• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Sellen has some interesting dialogues:

"Our powers draw upon the powers embedded in glintstone, but what is the nature of such power? Glintstone is the amber of the cosmos, golden amber contains the remnants of ancient life and houses its vitality, while Glintstone contains residual life. And thus, the vitality of the stars. It should not be forgotten that glintstone sorcery is the study of the stars and the life therin."

"Well, well... Seluvis is not a name I ever wanted to hear again... But, fine. If it will help you, my apprentice, I offer my knowledge. The stars alter the fate of the Carian royal family. And the fate of your mistress, Ranni. But long ago, General Radahn challenged the swirling constellations, and in a crushing victory, arrested their cycles. Now, he is the force that repulses the stars. If General Radahn were to die, the stars would resume their movement. And so, too, would Ranni's destiny."

Bruh, it's entirely possible considering apparently the game suffers from this, at least for best waifu in the game Ranni

Ignoring the fact we haven't even got to the point of actually settling on tiers and feats and everything is just talk at the moment.
If there is a debate on whether Radahn is holding back stars or meteorites, would it possibly be best to find someone who can translate the original Japanese dialogue? I hear the story (specifically Ranni's sidequest) has some differences from the English version, and there may be some more clear cut information to help figure out what these 'stars' actually are.
Yeah me, I'm going through a Japanese text dump soon, busy finishing clips and the renders tho first given that's kinda like, the bare minimum we need first (kinda can't
That would ******* suck.
Solid 50/50 chance tbh, but it might also be good, Japan has specific words and terms for falling stars, comets, celestial stars, etc and all that, if there is a difference between various "stars", it'd likely denote that, anyway I'm converting Rykard stuff atm, and I went and gathered Maliketh l o r e and scans (converted like 95% of the gifs for him a day or two ago) for just his shit like defeating the Godskins, the Gloam Eyed Queen, him being able to seal shit, death manip, rune of death stuff, etc. Probably gonna gonna convert Mohg next.

Last edited:
Ignoring the fact we haven't even got to the point of actually settling on tiers and feats and everything is just talk at the moment.

Yeah me, I'm going through a Japanese text dump soon, busy finishing clips and the renders tho first given that's kinda like, the bare minimum we need first (kinda can't

Solid 50/50 chance tbh, but it might also be good, Japan has specific words and terms for falling stars, comets, celestial stars, etc and all that, if there is a difference between various "stars", it'd likely denote that, anyway I'm converting Rykard stuff atm, and I went and gathered Maliketh l o r e and scans for just his shit like defeating the Godskins, the Gloam Eyed Queen, him being able to seal shit, death manip, rune of death stuff, etc. Probably gonna gonna convert Mohg next.
Rykard's the dude with the cover armor right? Surprised he got the Artorias / Forlorn / SoC treatment.

Big snek blasphemous reference clusterfuck.

I probably would've gotten further if I had more free time oof.

Spent way too much farming runes and murdering the same tiny dudes and leveling up.

Defeated Rennala (thank you Rock Sling) and met our lady Ranni to start her quest. Oh, and I met Seluvis. And he gave me his potion to give to Nephili. Yeah, sure.

Defeated Rennala (thank you Rock Sling) and met our lady Ranni to start her quest. Oh, and I met Seluvis. And he gave me his potion to give to Nephili. Yeah, sure.
He's implied to be an actual sexual predator, so yeah don't do anything he says. In fact I'm pretty sure you can kill him consequence-free between killing Radahn and getting the Fingerslayer Blade, so do that

Well, you've been already spoiled, so imma spoil you more. Don't read if u don't wanna.

Iirc, you can give the potion to the all knowing dude at the roundtable hold if I'm not wrong, and he'll pay Seluvis a special visit.

Seluvis is just a sexual predator anyways, and can go **** himself.

idk why he's even there, Ranni hates him, Blaidd hates him, Gideon hates him and he doesn't even ******* know him. Sellen hates him, hell he isn't even smart like yeah try poisoning the god who could literally kill you with a thought.
After you get to Nokron and Sellen, I'd just smite his ass, he doesn't even give anything decent.

He's implied to be an actual sexual predator, so yeah don't do anything he says. In fact I'm pretty sure you can kill him consequence-free between killing Radahn and getting the Fingerslayer Blade, so do that
Yeah, I already know, the guy has an entire room of people literally turned into puppets, gonna find a way to **** him up

idk why he's even there, Ranni hates him, Blaidd hates him, Gideon hates him and he doesn't even ******* know him. Sellen hates him, hell he isn't even smart like yeah try poisoning the god who could literally kill you with a thought.
After you get to Nokron and Sellen, I'd just smite his ass, he doesn't even give anything decent.
The only decent thing he gives is that SPOILER apparently you can give his potion to the Dung Eater at some point, wich is really satisfying

Unfortunately...

Since I decided to follow Ranni's quest, am gonna find Nephili then I'll talk to Gideon about the potion so he can pay his little "visit" (just hope I'll still have the potion for the Dung Eater later)

Gideon hates him cuz he does know him, check the item description of one of the puppets you get from Seluvis

Ranni just manipulates him like she does with everyone (including us) so she doesn't care about what he does or how despicable he is as long as he doesn't do anything against her, same for Sellen. Gideon is busy with his own stuff and has his own plots going on so unless we talk to him about that, he won't care even if he knows the guy. And Blaidd is loyal to Ranni so he's willing to endure the doll-fetish predator at least for a time

Gideon hates him cuz he does know him, check the item description of one of the puppets you get from Seluvis
I can't bro, he's dead. Patches drained the pity well, I ain't dealing with Patches in a wizard hat too.

Which would be why he's dead and Patches isn't.

Back