• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

The fact that they specifically mention being made of stardust and stars seem to hint more towards a supernova than the literal big bang in my opinion. Since the implication is that the stuff their born of, Stardust, came from a great rupture across the sky. Stardust comes from stars so it wouldn't make sense for the big bang to be what their referring to in this context.
Supernova is something I did suspect when I saw that specific quote, but it could also been some other cosmic phenomena (Not of the Big Bang, but other ones)

Still Supernova is one such implication for this event

Last edited:
I would say supernova is the most likely implication out of all of them. Even if I heavily disagree with the star feats in Elden Ring this statement to me means that Greater Will is bare minimum High 4-C. On that note has anyone ever calculated Ranni creating the Dark Moon in the sky? Cause that to me seems like a 100% sure way to get the cast to moon level or at least higher than what they currently are.

I would say supernova is the most likely implication out of all of them. Even if I heavily disagree with the star feats in Elden Ring this statement to me means that Greater Will is bare minimum High 4-C. On that note has anyone ever calculated Ranni creating the Dark Moon in the sky? Cause that to me seems like a 100% sure way to get the cast to moon level or at least higher than what they currently are.
The one from the Rennala boss fight? I'm pretty sure it was agreed that one was just an illusion and not an actual realm.

Guess I'll throw my hat into the ring for this one.

I think the great rupture is the Big Bang, because of Metyr, Daughter of the Greater Will summons a microcosm. microcosm literally meaning miniature universe.
why would the daughter of the greater will have connections to an image of the microcosm/universe if her father, the greater will, didn't have some connection to it?

and of course, another creation of the greater will plays heavily into the fundamental rules of the universe. the elden ring/elden beast, these things have the power to change the very concepts of the world, such as removing death from it. to me, it makes sense that the creator of the universe as a whole would be able to create an object/beast that can change its concepts.

I should also mention despite the universe being connected to/called a microcosm I don't think it's a bubble system or anything like that. probably something more akin to our universe in size. I believe this because of the extremely stary sky viewed in Liurnia that looks very similar to our Milky Way, the stars of ruin mentioning the death of a great star cluster, the various items that make small nebula and have exploding stars in them, implying a similar process to creating stars in our own world, and the galaxy structure seen in Rannis dark moon in her ending.

now this is purely speculation, but, I think the reason it's called a microcosm is because that's how it is from the perspective of the greater will. When we fight the Elden beast we see tons of erd trees There is nothing really saying what these truly represent but if I had to guess they're representative of other universes that the greater will has created and or has infulence over. And the erd tree is connected to the greater will and the two fingers. As the new crimson seed talisman shows two fingers wrapped around a golden seed. Implying that the golden seed of the erd tree was given by the two fingers. That's why the universe is a microcosm in the greater wills pov. it's so powerful that it has already created several other universes, so to something of that power and divinity one would be just a microcosm.

anyways thats why I think. curious to hear your guys interpertations.

microcosm
Doesn’t strictly have to mean miniature universe, ya.

Hell, even the word itself has multiple meanings as shown in a dictionary as microcosm in general can mean a small world or some other things.

Even in Japanese, it has multiple meanings/interpretation so it ain’t exclusive to being a universe. Just ranging from planet to galaxies alone will done the trick

The one from the Rennala boss fight? I'm pretty sure it was agreed that one was just an illusion and not an actual realm.
I'm pretty sure it's stated somewhere that a primeval sorcerer created the dark moon or something along the lines of that. I don't remember off the top of my head and don't really care to go looking for it at the moment.

Doesn’t strictly have to mean miniature universe, ya.

Hell, even the word itself has multiple meanings as shown in a dictionary as microcosm in general can mean a small world or some other things.

Even in Japanese, it has multiple meanings/interpretation so it ain’t exclusive to being a universe. Just ranging from planet to galaxies alone will done the trick
ay that is true, I do still think however because of all the other space imagery and such it's far beyond a solar system or super nova bare minimum. couple galaxies I could settle with(not really, my agenda must go on/s)

Back