• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Just wondering which is your favorite looking Soulsborne protag so far? And by that I mean their main default promotional design.

I think the tarnished is my favorite.

I think that the stars in gameplay and the "falling stars" are probably not good proof for actual Tier 4 stuff, but the actual lore descriptions and a glance at the sky can show you real celestial bodies existing in space, with in-game references to Earth as a planet and keeping it far from the Moon and stars by Ranni.

Lore-wise being able to hold up the stars in the night sky, even if they aren't as big as actual stars, would still be an absolutely insane feat. But I think that given the sky has a whole moon and we know of the planet being Earth that I'm willing to wager at least some of those stars are real, personally.

I'm curious though, given the NPCs you can summon for Radahn and how it's almost blatantly shoved in your face that they all want to join the fight via the summons, I'm curious if we could scale the NPCs that can be summoned to Radahn? At least partly? IIRC at least Blaidd later on down the line after the Radahn fight (has to be after as well due to quest reasons) can still give The Tarnished a fight when he goes mad so I imagine he probably has the strongest case of scaling.

Also yeah Blaidd is quite strong, especially given the whole thing with his lore and counterpart. He would at the very least downscale off a held back Radahn.
Also calling dibs on his profile.

The attacks that visually show what look to be stars (but small), the falling stars are literally just creatures no bigger than a building, and tbh the underground having that space vibe on the ceiling could also make some think less of the star stuff.

I can totally see why some wouldn't buy it because of stuff like that, but I dunno. Though a loose usage of the word "star" doesn't mean that they can't be be referring to real stars, too. It's just gonna be harder to convince people. The actual potential Tier 4 feats are the ones where the actual night sky is involved as well as the whole Moon. I think actual stars have to exist in that sky, if we can acknowledge both the planet, moon, and stars. Pretty sure there's also a Sun. That's a star that exists in space. Do we assume everything beyond the Earth, Sun, and Moon is just blank void filled with small creatures that can glow? I feel like that requires a lot more assumptions than just taking the game at its word. Actual stars and these creatures likened to stars can coexist.

Well there is the fact that if they were creatures, they'd still be huge, given distance is a thing and for them to appear like that in the sky while also being out of the atmosphere they'd gotta be at least hundreds of kilometers.

It ain't like the game doesn't work on actual perspective.

There's a lot to unpack, but for the brave few you can watch this video if you wish to get the full story lore.

Personally, based on what I've seen and discussed with Bambu, Wokistan, Paul Frank, and Phoenix, the celestial feats vary from 4-B to 3-B depending on how you want to look at things.

There is also a dissenting opinion that the verse should not break into the celestial territory, which I'm partially against but nonetheless, the arguments are there and sometimes seem sound.

Besides Radahn's falling star feat, there is also Elden Beast's starry sky feat and Ranni's moon at the end which contains a galaxy. Wok says a lot of these feats are not to scale and I can see where he's coming from considering Radahn. But I'm inclined to disagree because Ranni was quite literal when she said she wanted Earth to be rid of stars and the moon. 1000 year voyage and all that.

The way I see it, there are smart ways and there are dumb ways we can approach this. A smart way is we throw all the celestial feats out and scale everything to Radahn's crater multiplied by the "stars" we see various people create and control. A dumb way is we assume everyone is planet sized, which at a certain angle, actually looks plausible. But we would require immense proof of the latter.

Conjuring up the night is still 4-A at least

The tarnished should be immeasurable due to fighting beyond time, but sadly it won't get accepted here unless we see someone moving through time

Tbh I don't even think Radahn's feat is the best feat in the game even if we exclude celestial shit.
The Dragon Lord and it's fuckery of Farum among others all could end up being quite high.

Conjuring up the night is still 4-A at least

The tarnished should be immeasurable due to fighting beyond time, but sadly it won't get accepted here unless we see someone moving through time
When does that even happen? Also I don't see how "fighting beyond time" Is immeasurable

images

Though personally I'm not against the tier 4/3 feats being legit, the main qualm I have is if they actually scale to AP or the like. It could be ED or specific magic that doesn't inherently scale to other things, especially as Elden is a verse where magic can draw from the same source as AP, but also doesn't have to and there's specific spells that tend to be hyper focused in specialized for a thing.

Shit like Radahn's would be AP, it's gravity magic he uses explicitly to attack as well and the Tarnished has grav magic too, but those stars might not be real ones but stuff like Ranni which is actual stars is a bit more odd and if it scales offensively is vague.

Also, if anyone is stuck on Mal, use Rivers of Blood to spam blood loss, even if you have to respec for a bit.

So I ran into Ancient Dragon Lansseax, the dragon that conjures the Red Lightning and Shit from the Trailer. He's on the hill after leaving the Abandoned Coffin Grace Site.

How? Did you save and load?
What do you mean? For the endings? As long as you don't do frenzy flame first you good to go. Ranni and normal ending you can pick and chose, Frenzy hard locks the others out tho. You can refight the final boss after each ending if you dont click start second journey.

Can we please make a Profile for the Great Dragonfly? I ******* hate those things and I'm gonna add million Ls to it's Profile just because it pisses me off. In all seriousness though besides the Tarnished, who gets first dibs on a Profile? Btw, the Tarnished has Mindhax via the Bewitching Branch.

Last edited:
How hard? Haven't fought it yet but I did just kill the Dragonkin Soldier in Siofra River.
Well usually if you try to get some distance, they'll throw black flames at ya. They also attack fast, usually in succession. They don't get staggered easily, and they deal a good amount of damage. And that's not including phase 2. However, it's really fun, so that's good. It is located at the very top of the western side of the map in a windmill town area.

Can we please make a Profile for the Great Dragonfly? I ******* hate those things and I'm gonna a million Ls to it's Profile just because it pisses me off. In all seriousness though besides the Tarnished, who gets first dibs on a Profile? Btw, the Tarnished has Mindhax via the Bewitching Branch.
Well I called dibs on Malenia.

Also don't make Tarnished's profile until we go through all the items since there's like over 200 of them.

And if we're splitting the profile up based on progression, some weapons like the Moonlight Greatsword will be locked behind later keys.

So, what do you guys think is the hardest boss in the game?

I tried to fight all the bosses without any summon, but I just couldn't for the life of me to kill Radahn solo. That ****** is absolutely nuts and on some crack. Easily takes the hardest boss for me in all of soulsborne. I didn't even die that much to Kos.

Back