• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I would also take the opportunity to say to both parties that this is not a CRT and making bad blood here isn't particularly fruitful, ER lore is difficult and sometimes even illogical (I had an off-site discussion about the stars with someone else and we genuinely came to the conclusion that there was no one conclusion to easily come to), so let's keep in mind that everyone has their takes on it, which can vary greatly and all yadda yadda chill.

No, you do not. However, I am agreeing to keep such discussions on the other thread, for the sake of the sanity of those here. But you saying "guide" is a justification for Tier 4 is all I need to know about your arguments, friend.

I think you should look up what the word "transparent" means.
Well sorry for having a different vision, now just relax a little xd.

Regardless, I will continue in the other thread.

Well sorry for having a different vision, now just relax a little xd.

Regardless, I will continue in the other thread.
Apologizing for something that isn't the thing I was criticizing, and following it up with another "xd", is exactly what I've come to expect, aye.

Cheers.

actively decide against arguing things like immeasurable dragons despite having wrote up a decent response to it in order to avoid making the thread heated and a back and forth walls of argument shit

happens anyway
metal-gear-solid-v-video-game.gif

I will afford myself (and Hecatia, even) the Last Snotty Remark. It's a time-honored tradition of online forums and I refuse to not acknowledge it. Complaining constantly about "heated" discussions implies to me that VSBW may not be the place for your weary soul.

I will afford myself (and Hecatia, even) the Last Snotty Remark. It's a time-honored tradition of online forums and I refuse to not acknowledge it. Complaining constantly about "heated" discussions implies to me that VSBW may not be the place for your weary soul.
Nah dude, nothing wrong with a little heat, but that's for the future, we'll get to the absolute shitfest hellhole that is gonna last for 40 pages and will probably end in a few causalities when we get there.
Let's enjoy the calm before the storm and not have petty remarks, thinly veiled sarcasm, borderline insults, questioning of other people's motives and intellect, cussing, and more in this thread.
We can do all that later 🗿

I found this comment about Melina in this video, and I think it's a pretty solid interpretation. What do ya'll think?
Here are the things we do know about her:
  • Claims not to have a physical body
  • Burnmarks on her body
  • One eye closed and marked
  • Wields the Blade of Calling, whose item description refers to her as a "kindling maiden"
  • Knows a lot about the Frenzied Flame, and fears it. Will set out to kill you if you get the Lord of the Frenzied Flame ending.
  • Hints that she is fulfilling her own will by sacrificing herself to burn the Erdtree and suggests her mother might have had a similar purpose in mind for her long ago.
  • Has a lot of detailed knowledge about Marika
  • Datamined game files refer to her as "MaricaOfDaughter"
So based on all this, I think we can put together a pretty solid case that she was a daughter of Marika, and probably an empyrean, who was tasked by her mother with serving as kindling to burn the Erdtree in a previous (and aborted) attempt by Marika to end the age of the Erdtree and the Golden Order. We can also surmise that this plan somehow involved the Three Fingers and the Flame of Frenzy (my belief is that it meant harnessing the flame itself to burn the Erdtree, but Melina came to see the Frenzied Flame as a malign force at the moment it began to engulf her, and managed to keep it from engulfing her spirit, even as her body was consumed.) But she still believes that the Erdtree needs to be burned so some form of order can be restored to the world, which is why she encourages you to use the Forge of Giants' flame to do it

Even if it doesn't turn out to be the strongest of the series, it's at least not the weakest AP wise. Sekiro seems like it'll still hold that title.

Even if it doesn't turn out to be the strongest of the series, it's at least not the weakest AP wise. Sekiro seems like it'll still hold that title.
Aye. Bloodborne may even sink lower, depending on some things. I've heard whispers in the winds.

Bloodborne? Sinking below even Town level Sekiro? Don't know how to feel about that
Depends. 5-A is considered suspect since people assume it is an illusion including by someone here hardcore against Ranni's stuff being an illusion despite more clear-cut evidence. Neutral on the idea personally. The High 8-C calc also got flak for being very weird by our calc standards, which is true but probably requires a discussion thread.

So yeah Bloodborne is in an odd spot.

Yeah the High 8-C calc treats shockwaves as sound waves and tiers the decibels emitted which I don't think is how it works

So then Tier 7 seems to be the only uncontroversial feat from BB.

Though I'm sure we can find a better calc or value to scale the low tiers to. Definitely plenty 9-B at least. Wouldn't be surprised if 9-A stuff exists either.

And wouldn't ER only be the fastest if we accepted the cosmic interpretations? Otherwise I heard we could get possible MHS maybe but that's it. Did something new get found?

Though I'm sure we can find a better calc or value to scale the low tiers to. Definitely plenty 9-B at least. Wouldn't be surprised if 9-A stuff exists either.

And wouldn't ER only be the fastest if we accepted the cosmic interpretations? Otherwise I heard we could get possible MHS maybe but that's it. Did something new get found?
I think Chariot and M3X said they found MHS to MHS+ stuff. Chariot also said something about FTL shit but I forgot.

Well the MHS and MHS+ would be heavily dependent on the values cause Sekiro upscales from MHS and BB has a calculated and accepted MHS+ feat that's the highest number so far I believe.

Oh, definitely 9-A, aye.

Depends. 5-A is considered suspect since people assume it is an illusion including by someone here hardcore against Ranni's stuff being an illusion despite more clear-cut evidence. Neutral on the idea personally. The High 8-C calc also got flak for being very weird by our calc standards, which is true but probably requires a discussion thread.

So yeah Bloodborne is in an odd spot.
And then there's Demon Souls

Demon's Souls tiering also seems kinda outdated, calc tiers are definitely spotty

Back