• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I beat black blade kindred in the most galaxy brain way possible.

I stabbed him from the back. Ran away until he stopped chasing me. Came back. Back stabbed him again. And repeat.

Peak tactics.

Hax-wise, yeah. AP wise... don't know. Dark Souls god tiers with their Tier 4s seemingly outdo even the highest interpretation I see as a possibly rn (Tier 4 scaling to "commanded the stars" and the vague ass insinuations thereof). So like Gael, Soul of Cinder, Ashen One, etc would be greater than Elden Beast and Tarnished.

I also don't know whether the regen or whatever mechanic of the Tarnished is going to match up to the Ashen One.

I don't know what happened in my fight with the Elden Beast, but it just sorta froze up and didn't move. So that allowed me to bring it down to the last sliver if health. I'm not complaining at all, it's entrance was majestic with it spewing out all that stuff, before the environment changed to the best Souls arena in the series. It was so beautiful.

Also Radagon/Elden Beast have the best boss theme in the whole series don't @ me

Favorite themes in the game for me:

• Main Theme (Epic af)
  • Leyndell, Royal Capital (I'll always remember the moment where I got teleported on the divine bridge with that music in the background and the Edtree next to me, it's one of the most memorable gaming moments for me)
  • Radagon/Elden Beast
  • Radahn's theme
  • Rykard's theme

Favorite themes in the game for me:

• Main Theme (Epic af)
  • Leyndell, Royal Capital (I'll always remember the moment where I got teleported on the divine bridge with that music in the background and the Edtree next to me, it's one of the most memorable gaming moments for me)
  • Radagon/Elden Beast
  • Radahn's theme
  • Rykard's theme
What about Mohg's theme, or the Godskin Apostle/Noble theme?

Aren't Dark Souls Tier 4 baseline?
The lower tier Tier 4 guys are, yeah. Other people upscale tremendously. Like Gael, SoC, and Ashen One.

Also as of Vaati's video it looks like Tarnished has zero res or regen ability in of themselves, rip.

The lower tier Tier 4 guys are, yeah. Other people upscale tremendously. Like Gael, SoC, and Ashen One.

Also as of Vaati's video it looks like Tarnished has zero res or regen ability in of themselves, rip.
Where does High 4-C come from btw? My Neanderthal brain can't seem to find the reasoning for it

That's the only calc we have. And I don't think it scales to a lot of other low tier enemies
Well yeah. But it should scale to a good amount of mid-tier bosses, aye? Ought to nail down precisely who.

Where does High 4-C come from btw? My Neanderthal brain can't seem to find the reasoning for it
Upscaling, as mentioned. I'll be honest, I don't totally agree with High 4-C, but TL;DR Gwyn was 4-C and the AP kept multiplying down multitudes of iterations, High 4-C is kinda just where people put a pin in that. Little silly, but it isn't outright wrong, I s'pose. By Gael's point in time I'd be shocked if it weren't that high- it's just we're arbitrarily choosing a point. Which is bad.

Has anyone called dibs on making Godfrey's profile?
Was contemplating it but didn't call so you can.
I have most of his shit gathered already, as for Mal, I finally managed to get footage of phase 2 along with all the other shit from the Milicent quest. As it stands actually quite close, I just need to convert the Mal and a bit of Elden Beast footage and they're good to go bar the whole issue of we have **** all for calcs but been gathering stuff for that too.
Bar some scans but that's a lot less of a pain in the ass, that's a matter of just taking a screen shot and saving it and then tossing it in imgur.

In other news I figured this out while I was gathering footage of the Mili quest.

I'm pretty sure the Dark Souls "Sun" isn't a star either. Like, it's a supernatural myth thing not meant to be taken literally.
There are artillery spheres in Seath's Archives and I'm fairly sure they're present in Lothric's Royal Archives as well, which are a pretty direct implication that Dark Souls has an actual solar system

The entire night sky being extinguished in the Untended Graves and The First Flame's fading causing branched timelines is more solid evidence tho and Dark Souls should definitely be higher, unfortunately they still slow af

I'm pretty sure the Dark Souls "Sun" isn't a star either. Like, it's a supernatural myth thing not meant to be taken literally.
I could honestly get on board with this, but you'd need evidence. In Elden Ring we have quite a bit of said evidence. Less so in Dark Souls, if memory serves

Back