• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Changed the default selection of the OK / CANCEL prompt that shows up when using the “Spectral Steed Whistle” while the spectral steed is dead. The default selection position is now OK.

Even though this great, I know my muscle memory is going to mess me up for a while till I get used to it.

AALIYAH_WROTE_JAY_AN_APOLOGY_LETTER%F0%9F%93%83__MARK_WANT_DESIREE_AND_HANNAH!%F0%9F%98%B1_4-32_screenshot_(1).jpg

Ok a single cast did 9,9k+ damage to an erdtree avatar which takes 40% more damage to fire we take that away and its a little under 6K a cast with that less than optimized setup

We can add messmers helm and the fireknight armor and that will give us an 8% buff which can further be amplifed by adding a second fire knight's seal for a total of 23% extra damage which can further be boosted by getting higher faith (tapping out at 333 incant scaling at 80 faith)

so if we apply the the proper build for the messmer stuff the rain of fire can now one cast an erdtree avatar pretty easily (since it will dish out 12265 (and above depending on incant scale) damage to them while the highest erdtree avatar only has 11.5k health) and it can dish out around 8-9k damage to big enemies in the base game and anything from 18k damage to regular big enemies in the game and all the way to 25757 for the scadutree avatar.

huh, its actually good now.

Finally 100% the dlc. After over 3 hours of hugging Radahn's ass I finally came out on top. Here are some commemorative photos.
Initially after beating him. After acquiring drip. Unmasked. And final stat spread.

Overall I really enjoyed the dlc, a 9/10 in my eyes, however I was disappointed in a multitude of ways that I shall list out for anyone who cares to give this a look.

Pro's
  • Most engaging open world I've ever played, base Elden Ring seems boring by comparison. Never a moment where I wasn't exploring or finding something new.
  • Beautiful. Seriously, there were like 50 separate times where I just stopped and stared at the scenery in awe of it's beauty.
  • Great level design (For the most part, few areas felt lackluster)
  • Amazing bosses. Seriously I don't think a single boss in this dlc is below B+ tier.
  • Likable new npc's (My goat Ansbach)
  • Really cool new weapons and spells (For the most part)
  • Amazing Music. This is probably the best Fromsofts music has ever been in terms of sheer quantity of good music per number of bosses. Radahn's second phases theme has finally dethroned Gael as my favorite song in Fromsoft's library which is quite the achievement.

Con's/ Nitpick's
  • Some areas of the map are inexplorable even though the map makes it look like there's an area to explore (The top of the ancient ruins of Rauh comes to mind)
  • Some bosses are so fast that spellcasting is really not an option unless specific spells are used (Rellana, Radahn second phase)
  • The camera in some bosses is atrocious. Divine Dancing beast up close is borderline impossible with his spinny moves. He should have a second lock on point on his ass cause as is normal close range builds have to deal with some down right dastardly camera work. Bayle also has this problem whenever your trying to hit any other part of his body besides his head, he should have a lock on point on his legs like other dragon enemies for people who want to focus on his leg stump as opposed to his head.
  • Bayle is a horrible match for non long range weapons like curved swords and daggers. I was whiffing half my attacks cause his head constantly bobs up and down after his attacks end, eventually I switched to a longer rang curved sword and managed to kick his ass as I could actually hit him.
  • Radahn's second phase for mid level PC's. Every holy attack he did destroyed my framerate during the fight which lead to avoidable deaths. I had to turn my graphics down to low just to be able to fight him properly and I still had stutters here and there. I normally run the game on high setting with few problems besides Bayle's second Phase and Midra's more crazy attacks so to see it chug along so much during Radahn leads me to believe something is unoptimized.
  • I really wanted to fight or at least glimpse an Outer God instead we got basically nothing relating to Elden Ring's most mysterious entities.
  • For the second time in a row we are unable to travel in any form to the giant set piece on the map, the Scadutree. When Elden Ring first came out I went the entire game waiting to get to explore its branches at the top of the world but that never happened. So when the dlc came out I was hopeful that we might finally get to explore the massive and crazy looking tree the covers the realm of shadow, but for the second time it just serves as a set piece that we cant access and don't even get any lore on. Extremely disappointing.
  • My single biggest disappointment was the fact that basically none of the lore in the base game is expanded on in the dlc. Who is the Gloam Eyed Queen? We dont know. What was the Fell God? We don't know. Who was the dragon God that Placidusax worshipped? We don't know. Who are and what are the Alabaster Lords? We don't know. Oh cool, Godwyn's knights as well as Godwyn himself are present in the dlc, surely we'll learn more about them right? Nope. Oh sweet, Godfrey used these talismans, anything new with him? No. Holy crap! The village where Marika grew up! What revelations will we learn about Elden rings most mysterious character? She likes her Grandma... So much missed potential for answering some long held questions or creating new revelations like with the Ringed City dlc. It really is a shame that this is the last installment of this universe that we will see and for it to be left with so many unanswered questions. But alas this paves the road for even better games in the future which I know Fromsoft will deliver on (Pls be BB 2 or Sekiro 2).

Also to commemorate I made some tierlist expressing my opinions on the main bosses. The first one is how much I enjoyed each boss while the second one Is how I rank them in terms of difficulty. Keep in mind I was overleveled for some of these bosses so it might affect my perception of their difficulty (Or enjoyment) for me. It's not meant to demean or diminish anyone who had a hard time with a certain boss as the difficulty of each one can change quite a bit depending on what your build is. Link to Tierlist for anyone who wants to make their own; Obviously there's spoilers.

Enjoyment

Difficulty

Finally 100% the dlc. After over 3 hours of hugging Radahn's ass I finally came out on top. Here are some commemorative photos.
Initially after beating him. After acquiring drip. Unmasked. And final stat spread.

Overall I really enjoyed the dlc, a 9/10 in my eyes, however I was disappointed in a multitude of ways that I shall list out for anyone who cares to give this a look.

Pro's
  • Most engaging open world I've ever played, base Elden Ring seems boring by comparison. Never a moment where I wasn't exploring or finding something new.
  • Beautiful. Seriously, there were like 50 separate times where I just stopped and stared at the scenery in awe of it's beauty.
  • Great level design (For the most part, few areas felt lackluster)
  • Amazing bosses. Seriously I don't think a single boss in this dlc is below B+ tier.
  • Likable new npc's (My goat Ansbach)
  • Really cool new weapons and spells (For the most part)
  • Amazing Music. This is probably the best Fromsofts music has ever been in terms of sheer quantity of good music per number of bosses. Radahn's second phases theme has finally dethroned Gael as my favorite song in Fromsoft's library which is quite the achievement.

Con's/ Nitpick's
  • Some areas of the map are inexplorable even though the map makes it look like there's an area to explore (The top of the ancient ruins of Rauh comes to mind)
  • Some bosses are so fast that spellcasting is really not an option unless specific spells are used (Rellana, Radahn second phase)
  • The camera in some bosses is atrocious. Divine Dancing beast up close is borderline impossible with his spinny moves. He should have a second lock on point on his ass cause as is normal close range builds have to deal with some down right dastardly camera work. Bayle also has this problem whenever your trying to hit any other part of his body besides his head, he should have a lock on point on his legs like other dragon enemies for people who want to focus on his leg stump as opposed to his head.
  • Bayle is a horrible match for non long range weapons like curved swords and daggers. I was whiffing half my attacks cause his head constantly bobs up and down after his attacks end, eventually I switched to a longer rang curved sword and managed to kick his ass as I could actually hit him.
  • Radahn's second phase for mid level PC's. Every holy attack he did destroyed my framerate during the fight which lead to avoidable deaths. I had to turn my graphics down to low just to be able to fight him properly and I still had stutters here and there. I normally run the game on high setting with few problems besides Bayle's second Phase and Midra's more crazy attacks so to see it chug along so much during Radahn leads me to believe something is unoptimized.
  • I really wanted to fight or at least glimpse an Outer God instead we got basically nothing relating to Elden Ring's most mysterious entities.
  • For the second time in a row we are unable to travel in any form to the giant set piece on the map, the Scadutree. When Elden Ring first came out I went the entire game waiting to get to explore its branches at the top of the world but that never happened. So when the dlc came out I was hopeful that we might finally get to explore the massive and crazy looking tree the covers the realm of shadow, but for the second time it just serves as a set piece that we cant access and don't even get any lore on. Extremely disappointing.
  • My single biggest disappointment was the fact that basically none of the lore in the base game is expanded on in the dlc. Who is the Gloam Eyed Queen? We dont know. What was the Fell God? We don't know. Who was the dragon God that Placidusax worshipped? We don't know. Who are and what are the Alabaster Lords? We don't know. Oh cool, Godwyn's knights as well as Godwyn himself are present in the dlc, surely we'll learn more about them right? Nope. Oh sweet, Godfrey used these talismans, anything new with him? No. Holy crap! The village where Marika grew up! What revelations will we learn about Elden rings most mysterious character? She likes her Grandma... So much missed potential for answering some long held questions or creating new revelations like with the Ringed City dlc. It really is a shame that this is the last installment of this universe that we will see and for it to be left with so many unanswered questions. But alas this paves the road for even better games in the future which I know Fromsoft will deliver on (Pls be BB 2 or Sekiro 2).
About Marika, we do learn a lot more than "she likes her grandma" though. Aside from that and a few details (Leyndell, Royal Capital and the Haligtree are still the most beautiful locations in the game for me), I agree.

Personally, I wish we would have had Marika as a boss fight. Yeah, it wouldn't make a lot of sense considering the ending but...well, time travel guys.

About Marika, we do learn a lot more than "she likes her grandma" though. Aside from that and a few details (Leyndell, Royal Capital and the Haligtree are still the most beautiful locations in the game for me), I agree.

Personally, I wish we would have had Marika as a boss fight. Yeah, it wouldn't make a lot of sense considering the ending but...well, time travel guys.
consider this:
2024-07-31_035134.png

I mean you can either walk by the ones that actually have the range to reach you or dodge inwards for a punish
I'm aware, I beat him blades only. The distance you need to be at for most spells to be usable in boss fights is within range of his lights, once you try to get to a spot in order to cast spells he has like 5 moves that he can do faster than your spellcasting to knock you out of your animation and then close the distance. The only reliable chance you get is when he does his AOE nuke, his gravity missile, or just walks slowly towards you because the AI goes passive sometimes due to lack of input reads.

Back