• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

received_378029030601506.webp

I just had an interesting idea. What's the biggest attack you can parry and does parrying count as a Lifting Strength Feat? I feel like you could get a lot of Calcs out of this for not only Elden Ring, but Dark Souls as well.

I just had an interesting idea. What's the biggest attack you can parry and does parrying count as a Lifting Strength Feat? I feel like you could get a lot of Calcs out of this for not only Elden Ring, but Dark Souls as well.
Already looking into that, and the answer is idk maybe, depends what you're deflecting,

Looking up the model for Astel, the balls all over its body appear to be transparent "balls of space" filled with stars. Visually, most of the balls appear as pockets of space filled with stars with some looking like a yellow/orange sun but Bastard's star description calls the balls themselves "star debris" so they might just look like pockets of spaces but are actually intended to be just stars. Unless star debris is a mistranslation or something.

We use this for Sekiro LS already. Parrying does indeed count.

oh, I've just read the last few messages

how dreadful

Can you parry Radahn? Could maybe be interesting scaling from him being able to casually hold up meteors. It's done via gravity magic so maybe if you can Parry those specific gravity magic attacks he has. But eh idk.

And tbh if you can parry Elden Beast at all that should naturally make The Tarnished scale above the feat since EB is the god tier right now. Can you parry those giant metal ball things too? Super weird enemies but that's probably a good one to start with, with the next one being the Fire Giant's big shield thing or whatever that is. If we can't parry those that'd be unfortunate

For early game I'm not sure what we could use.

Can you parry Radahn? Could maybe be interesting scaling from him being able to casually hold up meteors. It's done via gravity magic so maybe if you can Parry those specific gravity magic attacks he has. But eh idk.

And tbh if you can parry Elden Beast at all that should naturally make The Tarnished scale above the feat since EB is the god tier right now. Can you parry those giant metal ball things too? Super weird enemies but that's probably a good one to start with, with the next one being the Fire Giant's big shield thing or whatever that is. If we can't parry those that'd be unfortunate

For early game I'm not sure what we could use.
Greater Will and friends would actually be the "god tier". EB is just the highest thing we can go toe to toe with. I really don't think you can parry Fire Giant, I'd like to see the other two, though.

Early game... nothing as impressive as the shit you mention, but there's somethin', certainly.

Huh.

Either way. Once we've discussed which feats are most notable, I am more than happy to calc them, or to eval them once they've been calc'd, if someone is interested in speeding the process up.

Usually parries are done kinda like strikes, and so are most attacks, so idk if it counts

First time I'm commenting on one of these "scaling" discussions and wtf am I reading? People want to tell me Radahn is an solar system destroying being? Because a description that refers to an comet as star? Look up the falling star beasts, these are the beasts that come out of falling stars. Those are the stars radahn is holding back. No, stars aren't our stars, they are small comet sized things. Nothing in lore can blow up a mountain. Nothing. The whole discussion here is "he can blow up an solar system and is "4-a" while in reality is is getting poked to death with an sword while he holds back a few comets, one of which creates an rather small impact. Is anyone here really thinking radahn can control ******* stars???? Why didn't he just destroy Malenia? An insane person would say because she's also an solar system destroying being. An sane man will say radahn can't do this shit, that's why he didn't.

Sorry but I just looked once into an discussion and I see willful misinterpretation so people can say "x can blow up universes heheheh". Same shit happened with wolf from Sekiro, he can't even cut through normal European platearmor and he canonicaly never gets physically stronger. Only more health. In the entire setting er never see any kind of crazy destruction, there are no feats and clearly radahn can't control literal stars. Radahn is at most something like 7-c because thats the destruction caused by the falling star that came down the sky after he died. In the battle himself he's like 8-b

First time I'm commenting on one of these "scaling" discussions and wtf am I reading? People want to tell me Radahn is an solar system destroying being? Because a description that refers to an comet as star? Look up the falling star beasts, these are the beasts that come out of falling stars. Those are the stars radahn is holding back. No, stars aren't our stars, they are small comet sized things. Nothing in lore can blow up a mountain. Nothing. The whole discussion here is "he can blow up an solar system and is "4-a" while in reality is is getting poked to death with an sword while he holds back a few comets, one of which creates an rather small impact. Is anyone here really thinking radahn can control ******* stars???? Why didn't he just destroy Malenia? An insane person would say because she's also an solar system destroying being. An sane man will say radahn can't do this shit, that's why he didn't.

Sorry but I just looked once into an discussion and I see willful misinterpretation so people can say "x can blow up universes heheheh". Same shit happened with wolf from Sekiro, he can't even cut through normal European platearmor and he canonicaly never gets physically stronger. Only more health. In the entire setting er never see any kind of crazy destruction, there are no feats and clearly radahn can't control literal stars. Radahn is at most something like 7-c because thats the destruction caused by the falling star that came down the sky after he died. In the battle himself he's like 8-b
If you looked up through the thread, then you would know that this issue has been relatively solved in both this thread and the profile discussion thread. Multiple pieces of evidence points to both shooting stars as well as real stars. And this isn't about "who can blow up more", the feat comes directly from Radahn holding up the stars and constellations with his gravity magic, which may or may not be 4-A in total. And even then, someone already did a calculation for a single meteor, before multiplying it a lot due to the amount that was falling from the sky, and got somewhere around high tier 7 to low tier 6.

And saying Wolf never gets stronger throughout his journey is false, as with each boss he slays, the more attack power he gains from their memories. So yes, Wolf does get stronger along the main game.

Doing some renders today along with converting more of the footage I got.
Multitasking tho because work and new JoJo one shots came out so today will be a tad slow for progress (tomorrow less so). But I'll probably get 2-3 bosses worth of footage converted, thinking Radahn at least and two others. I've done 4 so far.

If you looked up through the thread, then you would know that this issue has been relatively solved in both this thread and the profile discussion thread. Multiple pieces of evidence points to both shooting stars as well as real stars. And this isn't about "who can blow up more", the feat comes directly from Radahn holding up the stars and constellations with his gravity magic, which may or may not be 4-A in total. And even then, someone already did a calculation for a single meteor, before multiplying it a lot due to the amount that was falling from the sky, and got somewhere around high tier 7 to low tier 6.

And saying Wolf never gets stronger throughout his journey is false, as with each boss he slays, the more attack power he gains from their memories. So yes, Wolf does get stronger along the main game.
Lmao
"Imbue the Naturalborn's stars with magic to perform a sweeping strike."
"This attack leaves a dark cloud of stars in its wake that lingers briefly before exploding."
Yeah, stars are also glitter. Astel is an star. Radahn gets killed by an dude that has a maximum speed of 25kmh running speed. Radahn is at most 200khm fast as seen from crashing down from the sky. He has an 40 kmh speed on horse. An normal human can perceive his attack speed. These are facts. Anything else is wanking. I've posted proof that stars can be under 1 meter in diameter SOURCE: ASTELS ITEMS and the effects of the items that are described as stars. can you give me a source that describes how big "real stars" (whatever that is in the elden ring universe) are?

Back