw, a very funny challenge I found on ER a while ago is "Can you beat ER as a brainlet mage?", you can find it on YT
Well I'd consider gathering those runes as somewhat of a challenge to be honest.
Also I've seen the brainlet mage run but now that you reminded me about that video I'm going to watch it again because it's really good.

Side note. Getting so many titinite chunks in the dlc hurts my soul a little because I still need large titinite. It's like dying of thirst in an ocean lol 😅.

I feel like frenzied flame is the only thing in game I haven't touched. Haven't got a single spell, weapon, or even done it's questiline. Might be because in pvp I see players do some easy to dodge eye beam and I'm just like.. okay?
Frenzied flame stuff ain't too good in pve either due to 99% of the enemies being immune to the frenzy status, but raw damage wise the frenzied burst and unendurable frenzy incantations can get some pretty good numbers and the former has really good range.

Back