• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

On a lighter note, I like some of the normal generic enemies in this game. There's some really cool concepts around some of them. I like the concept for the Stormhawks even though I find them annoying and I also really like how they changed the way the Skeletons' Resurrection works. Instead of killing them twice, you now have to finish them off while they're reforming otherwise they'll just resurrect Infinitely.

I can already name several ordinary enemies that deserve Profiles like the Banished Knights, the Runebears, the Trolls, the Godrick Knights, Etc. My real question is what to do about the Mausoleums? Do we make Profiles for those too? They're weird because they can harm you but you don't really damage them but you can force them into submission by breaking the glowing chunks off their legs.

Oh my God, the Grafted Scions are so ******* annoying. At least we know what that scales to considering one outright stomps you at the beginning of the game unless you're just that good and manage to beat it.

Oh my God, the Grafted Scions are so ******* annoying. At least we know what that scales to considering one outright stomps you at the beginning of the game unless you're just that good and manage to beat it.
Big skill feat tho since it's actually possible to do so

Oh yeah, those are annoying and fast. Got decimated at the very beginning, though most because there wasn't any flasks.

I just noticed that there's a Stormhawk that's hiding behind a bunch of Explosive Barrels that also throws another Barrel into them at Point Blank Range and doesn't die from the ensuing explosion. Whether that's the Game Mechanics giving it brief invulnerability or not, I'll leave up to you.

Off topic but did you guys see the dude whose going through the game with a damn Ring Fit as his entire control scheme if not here y'all go

I just noticed that there's a Stormhawk that's hiding behind a bunch of Explosive Barrels that also throws another Barrel into them at Point Blank Range and doesn't die from the ensuing explosion. Whether that's the Game Mechanics giving it brief invulnerability or not, I'll leave up to you.
Well the other stormhawks get merked easily, so I'm pretty sure its I-frames.

I can already name several ordinary enemies that deserve Profiles like the Banished Knights, the Runebears, the Trolls, the Godrick Knights, Etc. My real question is what to do about the Mausoleums? Do we make Profiles for those too? They're weird because they can harm you but you don't really damage them but you can force them into submission by breaking the glowing chunks off their legs.
What about tree sentinels. Them MFs are crazy. They instantly fold you at the beginning of when you go up lmao

What about tree sentinels. Them MFs are crazy. They instantly fold you at the beginning of when you go up lmao
Yeah we discussed them a bit earlier too They can split and splinter multiple trees at once just my moving into them and they can knock up some chunks from the ground with it's strikes to the ground

Yeah we discussed them a bit earlier too They can split and splinter multiple trees at once just my moving into them and they can knock up some chunks from the ground with it's strikes to the ground
That's probably 9-A to 8-C ish I suppose. So early Tarnished is probably around that level

Btw, how would we treat Malenia's rot?

To me it looks like a combo of corruption and death hax. As it made Radhan into a mindless beast that eats other people. Which is neat I suppose. I dunno how the Tarnished scales to that.

Malenia should probably scale to the higher end bosses as her base state was able to stalemate Raddahn and she humiliated guys like Godrick

Also it's weird to me that despite being such a supposedly important lore character and being the face of the game. Malenia is only an optional boss battle? Like you'd honestly expect her to have a lot more story presence due to how heavily promoted she is. I think that's one of my gripes with the story and I don't like it when games do that. It's just really odd.

• Breaks off limb of opponent
• uses it as a weapon

Would be nice to see that in matches
Literally tears the head from a Dragon's Corpse and brings it back to life to use as an arm. That Dragon Head becomes a weapon you can get from his Boss Soul btw. I guess you could say that The Tarnished gets Limited Life Manipulation with that since it's description literally says you're bringing it back to life to use it's Unique Skill.

And that's what the literal weakest of the Golden Lineage is capable of, I can't imagine what everyone else can do.

I mean, wouldn't it be an outlier regardless? Idk how we scale soulsborne shit on the wiki, but elden ring is 90% tier 9/8, wouldn't a 4A feat be a huge outlier? Or at best, just creation based?

Back