• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Defeated Astel after like 20 minutes of trying, thank you Rock Sling and Mimic Tear

Btw, that boss is horrifying, it really feels like something not even inspired by Lovecraft but wich straight-up came out of a Lovecraft book
Yeah, I feel like Astel is the boss that really made me go: "Ey yo what the ****"

Also I finally beat Mohg, he was annoying as hell, but not as annoying as draconic tree sentinel

Real, yeah, but Armor's point is moreso about their actual size. It's not quite the same point as is being made for Dark Souls but the two are similar, so I drew a comparison to show how much evidence one would need to prove something along these lines.
Wait isn’t the one that falls after Radahn’s death just a meteor?
Also anyone else think Godfrey’s magma feats are worth looking into

Yeah, I feel like Astel is the boss that really made me go: "Ey yo what the ****"

Also I finally beat Mohg, he was annoying as hell, but not as annoying as draconic tree sentinel
Might be changing my mind about Rykard but no way I'm going anywhere near Mogh or Malenia lol

Just rewatched the final battle of the game on YT. I've noticed something interesting with Marika. Judging by her state and the whole situation about the boss fight, it's heavily implied that the Elden Beast is the one who stepped in to "discipline" her this way - one of his attacks even has him hanging the player on a part of the Ring and impaling them with spears of light, in a near-identical fashion to the way Marika is seen.

Don't think we can use it for a tier, outside of confirming the Elden Beast > Marika/Radagon but it's a nice detail

Just rewatched the final battle of the game on YT. I've noticed something interesting with Marika. Judging by her state and the whole situation about the boss fight, it's heavily implied that the Elden Beast is the one who stepped in to "discipline" her this way - one of his attacks even has him hanging the player on a part of the Ring and impaling them with spears of light, in a near-identical fashion to the way Marika is seen.

Don't think we can use it for a tier, outside of confirming the Elden Beast > Marika/Radagon but it's a nice detail
Damn, it straight up crucified her ass.

Wait isn’t the one that falls after Radahn’s death just a meteor?
Also anyone else think Godfrey’s magma feats are worth looking into
I've been thinking about the magma feats quite a lot. I dunno if Godfrey's is noteworthy, compared to the other feats he might scale to, but the Magma Wyrms are extremely interesting to me.

Just curious, why wouldn't Elden Beast getting sick and puking out all that stuff not be able to be used?

Used for what, a tier?

They clearly aren't stars, given we can see how large they are, so I dunno what tier people would ascribe to it.

Used for what, a tier?

They clearly aren't stars, given we can see how large they are, so I dunno what tier people would ascribe to it.
I mean, like, when it spewed all of that stuff out in its intro cutscene, and then the stage turned into the most beautiful boss stage in the series. Just wondering what all that was about, besides spectacle.

Some discussion on that a bit back, then. What it actually spits certainly isn't stars, as it uses the same stuff as an attack- the "stars" presented therein are significantly smaller than the player. People have argued that lights in the background should count as stars, too- personally, this seems a very weak argument, but it is what it is. All of this may be for naught depending on 1. Japanese text 2. Armor's argument that stars in this world are really just very tiny.

I mean if the stars were small how would they be able to be seen from space without being stupidly bright
If the stars were large how come Radahn's crater is like 100 meters across, and a star landed in a city, and etc etc etc.

Tbf, these weren't real stars but monsters so it's not the same thing
Which ones? Radahn's are just called Stars, but I agree it seems plausible that it was referring to the Fallingstar creatures. Elden Beast stuff... meh. Torn. Definitely possible, ig, but it differentiates between the star carrying the beast and the beast itself in this scenario.

I think people are generally way too excited to denote something as Tier 4 for the mention of a word or a small light in the sky.

Which ones? Radahn's are just called Stars, but I agree it seems plausible that it was referring to the Fallingstar creatures. Elden Beast stuff... meh. Torn. Definitely possible, ig, but it differentiates between the star carrying the beast and the beast itself in this scenario.

I think people are generally way too excited to denote something as Tier 4 for the mention of a word or a small light in the sky.
Oh don't worry, I agree with you on that one

As for the Elden Beast...I don't know what to think about it

Can we all agree that while the Elden Beast is majestic, it's a pain in the ass to run after it?

Man I'm glad the beast bugged out in my run so that it froze in place for most of the fight

It's not majestic at all but yeah it's pain in the ass to run after it. Sincerely it's the worst boss in the series and a letdown be it design-wise or combat-wise from my perspective - Radagon part started so well - design, combat it was superb but then when it shifted to Elden Beast it fell apart.

It's not majestic at all but yeah it's pain in the ass to run after it. Sincerely it's the worst boss in the series and a letdown be it design-wise or combat-wise from my perspective - Radagon part started so well - design, combat it was superb but then when it shifted to Elden Beast it fell apart.
Let's just agree to disagree

Sincerely it's the worst boss in the series
lies-youreallythinksomeonewouldodthat.gif

might be the worst final boss. I've heard only terrible things about Nashandra though.

**** the Royal Rat, we live in a world where the Bed of Chaos exists.
Thing is, at least you can quit out after destroying either side to start from the beginning with your progress already saved. You don't get the luxury for that with the Royal Rat. I mean, it's not even a rat, it's a damn dog.

might be the worst final boss. I've heard only terrible things about Nashandra though.
Actually Nashandra wasn't that bad. If you got the crowns that is to mitigate the curse effects. I'd honestly rank EB middle of the pack.

In terms of gameplay
Nashandra<Aldia<SoC<EB<Gwyn<The Isshin's

Story
Nashandra<EB<SoC<The Isshin's<Gwyn<Aldia

Can we all agree that while the Elden Beast is majestic, it's a pain in the ass to run after it?

Man I'm glad the beast bugged out in my run so that it froze in place for most of the fight
Haven't reached it yet but it seems an absolute nightmare to fight even as a mage and yes, between the music, the design and the environment it's amazingly majestic

Actually Nashandra wasn't that bad. If you got the crowns that is to mitigate the curse effects. I'd honestly rank EB middle of the pack.

In terms of gameplay
Nashandra<Aldia<SoC<EB<Gwyn<The Isshin's

Story
Nashandra<EB<SoC<The Isshin's<Gwyn<Aldia
Tbf the whole point of the Elden Beast is to appear out of nowhere with barely anything told about it through items, even more than other particulary mysterious enemies and characters in the game, and without getting spoiled the first time, it works. Like, when I watched a video of the final fight for the first time, I was like "Yo why the **** is there a living draconic galaxy using a frickin god as a sword?!"

Maybe the Numens? I mean, Marika was originally one of them

We could also have more intels about the Black Knife Assassins or learn more about the Giants before they got wiped out

Made a list of abilities for a Ranni profile

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Inorganic Physiology (Type 1, has transfered her soul into a doll), Immortality (Type 1 and 6, can transfer her soul into a doll body), Magic (Advanced), Ice Manipulation (Has an affinity for the cold as shown by her weapons and spells), Telekinesis, Energy Manipulation and Projection (Able to project glinstone energy like her illusion of Rennala), Forcefield Creation (Shown to have a barrier around her if attacked after being given the Dark Moon Ring by the Tarnshied), Illusion Creation (Created an illusion of her mother Rennala at her prime who could fight the Tarnished), Crystal Manipulation (Her illusion of Rennala could project glinstone shards, Ranni should be able to do the same), Creation (Her Dark Moon spell can create a moon she can use as a projectile), Curse Manipulation and Death Manipulation (Can instantly kill the Tarnished with a curse without even moving), Summoning (Her illusion of her mother can summon Spirits Ashes in battle, Ranni should be able to do it to), Levitation (Her illusion of Rennala could evitate, Ranni should be able to do the same), Teleportation, likely others

Last edited:
Back