• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Been curious who is stronger between Marika and Godfrey? Even if someone says Godfrey, how could he get banished then? Based on what they imply seems like there was nothing he could do about it. But apparently Marika needed a champion to conquer all her foes which would imply Godfrey superiority. I know they were both fire giant killers. At very least they seem comparable at a glance. And you essentially fight
one after the other in form of radogan

Maybe one just has more hax other more raw strength?
I'd say Marika. She's an outright God and it's from her power that you can become Elden Lord. It's also stated she personally defeated the Fell God in direct combat during the war with the Giants and her personal weapon is a hammer, a very barbarian like weapon for a goddess. Aside from that, she does seem to prefer to let others do the handy work and seemed to be more of a scholar (her talisman raises mental stats as opposed to Radagon's and her bedchamber is filled with tablets and feels less like a room to rest and more like a study) but again considering her feats it's probably more of a personal preference. And yeah she definitely has more hax than Godfrey who is clearly not really gifted at Magic (not that he needs it anyway).

Last edited:
Been curious who is stronger between Marika and Godfrey? Even if someone says Godfrey, how could he get banished then? Based on what they imply seems like there was nothing he could do about it. But apparently Marika needed a champion to conquer all her foes which would imply Godfrey superiority. I know they were both fire giant killers. At very least they seem comparable at a glance. And you essentially fight
one after the other in form of radogan

Maybe one just has more hax other more raw strength?
Most likely Marika but the gap isn't incomparable most likely. Marika was essentially THE top dog in the Lands Between outside of Elden Beast. She was a true god, and superior to all of her children. As much of a Hoarah Loux fanboy as I am I find it hard to believe he could ever win in a fight. But MAYBE he had more raw strength. I doubt that her having him go off to kill her enemies really implied much about their strength. Marika seems to just be the type to not get her hands dirty unless she personally needs to step in. Typical ruler stuff. "We have people for that." Like there's no doubt at all she COULD'VE purged the Lands of Shadow herself, but why not just make her son do it and leave him there so no one would know she did it+to contain him.

Interesting stuff about Marika. If you look very closely in the story trailer of the DLC, you can see that Marika has scars, likely from the Tooth Whip found in Bonny Village on her arm, meaning that even though she escaped being turned into a living jar she was still tortured.

Learned some very interesting stuff from ranni after finding her as a marketable plushie. Apparently her and(I’m assuming) sisters were emperyiam(candidates) to be the new god/vessel for the elden ring but bro killed herself and turned herself into a doll cuz apparently the elden ring can control you or something

Learned some very interesting stuff from ranni after finding her as a marketable plushie. Apparently her and(I’m assuming) sisters were emperyiam(candidates) to be the new god/vessel for the elden ring but bro killed herself and turned herself into a doll cuz apparently the elden ring can control you or something
It's not the Ring but the Two Fingers. Empyreans have their fate controlled by the Fingers and they can't escape it since they've been directly chosen hence why Ranni killed herself and transferred her spirit in a doll body

Most likely Marika but the gap isn't incomparable most likely. Marika was essentially THE top dog in the Lands Between outside of Elden Beast. She was a true god, and superior to all of her children. As much of a Hoarah Loux fanboy as I am I find it hard to believe he could ever win in a fight. But MAYBE he had more raw strength. I doubt that her having him go off to kill her enemies really implied much about their strength. Marika seems to just be the type to not get her hands dirty unless she personally needs to step in. Typical ruler stuff. "We have people for that." Like there's no doubt at all she COULD'VE purged the Lands of Shadow herself, but why not just make her son do it and leave him there so no one would know she did it+to contain him.
I guess to me I never saw too much of the impact of how strong being a "god" was. To me I guess Elden Lord was the strongest thing one can be outside of outer God but it's a title really I know some of them aren't as strong as the tarnished. But since our character dusted Horah, Placudisax, Radogan. Elden Beast it made me Elden Lord was top dog but I know none of rest did that. And since the fire giants were compared to a god and Godfrey defeated some fire giant king or something I thought the term was just stronger than Demi gods for most part. But Marika defeated Fell God but idk what Godfrey was doing during that idk if he watched or was fighting someone else. But it seems our character and somewhat Godfrey were Elden Lord exceptions only and that title doesn't make you superior to all in lands between. Seems like just being her consort. Our character gave illusion Elden lord was nigh unstoppable outside outer gods

Please give your inputs if you can.

Back