• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Mimic, because its fun to fight alongside yourself. Also Jellyfish, because the poison he inflicted Godrick with killed him right after I died and I got the win.

Two Pages apparently.
196998df37253d2a1147c508732d3a4578fd989b.gifv

But isnt the point here to have a civilized convo instead of trying to shoot things down immediately? I mean the game isn't even 2 months old and there's barely any lore videos.
I certainly haven't gotten the impression of that, no. Whenever I leave the thread for a few hours, immediately people are being told that "oh yeah bro tier 4 solid as ****". It's the same way it's always been for Souls games. I apologize if I come off as agitated or aggressive- I quite frankly am both. Love these games, don't want to see 'em ruined on the wiki.

I certainly haven't gotten the impression of that, no. Whenever I leave the thread for a few hours, immediately people are being told that "oh yeah bro tier 4 solid as ****". It's the same way it's always been for Souls games. I apologize if I come off as agitated or aggressive- I quite frankly am both. Love these games, don't want to see 'em ruined on the wiki.
Even if people go "yeah dude tier 4" it means **** all for the time being, we're obviously gonna need an actual dedicated discussion for it and for the lore to be sorted out. You don't need to get that hung up on it right now as nothing is accepted yet.

Though even if tier 4 does end up being legit, not saying it will, but if it does, you do got to realize it's FromSoft, the games are going to be subject to interpretation, saying something like "they'll be ruined" if majority takes a different stance on it shouldn't be something to get mad over given we're talking about a game where everything is vague as **** intentionally and entire teams exist dedicated to figuring out the most basic of lore like what the Tarnished had yesterday for breakfast or where Ranni does her taxes.

Even if people go "yeah dude tier 4" it means **** all for the time being, we're obviously gonna need an actual dedicated discussion for it and for the lore to be sorted out. You don't need to get that hung up on it right now as nothing is accepted yet.

Though even if tier 4 does end up being legit, not saying it will, but if it does, you do got to realize it's FromSoft, the games are going to be subject to interpretation, saying something like "they'll be ruined" if majority takes a different stance on it shouldn't be something to get mad over given we're talking about a game where everything is vague as **** intentionally and entire teams exist dedicated to figuring out the most basic of lore like what the Tarnished had yesterday for breakfast or where Ranni does her taxes.
Plot twist, Ranni doesn't

"Of the last queen of Caria, Rennala of the Full Moon. And the majesty of the night she conjured."
Even if we are going to assume it's all an illusion (it isn't, and I already discussed that), that night was created by Rennala herself, stated by Ranni.
This isn't really proof of what you're claiming. "Creating a night" means literally nothing. It is not equatable to "creating dozens of solar systems for no reason". And, again, I must say I can't take you seriously in this context anymore.

Of course he is holding meteorites. But he is also holding the real stars. Like, a lot of statements reaffirms this, and just holding one doesn't mean isn't holding the other. I pointed out before how in the cinematic we can see the real stars beginning to shine again, so what is the problem here?
I've seen no concrete proof to suggest this outside of the usage of the word "star" and "constellation", which both have their own problems (stars, in-game, are regularly shown to be equatable with "shooting stars", e.g., meteors. Furthermore, the game doesn't state the two are different at any point barring one spell from the Eternal Cities. Suddenly claiming "oh no he held up both" doesn't work- he was stated to hold up stars, and we see the damage caused by one of these so-called "stars". As for the constellation thing, battling the constellations seems to me, and others, to be a reference to the Fallingstar Beasts, monsters with some ties to Radahn- notably Astel being the final big bad of the underground areas he unlocks, and the creatures themselves using the same gravity magic as Radahn).

You guys keep referring to random cinematics with literally no proof and expecting me to take it as absolute fact, I don't know what to tell you other than find actual evidence.

Ehm, how?
Our KE standards require an impact based on KE to somewhat match the KE of the feat itself. As people are intent to constantly groan about how Radahn is totes for suresies 4-A because the game mentioned stars, I am intent to point out that the impact site for one of these stars is only Tier 7 in scope of damage, thus invalidated in a whole new way. This isn't the only invalidation, of course, I can point at the lore all day and night if need be until it gets through to you, but this is a technical invalidation for the site itself.

But why? The statements are pretty clear (and it's actually Rennala's feat. Quoting again: "and the majesty of the night she conjured"), and the evidence is there. Just saying it's not a feat debunks anything. And honestly, I find funny enough how most of your points to shoot down the feats are basically personal thoughts and things such as "oh but you are seeing this in a vsbw way so it's invalid," like if you are doing passive-aggressive hints towards the wiki you are administrating xd.
Speaking about 4-A stuff, you also have how Ranni's order is basically the night sky, and the power of the cosmos. She directly states that to you in her dialogue at Ranni's Rise after her questline. She basically opposes the Golden Order, and the Elden Ring, that also holds power over stars. I think in her ending she also did something with the stars, apparently, create them, but I can't confirm that yet.
And if that isn't enough (somehow), her Dark Moon is also capable of controlling the stars from what I've researched:
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ranni's+Dark+Moon
I absolutely despise it when people take vague ass terms, add their own personal meaning to them, and then say shit like "uhm acktchually its pretty clear".

You can conjure an illusion. All "conjure" means is that it was done via magic. Just saying "its a feat" doesn't make it so. You have the gall to invent literal headcanon and then say that, because I do not follow said headcanon, I am working purely off of my own thoughts. No. You are adding context to a thing to make it a feat. That is the "VSBW way of thinking". It does not inherently render things as invalid, it simply makes me irate because I know the reason you are interpretting things the way that you are. Not everything must be a feat, and yet your VSBW-inspired brain insists that this could not be an illusion or any other explanation. No. This must be a feat! It is deeply annoying to deal with that sort of thinking, because it is hyperfocused on tiers and stats and not what is actually going on in the bloody lore.

I have, in fact, finished her questline. I have gotten every main ending in the game. I have debated Ranni's vague-ass dialogue over and over again. It does not imply a feat. Moving one's Order isn't a feat, nor is it relevant to your claim here that Ranni created multiple solar systems just so a boss fight can look cool.

So Ranni basically has power over the Dark Moon.
And:
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Moon+of+Nokstella

That thing basically has control over countless stars.
And what meteorites has to do with anything? If you were talking about Radahn, then I can understand it. But Rennala's night has anything to do with meteorites. And while they has the same importance as stars, they aren't the same, and this is mostly a hierarchical comparison, instead of a physical size one. Btw, did someone really negated the comparison? I don't remember seeing anything of that tbh.
Holy hell

Nokstella doesn't have stars, Hecatia. Nokstella is underground. However it has things that look like stars. What are they? ****** if I know. But we are underground, with something glowing up on the ceiling.

Furthermore. Being a "guide" isn't "I can control and create nigh-infinite quANTITIES OF STARS!" The two statements aren't comparable. Once again you are inventing a feat by seeing words like "stars" and adding context as needed to justify a tier.

Rennala's night is never stated to be a newly created pocket reality or what have you, nor would that have any reason to be the case. It would have reason to be an illusion- Ranni stepping in to defend her mother, while giving the impression of her mother's full power, would absolutely track.

For the record! This is why I'm going to continue arguing here, for the spectators in this scuffle. If I don't, people will get silly ideas from silly theories and headcanon. Sure, it isn't official yet. But if left to sit with no counter-argument, then people will take it as such, and it makes my job all the harder. I need to make sure these stats are as accurate as possible (or, at the very least, I'd deeply like to).

No reason to not assume they are stars besides from Radahn feat. Everything else would be association fallacy.
And the countless spells that equate stars and falling stars, the creatures named stars that aren't star sized, etc etc etc...

We literally just see shiny dots in the sky and think "aha! 4-A! I win! hahahaha!"

good lord

This isn't really proof of what you're claiming. "Creating a night" means literally nothing. It is not equatable to "creating dozens of solar systems for no reason". And, again, I must say I can't take you seriously in this context anymore.

I've seen no concrete proof to suggest this outside of the usage of the word "star" and "constellation", which both have their own problems (stars, in-game, are regularly shown to be equatable with "shooting stars", e.g., meteors. Furthermore, the game doesn't state the two are different at any point barring one spell from the Eternal Cities. Suddenly claiming "oh no he held up both" doesn't work- he was stated to hold up stars, and we see the damage caused by one of these so-called "stars". As for the constellation thing, battling the constellations seems to me, and others, to be a reference to the Fallingstar Beasts, monsters with some ties to Radahn- notably Astel being the final big bad of the underground areas he unlocks, and the creatures themselves using the same gravity magic as Radahn).

You guys keep referring to random cinematics with literally no proof and expecting me to take it as absolute fact, I don't know what to tell you other than find actual evidence.

Our KE standards require an impact based on KE to somewhat match the KE of the feat itself. As people are intent to constantly groan about how Radahn is totes for suresies 4-A because the game mentioned stars, I am intent to point out that the impact site for one of these stars is only Tier 7 in scope of damage, thus invalidated in a whole new way. This isn't the only invalidation, of course, I can point at the lore all day and night if need be until it gets through to you, but this is a technical invalidation for the site itself.

I absolutely despise it when people take vague ass terms, add their own personal meaning to them, and then say shit like "uhm acktchually its pretty clear".

You can conjure an illusion. All "conjure" means is that it was done via magic. Just saying "its a feat" doesn't make it so. You have the gall to invent literal headcanon and then say that, because I do not follow said headcanon, I am working purely off of my own thoughts. No. You are adding context to a thing to make it a feat. That is the "VSBW way of thinking". It does not inherently render things as invalid, it simply makes me irate because I know the reason you are interpretting things the way that you are. Not everything must be a feat, and yet your VSBW-inspired brain insists that this could not be an illusion or any other explanation. No. This must be a feat! It is deeply annoying to deal with that sort of thinking, because it is hyperfocused on tiers and stats and not what is actually going on in the bloody lore.

I have, in fact, finished her questline. I have gotten every main ending in the game. I have debated Ranni's vague-ass dialogue over and over again. It does not imply a feat. Moving one's Order isn't a feat, nor is it relevant to your claim here that Ranni created multiple solar systems just so a boss fight can look cool.

Holy hell

Nokstella doesn't have stars, Hecatia. Nokstella is underground. However it has things that look like stars. What are they? ****** if I know. But we are underground, with something glowing up on the ceiling.

Furthermore. Being a "guide" isn't "I can control and create nigh-infinite quANTITIES OF STARS!" The two statements aren't comparable. Once again you are inventing a feat by seeing words like "stars" and adding context as needed to justify a tier.

Rennala's night is never stated to be a newly created pocket reality or what have you, nor would that have any reason to be the case. It would have reason to be an illusion- Ranni stepping in to defend her mother, while giving the impression of her mother's full power, would absolutely track.

For the record! This is why I'm going to continue arguing here, for the spectators in this scuffle. If I don't, people will get silly ideas from silly theories and headcanon. Sure, it isn't official yet. But if left to sit with no counter-argument, then people will take it as such, and it makes my job all the harder. I need to make sure these stats are as accurate as possible (or, at the very least, I'd deeply like to).
I really don't have any realm to say this, but maybe tone down the little hostility a bit? It just seems that way with the caps and un-caps you're doing with your words. Again, I probably shouldn't be saying this, and I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

Sorry but.

It seems to me that you are ignoring conveniently my arguments and taking what fits mostly with your interpretations. That's not something anyone that has any respect for the series would do, but instead, is something someone that wants him and only him to be right would do, which is kinda sad.

And sorry if you can't take me in consideration just because I have a different interpretation besides you. But surprise, this is a debate forum, so clearly everyone will have their own interpretations and points of view. To say "you are seeing this in a powerscaling sense, so I will not take you seriously" is a pretty immature attitude, befitting to the most stubborn of childs. And isn't because of "my brain being corrupted by the devilish mental waves of vsbw," it's because... common sense. Of course not everything is a feat, but that doesn't mean I will not notice nor consider something that I think is a feat XD.

Anywayyyyy, I will respond later, or perhaps tomorrow/friday, because now I will be occupied with something else. Just want to say that, for an admin to take my arguments as a direct insult towards him, and accuse me of taking things out of context or being obssessed with feats, it's a really pathetic attitude, and makes me wonder if you really are worth of having that role. And admin is someone that can stay calm and see and analyze every perspective in a sane and healthy way, not someone who is easily heated and wants to shoot down anything that goes against his personal views, nor is someone who directly insults the people he is discussing with.

Sorry but.

It seems to me that you are ignoring conveniently my arguments and taking what fits mostly with your interpretations. That's not something anyone that has any respect for the series would do, but instead, is something someone that wants him and only him to be right would do, which is kinda sad.

And sorry if you can't take me in consideration just because I have a different interpretation besides you. But surprise, this is a debate forum, so clearly everyone will have their own interpretations and points of view. To say "you are seeing this in a powerscaling sense, so I will not take you seriously" is a pretty immature attitude, befitting to the most stubborn of childs. And isn't because of "my brain being corrupted by the devilish mental waves of vsbw," it's because... common sense. Of course not everything is a feat, but that doesn't mean I will not notice nor consider something that I think is a feat XD.

Anywayyyyy, I will respond later, or perhaps tomorrow/friday, because now I will be occupied with something else. Just want to say that, for an admin to take my arguments as a direct insult towards him, and accuse me of taking things out of context or being obssessed with feats, it's a really pathetic attitude, and makes me wonder if you really are worth of having that role. And admin is someone that can stay calm and see and analyze every perspective in a sane and healthy way, not someone who is easily heated and wants to shoot down anything that goes against his personal views, nor is someone who directly insults the people he is discussing with.
I literally haven't ignored any aspect of the shit I've posted a response to.

People have even been vaguely complaining by the amount of things I've been posting as counter to yours.

What the **** are you talking about lol.

Swrry, but you are taking me as the devil rn, and accusing me of a lot of shit and directly saying that you can't take me serously, broU.
No, I'm taking you as a wanker. Because that's all I can see you doing, jokingly or not. 's why I can't take you seriously, friend.

Couldn't this star validity talk be taken to a new thread? Or at least call up other mods to see what they think?
I had done that, actually. Armorchompy agreed with me. Could try to nab more. That said, right now I don't see the point of making a new thread. Y'all are intent to point out nothing concrete is being suggested. I'm simply arguing against something being actually suggested- if someone wants to make a thread, I'll argue there, too.

We should call more of them I think, not because I'm against you but just to get more than two opinions
I think we have more than two opinions, being fair. Ovens is also around.

If it helps, I know Crab just got Elden Ring, if only because he texted me last night asking if he should get it. Other Souls vet staff would be like Wokistan, maybe.

No, I'm taking you as a wanker. Because that's all I can see you doing, jokingly or not. 's why I can't take you seriously, friend.
"I disagree with you so I will treat you as a wanker"
Welp, there goes your transparency as an admin~
Funnily enough, if you are treating me as a wanker, you are also treating nearly everyone here as one. So well, whatever.

I think we have more than two opinions, being fair. Ovens is also around.

If it helps, I know Crab just got Elden Ring, if only because he texted me last night asking if he should get it. Other Souls vet staff would be like Wokistan, maybe.
I think that can help

Anyway, I can make a thread dedicated to the ER profiles like discussed above so we can focus on making profiles on the new thread and keep this one for more general stuff if that's okay

"I disagree with you so I will treat you as a wanker"
Welp, there goes your transparency as an admin~
Funnily enough, if you are treating me as a wanker, you are also treating nearly everyone here as one. So well, whatever.
Not what I said. You take shit out of context as a user to achieve a higher rating. I don't take, say, Paul as a wanker because Paul provides actual decent arguments. Ovens might be a wanker but I've already called him that for his Low 2-C Dark Souls arguments.

That said, I'm being incredibly transparent here. My goal is to always be transparent. Up to and including when I think people are wankers. So if I don't call you a wanker, there's a good chance I don't think you are one. I value honesty.

I think that can help

Anyway, I can make a thread dedicated to the ER profiles like discussed above so we can focus on making profiles on the new thread and keep this one for more general stuff if that's okay
Feel free to do so. Wok is obscure in the waking world at the moment (ha) so he might not come along, and Crab is only just getting into it, so don't spoil anything for the lad. You're obviously free to grab any other staff members you like, I just listed off two that I thought might be good. DarkGrath is also listed as a supporter, so maybe her as well?

Not what I said. You take shit out of context as a user to achieve a higher rating. I don't take, say, Paul as a wanker because Paul provides actual decent arguments. Ovens might be a wanker but I've already called him that for his Low 2-C Dark Souls arguments.

That said, I'm being incredibly transparent here. My goal is to always be transparent. Up to and including when I think people are wankers. So if I don't call you a wanker, there's a good chance I don't think you are one. I value honesty.
I take shit out of context...? But I make sure to take all the context I can... I also pointed out when someone take things out of context before, and ironically, you took out of context/misunderstood my argument for the Eternal City. In fact, most people seems to be agreeing with me, so it's most probably that I'm making sense(?) Btw I'm also in the tier 2 DS gang hahah.

And well, if your goal is to be transparent, then I think you are failing. I appreciate honesty tho, but being honest here isn't related to be transparent. And seeing how you are trying so desperately to debunk everything I say, I doubt more of that xd.

I would like to report that this is the fourth ******' time in the same thread that the forum decides to make me unfollow it

That is all, continue the ringing of the eld

I take shit out of context...? But I make sure to take all the context I can... I also pointed out when someone take things out of context before, and ironically, you took out of context/misunderstood my argument for the Eternal City. In fact, most people seems to be agreeing with me, so it's most probably that I'm making sense(?) Btw I'm also in the tier 2 DS gang hahah.

And well, if your goal is to be transparent, then I think you are failing. I appreciate honesty tho, but being honest here isn't related to be transparent. And seeing how you are trying so desperately to debunk everything I say, I doubt more of that xd.
No, you do not. However, I am agreeing to keep such discussions on the other thread, for the sake of the sanity of those here. But you saying "guide" is a justification for Tier 4 is all I need to know about your arguments, friend.

I think you should look up what the word "transparent" means.

Back